dimebag's flood solo

you know what i'm talking about, right? well, i'm learning it now and i gotta admit, it's a bitch. some of those squeals are almost impossible. especially if your tuned down one and a half steps, like most tabs say to do. anyway, does anyone know if dime uses a seven string for that song? because being tuned down that far is NOT practical for the solo, there's almost no way you could ever play it! i can play it quite well in standard tuning (well, the first part only so far) but can anyone play this, or have a video of him playing it, or know if he uses a 7 string?

Edited by quadlaser

I'd suggest increasing your string gauge if you want to detune that much. A thicker gauge will add more string tension once in tune. That will make it easier to pinch those harmonics. Also, check your EQ and distortion settings. A few simple tweaks will bring out harmonics that you never even knew existed! rock1

I'd suggest increasing your string gauge if you want to detune that much. A thicker gauge will add more string tension once in tune. That will make it easier to pinch those harmonics. Also, check your EQ and distortion settings. A few simple tweaks will bring out harmonics that you never even knew existed! rock1

good call with the string gauges! never even thought of that.

Yeah, that's something that many people overlook. I did at first too. I usually play tuned to a B, and there's no way in hell I would be able to get it to that with a regular set of 10's.

I agree, plus heavier guages sound way better as well (more tone, more volume)

I use .11 guage, it's pretty hard to do huge bends in standard tuning though, i like to tune down half and step anyway, adds to a more slightly beefer tone.

• 2 weeks later...
johnezz you sound wise beyond your years, like some kind an srv spirit transfer. how old are you, btw where the hells the johnezz-o-caster

Wise??? ahahah fuck no, im just an arrogent bastard who thinks they know everything, hey atleast i can admit it :P

I'm 18.

And yeah my guitar is on hold, like ive said many times before, i am working a fuckload (7 days a week over 80 hours) and have no time to finish it. But you will see it! but soon isn't the word :D

Edited by johnezz