Who the fuck is sick of today's music scene?

xwf2k2

This is a rant on today's music now adays. Who else is sick of this bullshit they call music? I won't even get started with pop culture, but what is considered "rock" now adays is an absolute travesty. You got all these Flash in the pan, flavor of the month, sell outs to pop rock. And then you got these shitty "heavy metal" bands. Crappy bands like Incubus, Korn, Slipknot,  Good Charlotte, Taproot, Chevelle, Saliva, 3 Doors Down.... etc. No one's gonna give a fuck about these bands in 5-10 years. It's time for a revolution. For fans like us, things are looking good for this year. With the new GNR album hopefully coming out, a Metallica album coming out, and all the old GNR member's band most likely releasing something, hopefully this will be the start of revitalizing rock n' roll, and good music.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like Godsmack, Taproot & Saliva but thats about it, i can't wait till The Project or GnR come on2 the scene and blow all the others away, bands/ppl like Good Charlotte, Eminem & Avril are fakes, they try 2 be either punks (avril & GC) or black rappers (Eminem)

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to agree with you about the state of music right now for several reasons.  But first I've got to admit that it is a lot better than it used to be.  Think 5 years ago.  The emergence of 20 boy bands, Spears, Korn, Blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20.  Think about all those bands that dominated the scene half a decade ago.  That was a dark time in the music.  A dark time.  Today it's a lot better.  Alot of those bands are not selling like they used to.  There is a definite pause right now in the music industry.  A kind of feeling like something is about to happen.  The same feeling (like it or not) that occurred when "grunge" popped out into the scene from out of no where.  There are some genuine bands gaining status right now.  White Stripes, Strokes, Vines...etc.  I don't think this is gonna spark a revolution but I'm sure we're not far from it.  

All in all, I wouldn't b*tch so much.  It could be worse.

This is a rant on today's music now adays. Who else is sick of this bullshit they call music? I won't even get started with pop culture, but what is considered "rock" now adays is an absolute travesty. You got all these Flash in the pan, flavor of the month, sell outs to pop rock. And then you got these shitty "heavy metal" bands. Crappy bands like Incubus, Korn, Slipknot,  Good Charlotte, Taproot, Chevelle, Saliva, 3 Doors Down.... etc. No one's gonna give a fuck about these bands in 5-10 years. It's time for a revolution. For fans like us, things are looking good for this year. With the new GNR album hopefully coming out, a Metallica album coming out, and all the old GNR member's band most likely releasing something, hopefully this will be the start of revitalizing rock n' roll, and good music.

I agree totally

• 1 month later...

yeah i agree todays music scene if thats what you can call it is shit. but be thankful you dont live in the uk cos our charts are far more flooded ith this pop idol (american idol to you americans) stuff. in the u.s. atleast a rock band e.g. foo fighters smashing pumpkins or whatever can get into the top 10 in the uk they just cant id doesnt happen.

i got this extract from an articele and i posted on another thread but i fits in here i thnk. it sums up my kinda feelings well about the rock scene and perhaps some of you guys too.

"At a time when heavy rock has fragmented itself between the teen-friendly sports metal of Limp Bizkit, the all-out shock tactics of Slipknot and the wannabe blank cool of Queens Of The Stone Age, there's something compelling about the idea of a Guns N' Roses comeback. It's music free from pretension, an uncontrived sound that wasn't calculated to do anything but rock. Whether or not the new GNR will be able to pick up from where the old left off remains to be seen, but their positive reception at Rock In Rio - in front of an audience more than qualified to judge - would suggest that it may be worth the wait". .. by Richard Vine

I had a friend tell me GNR was pop because pop ment popular and they were inthe 80s so therefore they were pop!  I quickly denied that (after recovering from the shock, haha  ;D) and said pop is what is popular, but doesn't fit into any genre of music like rock, rap, blues etc. because it is crap and isn't really music so they decided to make a new genre called pop to put all the "popular music" that doesn't fit into real music.

I'm not sure that this is anywhere close to being right so what's your opinion on the definition of pop, besides sh*t?  :)