The Fragile-NIN

Appetite18

Buy With_Teeth or Pretty Hate Machine first, the fragile is long, and i suppose i would call it kinda epic, its pretty unreal, but it wouldnt be the first album i would recommend. Theres a good few instrumentals on it, nice few headbangers and a ballad or two. But go for the other two first, also Broken is a good cheap buy, but i would leave the fragile til last to buy...

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Buy With_Teeth or Pretty Hate Machine first, the fragile is long, and i suppose i would call it kinda epic, its pretty unreal, but it wouldnt be the first album i would recommend. Theres a good few instrumentals on it, nice few headbangers and a ballad or two. But go for the other two first, also Broken is  a good cheap buy, but i would leave the fragile til last to buy...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Broken would be a good snag, very metal, angrier than anything else he put out.

Buy "And All That Could Have Been."  It's a great live album, and it has a lot of songs off "The Fragile."  It would be a great preview.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, its the closest thing you can get to a greatest hits, the dvd is better than the album tho...

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Buy "And All That Could Have Been."  It's a great live album, and it has a lot of songs off "The Fragile."  It would be a great preview.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, its the closest thing you can get to a greatest hits, the dvd is better than the album tho...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also Robin is on it so you have a GNR connection there. You really can't miss with NIN.

Yeah Ive listened to Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth. PHM had some great songs on it but it sounds a little dated and it sounds different than Teeth or Spiral. Teeth was very good and probably the easiest album of theirs to get into so far. As for that live album, I listened to some of it (borrowed from a friend) and I couldn't get into it, I thought the sound quality was kinda off. But Ill be sure to check out the DVD though.

It's a frustrating release that definitely should've been one disc. The 1st disc is the best stuff Trent's ever done...

While the 2nd disc is his worst, most uninspired and monotonous work. As much as I love the first disc, I wouldn't feel right giving the entire record any more than a C+ grade due to the fact that as a whole, it just isn't very good.