The New GNR

eRomano

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I taped and viewed G&R's performance on the VMAs and my immediate reaction was that this new band is going to be great.  Every1 is comparing the old with the new but that is totally unfair.  The old is history and on with the new!   I have to admit that while watching the VMA, I thought that this was the most boring show I've ever seen in all the years I've watched it.  But, lo and behold, G&R saved it!  Well worth the wait & saving the best for last.

As far as Axl having plastic surgery....SO WHAT!  Does that take away from his stage presence, his voice, his songwriting capabilities, his whole personna?  I THINK NOT!

Someone mentioned that Axl should be ashamed for using or continuing with the band name.  I read somewhere that Axl is the legal owner of the G&R name.  What transpired of the legalities of him going to court to own the name, I don't know the specifics.  

Now, I have a burning question which is killing me.  Does anyone know who the guitarist was that was performing on the right side of the stage?  The complete opposite side of the stage from Buckethead?

Kiana, I am a fan of Axl.  He is the greatest singer songwriter to walk the planet.  As you may read in my other posts, Axl can jam with any band he wants, and can create any sort of music he wants to, but when he says this band is Guns N' Roses, then that is fucked up because it just destroys all hope of a reunion.

Believe it or not there are now 3 guitarists and one of them on the right side of the stage with the pale face that looks like he is dead and the ridiculous haircut is Robin Finck and the other fag is Richard Fortus....

And just as I thought you were starting to mellow out Nathan, I see this post.  ::)   I thought you had really toned down your shots at Axl and the new band since Axl's interview came out. I guess you were just in temporary shock .. and it's worn off now?

... And whether or not you think Axl should have the name Guns N' Roses, that is just a stupid fucking law and it comes down to morals, and you can say what you want kid, but and band has members and doesn't include employees and isn't resembled by 1 person.  It's not Guns N' Roses, it's just a name of Axl's new band because he is to selfish to come up with a name for a new band just like all the other members of Guns N' Roses did because they value the extraordinary band that they participated in creating.

Axl was smart enough to acquire the name while the others were busy getting wasted. I'm certain if one of the others had been smart enough to attain the rights first, they would be using the name now too.

You already know my thoughts on this. While I believe Slash, Duff and the others played a big role in GNR's popularity, the band would never have attained the

success it did or the following it still enjoys without the sound, attitude and lyrical genius of Mr. Rose.

Hey Nathan...I hear you. I totally agree with you on your viewpoint about  Axl.   I love your banter and it's cool & here I thought your response would be ripping  into me.  

Madison...you took the words right outa my mouth. I was thinking the same thing.  Axl just beat everyone to the punch by attaining the name.  He had the business foresight to see this coming and felt that he did what he had to do at the time.  At least, that's my opinion.

Question...which would be harder to replace, Axl or band members?  Grant it..alot of classic songs came out of the old G&R heyday but given the situation, I would think it would be harder to replace Axl.

• 1 month later...

I like the new Guns 'N Roses over the old GNR simply because Axl's  music has matured so the writing has matured too. Like someone else wrote like fine wine!! He is better looking too! The VMAs were soooo boring and I am so glad I waited for GNR to appear because it was the only band worth watching. Rock is back!!!  

the new guns is ok, tommy replaces Duff perfectly and so does Fortus and Brian. However, who could replace Slash? he is one of the best guitarist of all time, and his melody is so blues and wonderfull. i must admit that Finck's solo is kind of boring and unmelodic. In terms of skill, buckethead is up there with slash at the same level ( or could be better), but his solo is not  classic and blues as Slash. Hopefully when chinese democracy is out, it could prove that i am wrong. ;D

I like the Guns n' Roses allready now then the old guys, I think it the reasen is that i'm 17 and never really knowed the old guy's because i was 7 that time:-/ So now I see those new guy's coming back with my favorite Rock star ever "Axl Rose". I see them coming back now and that's a great feeling, like the feeling I had at the moment tey where rocking at the VMA's!. Thank Axl for coming back and can't wait to see you in the Netherlands. ;D

Greetings RbagioRose

Go GNR. WELCOME TO SJ for New Years gig!.......Let's see the fur fly when buckethead and brain assault the peace in downtown San Josey! ;D 8) :P :-X :-* Brain will splatter all over..... sanjosey, so Fire up the kfc and go GNR! hey to brain from jon, jim, and randy!

