Woo Hoo

I took lessons for a few years. I can't really recommend any sites.. just search around you'll find something useful. What I can recommend is learn a lot of songs, and play those songs along with the CD. You'll improve on your timing, and it's real fun too! Start out with the basics; don't try soloing untill you can play decent rythm. IMO you should always be good at rythm before you try to solo..

Start out with the basics; don't try soloing untill you can play decent rythm. IMO you should always be good at rythm before you try to solo..

Exactly!!

Everyone wants to be Eddie Van Halen straight out and start soloing, but your right, if you build up to being a good rythym guitarist then its much much easier to progress to being lead. What many people forget is that Eddie was an excellent rythym guitarist too :P

• 2 weeks later...

You should get Guitar for Dummies. They teach you most of the chord families rather than just seperate chords. It even comes with a CD to play along with (dumbass library lost it). I mean, the book is just awesome. Everything you need to know to start playing.

Peace.

You should get Guitar for Dummies. They teach you most of the chord families rather than just seperate chords. It even comes with a CD to play along with (dumbass library lost it). I mean, the book is just awesome. Everything you need to know to start playing.

Peace.

cool, ill have to check that out, thanks dude B)