Roth and Van Halen reuniting?

Zeppelin

Thats probably the most logical statement DLR has made in years, concerning Van Halen. But he makes the statement right before he replaces Howard Stern on the radio, so go figure.

Who knows what will happen, but I know one thing, its all up to Eddie. He is running the whole thing, and not doing a very good job in my opinion. Van Halen will make the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in a couple of years (I hope), then we will see some things happening!

Edited by JONEZY

20 years too late, no one cares anymore :sleeper:

Yeah, 20 years later and where are we? We have bands who don't even give meaning to their guitars, where they have screaming fans wearing mascara and slitting their wrists. Music is absolute nonsense today, and it would be a great thing for any classic bands to reunite. Maybe you don't care, but I bet these old rockers could put out an album after 20 years that would still make any band sound like complete trash more than they already do.

Sorry, I know people care more about this than a lot of music these days because the modern music scene is a disgrace.

Yeah, 20 years later and where are we? We have bands who don't even give meaning to their guitars, where they have screaming fans wearing mascara and slitting their wrists. Music is absolute nonsense today, and it would be a great thing for any classic bands to reunite. Maybe you don't care, but I bet these old rockers could put out an album after 20 years that would still make any band sound like complete trash more than they already do.

Sorry, I know people care more about this than a lot of music these days because the modern music scene is a disgrace.

:rolleyes: No i'd rather to listern to the new music scene, sure the mainstream sucks, but it always has.

Theres plenty of great music out there, stop being a snob.

:rolleyes: No i'd rather to listern to the new music scene, sure the mainstream sucks, but it always has.

Theres plenty of great music out there, stop being a snob.

Yeah, I'm definitely a snob. There's more demand for any old bands to reunite than other silly bands to put out another 6-month effort for cash. In an age where tedious beats and people who can't write lyrics get recognized for their brilliant efforts is sickening. Like the new music scene all you want, I don't care. And I know there is plenty of music out there, but is any of it really unique anymore? In each decade up until now, there has been at least one musical name that everyone could recognize as a breakthrough artist, and not just someone who has won a lot of grammies. Where is that artist now? 50 Cent? Green Day? Give me a break. Artists who use the piano to whine instead of jam on it and create a buzz. Artists use the guitar to rip people's heads off instead of putting emotion into it. Debate and call me a snob all you want, but bands long ago actually made music to feel good and to express themselves. Not give in to the attitudes of the crowds and majority. How many artists today complain about politics? Way too many, even though they have no clue as to what they are talking about. I know, not all artists are just whiners. Some do actually try and what happens to them? They're left on the shelf because they don't try to grab the audience with current trends and it's a damn shame. Any artist who doesn't whine about their pathetic life or talk about the loads of money they make, who can actually put out decent music is no longer around.

Take a look at punk music today. It used to be about rebellion, just like a lot of other genres, and what is it now? Whiny teens who don't like being grounded or having their allowance taken away. Rap is the exact same, except they whine that the millions they make isn't enough to stuff in their pants. Music isn't music today. It's shifted from little money to huge money. Who are the snobs now? New artists who can't deal with making real music. Listen to what you want, but you'll get bored eventually. And if you're trying to tell me that looking for plenty of music out there means I have to find Finnish underground bands, then make a better argument.

whatfuckingever, even if VH is due for a comeback (it isn't), David Lee Roth CANNOT sing anymore, and HE is not the one to front Van Halen.

Firstly Eddie will need to straghten out before he even thinks about a new frontman.

And if he does that, he needs a new, young frontman.

Hey I always wondered but never looked it up, what happened with Eddie and Sammy that Sammy stopped singing for Van Halen? I know the whole Roth story but have never known the Sammy

They just didnt get on with each other anymore.

this was on Blabbermouth today

New York Post is reporting that a source close to VAN HALEN says former singer David Lee Roth is deluding himself about replacing Sammy Hagar. "He might have talked to Alex [Van Halen, drums], but it's going to be a cold day in hell before he ever rejoins the band," an insider tells The New York Post. "I think he basically called Alex blind and asked about it. I just think that they are trying to trump up as much publicity for this [Roth's radio] show as possible."

whatfuckingever, even if VH is due for a comeback (it isn't), David Lee Roth CANNOT sing anymore, and HE is not the one to front Van Halen.

Firstly Eddie will need to straghten out before he even thinks about a new frontman.

And if he does that, he needs a new, young frontman.

true I saw them on this last tour, Sammy sang his ass off and Alex and Mike played amazing, but Eddie was a trainwreck, he was so wasted...