GNR is avenged sevenfolds biggest influence

rylz

i just saw this on blabbermouth and thought it was pretty cool cause they are definitely one of the best bands around right now

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=46370

MTV: Is it safe to call GUNS N' ROSES your biggest influence?

Shadows: GUNS N' ROSES is my favorite band of all time. It's funny 'cause we just did a thing for the [Los Angeles Times] and the guy's like, "People compare 'em to GUNS N' ROSES and Shadows walked out with a GN'R shirt," and he thought that was weird that I would, but the thing is, I'm not ashamed of the bands I love. I love that band. You can compare us all you want — they're a huge reason why I'm even in a band and even write music. My dad gave me "Appetite for Destruction" when it first came out; he saw [GUNS N' ROSES] on "Headbanger's Ball", and they're a huge inspiration. METALLICA and MEGADETH and GN'R, those are bands that I'll never deny loving ... those are bands that kind of made me and made this band kind of what it is. We don't try to be like, "Oh we're becoming a big band, so we're gonna pretend like we don't have any influences."

Yeah I read this in some magazine a while ago. That's pretty cool..I've only listened to Bat Country but Avenged Sevenfold seems like a pretty sick band. That part in Bat Country where the music gets a little slower reminds me of the slower part in It's So Easy.

I was listening to the radio today and the DJ was talking about them and he said something like "They're living the sex drugs rocknroll lifestyle" and that reminded me of Guns haha.

Yeah I read this in some magazine a while ago. That's pretty cool..I've only listened to Bat Country but Avenged Sevenfold seems like a pretty sick band. That part in Bat Country where the music gets a little slower reminds me of the slower part in It's So Easy.

I was listening to the radio today and the DJ was talking about them and he said something like "They're living the sex drugs rocknroll lifestyle" and that reminded me of Guns haha.

Yeah it was a pretty good read.

dm21

well if u guys listen to them and hear the m. shadows scream...it bc he loves gnr and wanted to do an axl scream.. cant hold it as long but he has a deeper voice..lol but the double bass in A7x is crazy but yes u can tell that gnr had an influence lyrical.. swet child..will miss. u.. hmm?..ya..sooo ya almost every song has some connection.. i noticed...and the guitarist r fuckin sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slash and izzy...hmmmm just a lil something to think about

Yeah, Avenged Sevenfold is probably the only good band that's come out in recent memory. And considering they're my favorite "new" band, it only makes it that much sweeter that their main influence is my favorite band of all time. Fuckin'...I love the video for Bat Country. The chicks with the snake tongues. I'd like to see what those tongues can do. Plus just their image: fast cars, hot chicks, sunglasses and LOTS of tattoos. It's finally some real fuckin' rock n' roll, and I appreciate that. Me and my band all have been looking for some sort of newer band that sort of had the same direction as us, and Avenged Sevenfold is as close as it's ever gotten. Yeah, they sort of combine rock w/ metal and somehow they did it as close to perfect as anyone's ever done

Yeah, Avenged Sevenfold is probably the only good band that's come out in recent memory. And considering they're my favorite "new" band, it only makes it that much sweeter that their main influence is my favorite band of all time. Fuckin'...I love the video for Bat Country. The chicks with the snake tongues. I'd like to see what those tongues can do. Plus just their image: fast cars, hot chicks, sunglasses and LOTS of tattoos. It's finally some real fuckin' rock n' roll, and I appreciate that. Me and my band all have been looking for some sort of newer band that sort of had the same direction as us, and Avenged Sevenfold is as close as it's ever gotten. Yeah, they sort of combine rock w/ metal and somehow they did it as close to perfect as anyone's ever done

Yeah that video is hot...although the tongues look a little strange :P

Too bad Avenged Sevenfold suck.

Meh.

I think they fuckin' rock hard. Definitely one of the best bands out there. You people should download "Second Heartbeat" (Killer outro) and "Warmness on the Soul" (Very NR-ish).

Check them out.

Wow...this is cool. After hearign Bat Country a couple times I remember thinking a)it's a great song and this band has alot of potential and B) This has a big GNR feel and influence to it...if this song is big and being requested by alot of different radio stations, I'm sure the new GNR cd will be popular.

This thread just made me want to check out their other stuff even more...