The Doors

Alty

What is your favorite Doors album?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Get Morrison Hotel for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone mentioned LA woman previously, well if you wanna go that route I think this one is better.

First album is the best by far: break on through, light my fire, soul kitchen, crystal ship, the end; they're all good. Next best is LA Woman, for the title track, riders on the storm, L'America, the Changeling, and Love her Madly. Morrison Hotel has Roadhouse blues, Waiting for the Sun, and The Spy among others and stands out as a return to form from "The Soft Parade" which mixed in a lot of brass and strings that didn't quite turn out as well as it could have.

I know someone posted a similar topic but I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite is, it's nice because you can actually list all of them as choices. Make sure you pick your favorite, not the one you think is the best, because very few would argue against "The Doors". Anyways Waiting for the Sun is my favorite, it's very diverse and I just love every song.

Wow, waiting for the sun, eh? I like Unknown soldier the best off that one, Great tune.

But I picked the S/T, just has the best variety IMHO. I like the bluesy sounds of Morrison Hotel and LA Woman too, its a tough call. However, Crystal Ship, The End, Whiskey Bar, Break on Through, every song is fantastic.

EDIT: Ah i see what you were doing there, but s/t is still my favourite.

Edited by A_Sense_Of_Rage

An American Prayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bastard :lol: , I knew I would leave something out by a technicality, so is that really worth checking out (it is your favorite)?

An American Prayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bastard :lol: , I knew I would leave something out by a technicality, so is that really worth checking out (it is your favorite)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually yes...it's my favorite doors album at the moment

i've very into the whole "mixing jazz poetry with rock" kinda thing in my own bands and Jim basically wrote the book in that respect (especially with this album)

great to listen to late at night with no one around. :)