Another Rumored Track List

JL900

Sorry if this is a repost or has already been mentioned in the CD for March according to Slash thread. Havn't had the time to read through every page but here it is according to UltimateGuitar

Rumored track list is as follows:

01. "Chinese Democracy"

02. "This I Love"

03. "I.R.S."

04. "Thyme"

05. "Substitute"

06. "The General"

07. "Seven"

08. "Madagascar"

09. "Ides Of March"

10. "Catcher In The Rye"

11. "Leave Me Alone"

12. "The Blues"

13. "Closing In On You"

14. "There Was A Time"

Ive already said this in another topic coz i didnt think it was worth startin a new topic over but seein as JL900 has done just that I'll say it again! ;)

Is everyone expectin it to be the songs from 02, or a mix of some of those songs (madagascar, chi-dem, blues etc) with some post 02 songs that we've not heard? Obviously everyone here would still buy it, but if it were 02 songs, would you be gutted or just glad CD is out?

Just a thought, after waitin all this time, would be a bit shit if we had heard half the album 3 years before if came out..... Just a thought.

Grimo.

Ive already said this in another topic coz i didnt think it was worth startin a new topic over but seein as JL900 has done just that I'll say it again! ;)

Is everyone expectin it to be the songs from 02, or a mix of some of those songs (madagascar, chi-dem, blues etc) with some post 02 songs that we've not heard? Obviously everyone here would still buy it, but if it were 02 songs, would you be gutted or just glad CD is out?

Just a thought, after waitin all this time, would be a bit shit if we had heard half the album 3 years before if came out..... Just a thought.

Grimo.

Well there might be a follow up with some new tunes.....And this is only a rumor..

But I think to hear the old new songs on CD would be great. So you got something you allready know.....

sounds like a good tracklist. But isn't it Prostitute and not Substitute :book:

well when touring axl did say that some of the songs wont be on the album but what i think is more accurate is that that track list is bull, i mean i think they are seriously trying too hard they've used all these creative names. and the fact that number 11 is called "leave me alone" sorta seems to be taking the piss out of axl or a very poor interprentation of what axl would call a song

Edited by steveysham

what about Oh My God??? you dont think that song will be on Chinese Democracy???? and there is some intro I think....

and I also think Silkworms will be on the album and Rihad and the bendouins.

I'd be more than pleased if these shit-assed songs won't be on CD. They'd drag down that album a lot.

ides of march? would axl be doing a maiden cover? i dont think this is genuine as a similar few have been posted before.

In an interview i've got with axl he goes into a bit of a rant about iron maiden, i'm not sure if he likes them, i don't, so lets hope it's a new song if that tracklist has any truth to it...

I consider the songs from the tour as "old songs" and we've all listened to the bootlegs a hundred times, but to be honest, so many people have never heard these songs. They will be new to them. Plus hearing clean studio versions of these tracks would be a treat anyway. So no, I wouldn't be disappointed if some of the songs appeared on the album.

only 14 songs? 1 CD? :monkey:

I'd like to have Madagascar, The Blues and IRS on CD.

Remember Spoon he spoke about making a few albums. That may just be the first.

You never know, he may just give it out in a bomb, i.e. 4CD set, something like that.

Then you'd have to eat 4 hats :P 1 for every CD :P

It won't be a double CD. The record company wouldn't go for it. Best case might be a single disc Chi-Dem release and then a second release of Chi-Dem with a bonus disc, maybe as a touring souvenir.

Why not?

Because Axl and Guns and Roses don't have the credibility or popularity to justify it. If it's a single CD people are MUCH more likely to impulse buy it out of curiosity or to reminisce. A double CD is not going to benefit as much from those people. The hardcore fans would buy it regardless but the incidental fans would be less likely.