My band's first demos

Guys, I'd love to share the first 3 songs that my band wrote with you.

These were recorded 8 months ago after we had only played together for 2 months.

We improve all the time, but more importantly; some of the songs we have written since are quite tremendous in my opinion. You'll hear them sometime..

This link is for "mybaby.com":

Song 1

This link is for "Mr. Average":

Song 2

This link is for "The day war died":

Song 3

Please give me some feedback and some thoughts on our music!

Thanks for listening fellow gunners!

Tom

Pretty good for demo's.. I only listened to the first and second ones so far, and yeah..

I think the mix is pretty good sounding overall for a demo, how'd you record the drums? Mics? Drum triggers? If mics how many, and positioning? The only complaints I have with the mix is the bass seems a little low to me at some points; otherwise it's pretty solid.

Dude! That would be me... LOL

No offence taken!

In fact it's a compliment of immense proportions..

ok good. you can hit the notes well and all, just quit it with the phony (i think) accent and it would rock.

he´s not an american or a brit, hence the accent. + he´s from the westcoast of norway. them fuckers can´t even speak proper english there :P

the songs are alright... good fillers.

Dude! That would be me... LOL

No offence taken!

In fact it's a compliment of immense proportions..

ok good. you can hit the notes well and all, just quit it with the phony (i think) accent and it would rock.

he´s not an american or a brit, hence the accent. + he´s from the westcoast of norway. them fuckers can´t even speak proper english there :P

the songs are alright... good fillers.

Sure we can speek proper english here. Thor Heyerdahl ain't from the westcoast :angry:

Teddy, I speak english quite fluently.

But no particular accent.

It's like when I go to London I pronounce the word "water" very differently from when I meet americans in for instance Italy.

I don't see what's the big deal with my accent anyway though. I don't twist my words on purpose, I just sing what feels natural at the time.

I can wait to show you guys OUR bug guns...LOL..

It's like when I go to London I pronounce the word "water" very differently from when I meet americans in for instance Italy.

I don't see what's the big deal with my accent anyway though. I don't twist my words on purpose, I just sing what feels natural at the time.

well, I'd love to see what bug guns are :)

anyway... the songs are ok. you do do something weird with your voice.

and NO, you won't speak english fluently if you're norwegian!!! :)

that's just the way it is...

well, I'd love to see what bug guns are :)

anyway... the songs are ok. you do do something weird with your voice.

and NO, you won't speak english fluently if you're norwegian!!! :)

that's just the way it is...

Norwegians probably speak better English than 90% of English people and 98.5% of Americans.

Good songs btw. Very catchy, particularly mybaby.com!

• 4 months later...

Very nice demo's...like a guy said earlier..you guys sound very professional for your first demos you should be very happy with those..where are you guys from?

BTW who are your inspirations behind your music..you remind me of a few bands..just wanna see if you take after them at all :rolleyes:

mybaby.com- sure hit on mtv, has an old green day feel

mr.average- to me a mix of bad religion and iron maiden, it would sound better with a heavier sound but i dont blame you cuz their only demos

3rd song (forgot the name)- Number of the beast iron maiden type lyrics, with an old skool metal style, like metallica on the black album, but not as heavy.

Id like more solos, and tell your drum to fucking play louder, the drumming in mr.average kills me cuz its so soft

Edited by tuyfuvk17

My biggest influence is Guns n Roses of course, but I didn't write those three songs. My only role in those three was, of course, to make the melody for the lyrics.

The guy that wrote Mr. Average and The day war died is a big fan of Ozzy and Black Sabbath and Zakk Wylde, while the guy that came up with mybaby.com is actually a country-fan who likes Georgia Satelites and Neil Young etc.

mybaby.com is too muck California-punk for us in the long run.

Mr. Average IS actually made a bit heavier since the demo.

The day war died is perhaps too heavy to describe our typical sound.

I'll post new tracks - far superior to those three - by august.