I have to disagree with Tiger sprit on the grounds that Stinson replaces Duff perfectly , that is just a falicy , although Tommy is quite good he is NO Duff and he lacks the style and stage presence that Duff had . Duff was also part of the soul of the old GNR and it's most underated member IMO ;)  , and I just don't think you can say that about Stinson , of course if your partial to the New GnR your gonna disagree with me .

Peace GnR Nation 8)

• 2 weeks later...

??? ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D  I know some of you might have already heard about this but I just read in the November 15th issue of Entertainment Weekly PG 130, that the previous members (Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin, and Matt Sorum) of GNR are all getting together to make a new album, set for next year.  All they need is a singer...hint....hint.....  I LOVE Axl but he needs to get over it and just reconcile with the old members and become "The GNR" that we all once knew and loved, once again.  Ahh....wishful thinking..........   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ok, I've heard "Chinese Democracy", and I think G/R are returning with a vengence!(sp?) Not to cut anyone down(meaning former members), But on the offical Guns website, it says their Madison Square Garden Scheduled show sold out in 15min, and I hardly ever anything on Slash, Duff, Izzy, Etc. I just bought tickets to see Guns in Phoenix, and the only sections left we're Terrace! Lets hope Guns get as popular as they we're way back when, even with the new members.

• 4 weeks later...

I just Saw the new GNR at the Fleet Center and I thought it was a dream come true. I never got to see the Old GNR but last week I was in heaven. Man seeing AXL made me freak out...I partied all night long and belted the tunes out..I thought Buckethead was awsome...I think he has a cooler persona than Slash. The new GNR seems to be more about making interesting and unique songs...were as the old GNR was a PArty band..

I was too young to see them in the Appetite days, and when I went to see them at the World Music Theatre, the concert was cancelled because of their instruments being destroyed at a certain St. Louis concert (does anyone know about that??? ;).

I then got tickets to see them at the Rosemont Horizon (Allstate Center) and they cancelled because Illinois extradited Axl and allowed the MO police to come and nab him.

I was always upset because my wife saw them open for David Lee Roth and I'd not seen them live (I subsisted on bootlegs, the Ritz concert, and the Hippodrome concert from Paris) until they played Vegas in '01.  I realize they were very new to playing with one another, but they were still musically great.  Also, standing feet from Axl was pretty darn cool!!  I like the new band, but to compare them musically to the AFD Guns is unfair!!

• 3 weeks later...

One by one:

- Axl is the king, no matter what he does!

- Buckethead is of course an excellent guitarist, but it is stupid to walk around with a mask and a chicken bucket! Anyhow I have problems accepting him as as Slashs replacement.

- Finck seems allright, also great guitarist, but whats with all the makeup, are GNRs lead guitarists to ugly to show their faces?

- Richard Fortus, I dont think he will stay long, he was just brought in for the tour.

- Brain is the best drummer ever in GNR.

You dont need alot of soul and feeling to play drums, therefor he kicks both Sorum and Adlers ass!

To sum up: New GNR is of course much better when it comes to technique, I cant seem to accept Buckethead though.

Add: Dizzy has become Axls bitch :-/

Peace :D

• 2 weeks later...

anders, i think axl said he was long long time looking for a rythmic guitar like richard fortus ... i don´t think he is for the tour ... i think he will be recording his tracks in chinese democracy as a member of the new guys.

and i also think that is too bad all the new guys didn´t like guns and roses, ther weren´t guns and roses fans and they like play music opposite to guns and roses hard rock and roll style.

axl should contract musicians near of guns and roses music style.

anyway l like the new band i can´t wait for the new album