The New GNR

eRomano

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new gnr are ok. I can understand peple are pissed and it's not the same thing that with the old lineup, but these guys are really good too. I don't think Axl would hire these guys and continue with gnr if he couldn't get the best guys there is.

I have one complaint though... I must say I don't like Bucketheads solos... It just doesn't sound good as good as before, but maybe that's just because I've been listening to Slash playing these solos all my life, and I have his 'style' in my brain...

God .....I LOVE the new band...I loved the old band, and obvioulsly still love their music,  but I think the New band surpasses them.  Axl wouldn't be with anybody who couldn't match up,  and I've heard the new songs, and even though there weren't that many,  they still match up in my opinion.

Im sure Im gonna love em.What I have heard so far kicks ass.They sound 5 times better live than the old band ever did,and yes I have seen the ORIGINAL Gunsnroses as well as the UYI lineup live once in oklahoma and once in Texas.Axl's voice sounds awesome like You knew it always could when he got his shit together.Also if anyone knows where I can get any bootleg stuff of the recent shows they can E-mail me at flimflamking@yahoo.com Thanks...

The live stuff I've got from the new gnr is only downloaded. But I can't agree with that the new gnr sounds better than the original lineup... The sound is actually kind of crappy... like fading, sometimes you can't hear axl and sometimes you can't hear buckethead. But yeah, that's the soundguy's fault...

I loved the old band,  but I am so sided with Axl that I fell the old band has been disloyal, so I no longer care for them, I still think their music was the greatest, but I just don't care for them.  And the new band can defiantly take over without a hitch. :D

DUNNO IF I AM,BUT IM PROBABLY THE ONLY IRISH PERSON ON THIS FORUM,BUT WHO CARES BOUT THE LINE UP,AXL IS THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE ORIGINAL BAND WHO COULDNT BE REPLACED,FAIR ENOUGH SLASH WAS AND IS GREAT,BUT I WOULDNT GO RUSHING OUT TO BUY HIS NEW ALBUM,WHEREAS WITH THE NEW LINE UP I WILL B QUEING IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING OF THE DAY IT GETS RELEASED,(THATS HOPEFULLY GONNA BE THIS YEAR),THE NEW LINE HAS PRODUCED ONE OF MY FAV G'N'R SONGS IN THE BLUES,BUT ALL THAT ASIDE IF WE DO C THIS ALBUM,IT WILL AT LEAST BE AS GOOD,IF NOT BETTER THAN THEIR LAST RELEASE OF NEW MATERIAL.AND AS I WAS SAYING BUT KINDA DRIFTED FROM THE POINT,YOU CAN REPLACE A GUITARIST BUT NOT A LEAD SINGER WITH SUCH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE AS AXL'S.SO THEREFORE THE NEW LINE IS GETTING A BIG HELL YEAH FROM ME

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW(HOPEFULLY)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Nathan on the fact that no one has the right to judge the new band as five times better than the original...YET.I also agree with his view on the old band just wanting to jam,but because of who Axl became and still is ie:egotistical,hence the reason we aint seen a gunners album of new material with any line up for over ten years,and yes I am excited about the prospect of a new album,I would be the first to admit that you wouldnt be able to pin me down if it was with the original line up,at least then you knew what you were expecting,this is a learning experience for the fans as much as it is for the band.I know were expecting an album of new material by gnr,but the fact of the matter is were waiting on an album from Axl Rose and his new band.Even though I support the new band down to the ground I doubt it will ever have the same authentic guns feeling,but I will still be on cloud nine when the album eventually see's the light of day.But at the end of the day,Guns and Roses are appetite for destruction,Axl and his new band are Chinese Democracy.

And because it is Axl,not many will question the name of the band IF the f******g album ever hits the stores ;)

Look,  everyone always asks me, and argues with me about why I love the new band more than the old band.  I think that way because of Axl.  I agree with him on almost everything, I don't know why, I just do. That's it.

Ok, I definantly like the old gunners lineup more than the new one. Just take a look at the new ones.

Buckethead what is he doing with that strange popcorn thing on his head. Is he trying to replace the image of slash's cool hat. And take a look at Axl. What happened to the old HARDROCK SEX DRUGS AND ROCK N' ROLL style. In the videos I've seen from the latest shows in RIO he looked like a hiphopper!!!!

Yea, the old Band was fare more cooler!

Buckethead is nothing compaired to slash on the cool fucking rock n' roll front!! 8)

For me OLd n New are cool and great. ofcourse it will take sometime to accept the New lineup as our brain is stucked with the old bands but  for me Im glad that ma Man and his new band or shall i say GUNS N ROSES IS  BACK ON STAGE AND READY TO KICK SOME F*n A**...........! ;):P

Stay safe and fly freee.....Rock on Gunners!!!

Peace!

Sheedz_Axlrose 4evah! :-*

i can respect the fact that peopel like the old lineup more, but it bothers me when people say that buckethead is trying to be like slash,  he had the whole bucket and mask thing going on as long as hes been around, way before he was in gnr,  so hes not trying to be slash,  if anything, the new lineup is trying to get as far away as they can form the old lineup

Well i love the old line up and if they ever wanted to regroup i wouldn't think twice when i first watched new line up i was like no way this is not right, but i watched all the videos of it i could find everyday and it honestly did not take long for it to grow on me and i enjoy more and more everyday now if they release the new album and toutr i will know what to expect as in looks and sounds and will be able to enjoy it 100%.

Guyz :-*, lets give the new lineup a chance without any comparison with the old. ::) cos' frankly no one can beat the old Gnr members for me they are the greatest ops! i have nuttin against the new lineup the truth is i kinda like them too  ;) ops! its just me.......:) .

stay safe and fly free.........Peace!!!!!!!!

Lotta Luv,

Sheedz_axlrose :-*

yeah, i love the old band, but we already have afd, lies/LLAS, UYI 1 and 2 and a grat live album from them, so listen to them and accept that the new band are different and dont judge them on their past albums cuz they aint trying to recreate those days. there a NEW band, so only judge them on what the produce now.