Ozzy Osbourne reissues

neatd99

I understand that a few years ago, Ozzy reissued some of his solo albums and replaced the original bass/drum work. I know the reissues of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman are horrible. How is the reissue for No More Tears? Should I buy the original CD instead?

Thanks.

Edited by neatd99

I understand that a few years ago, Ozzy reissued some of his solo albums and replaced the original bass/drum work. I know the reissues of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman are horrible. How is the reissue for No More Tears? Should I buy the original CD instead?

Thanks.

i think they're just remastered, i don't think he replaced any drum/bass work.

Yeah they we're reissued but they we're remastered, he didn't replace anything. I have the re-issue for the Blizzard Of Ozz and i hate it because other things have been changed(such as the synth intro to Mr. Crowley)

and the voices that are laughing at the end of crazy train. Luckily you can still find the originals.

You can't beat the originals. Shame on Ozzy/Sharon!! Do they NEED more money??? Apparently Sharon does! I don't think Ozzy knows what the hell is going on.

I seriously doubt it was Sharon and Ozzy, I don't see how remastering the album would get them more money but im guessing that it was the record company that Ozzy is signed to that did it.

yes, they've been tinkered with. don't buy them. even one of the bonus tracks was fooled around with. the song "Don't Blame Me", which was on the "Mama, I'm Coming Home" CD Single, has a different vocal track with different lyrics. get the '95 remasters instead.

Edited by artfromtex

You can't beat the originals. Shame on Ozzy/Sharon!! Do they NEED more money??? Apparently Sharon does! I don't think Ozzy knows what the hell is going on.

I seriously doubt it was Sharon and Ozzy, I don't see how remastering the album would get them more money but im guessing that it was the record company that Ozzy is signed to that did it.

No it was definitely Sharon. She's had a hate on for Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley since they dared to ask for their correct royalties for co-writing and recording the songs on the first 2 Ozzy albums (Blizzard and Diary).

When the 2001 re-issues were being made, Sharon decided to do an ultimate "fuck you" to them by removing their parts, thus cutting them out of any sales and royalties of the new re-issues.

here is a good article about it.