The Clash

Yamisonic

I love them. London's calling or police and thieves or death is a star are all great.

PP

police & theives is a cover

the clash are very overated- how anyone can describe that as punk beats me

I think that depends on what album you listen to, Lawrence. Surely the first album encapsulates the spirit of punk rock through and through. They just had more rock n roll sensibilities than say, the pistols. Also, they never actually described themselves as being a PR band. None of the true great bands from that genre did, bands like the clash, the pistols, the buzzcocks and the ramones were all special in their own seperate ways and the only thing they had in common with each other was the raw energy each band had. I find a band like The Clash much more punk rock than the PR clones that came afterwards eg: The Exploited and other postcard punks that conformed to a punk uniform which was excactly the opposite of what the movement set out to do in the first place.

The Clash weren't very good at all, i find most of their songs really weak just like 99% of all other punk music...

Pah! and 'Coffee and Tv' is like, really inspiring. Dreary fucking song if ever there was one.

It has a lot of imagination, anyway i don't know why i'm bothering to reply, your a green day fan which says it all really...

The Clash weren't very good at all, i find most of their songs really weak just like 99% of all other punk music...

Pah! and 'Coffee and Tv' is like, really inspiring. Dreary fucking song if ever there was one.

It has a lot of imagination, anyway i don't know why i'm bothering to reply, your a green day fan which says it all really...

Tee hee, quite the wag aren't we? yeh, London Calling, Rock The Casbah, White Riot, Should I Stay Or Should I Go, they don't compare to park bloody life and CUNTry house, do they now?! :lol:

Tee hee, quite the wag aren't we? yeh, London Calling, Rock The Casbah, White Riot, Should I Stay Or Should I Go, they don't compare to park bloody life and CUNTry house, do they now?! :lol:

What about there's no other way, for tomorrow, end of a century, to the end, this is a low, the universal, stereotypes, charmless man, beetlebum, song 2, tender, coffee & tv and out of time, there's one thing all them songs have, one word, originality, the trash knocked the same old shit out for years just like green day do now, anyway i'm not saying you shouldn't like the trash, i'm just saying i don't, so case closed...

Edited by Keith Moon

What about there's no other way, for tomorrow, end of a century, to the end, this is a low, the universal, stereotypes, charmless man, beetlebum, song 2, tender, coffee & tv and out of time, there's one thing all them songs have, one word, originality, the clash knocked the same old shit out for years just like green day do now, anyway i'm not saying you shouldn't like the clash, i'm just saying i don't, so case closed...

Nah, you know jack. The clash's 1st album is a world away from say 'Combat Rock', you're just assuming every album was full of 2 minute 3 chord punk songs but then, you're probably an indie kid or summat so...

What about there's no other way, for tomorrow, end of a century, to the end, this is a low, the universal, stereotypes, charmless man, beetlebum, song 2, tender, coffee & tv and out of time, there's one thing all them songs have, one word, originality, the clash knocked the same old shit out for years just like green day do now, anyway i'm not saying you shouldn't like the clash, i'm just saying i don't, so case closed...

Nah, you know jack. The clash's 1st album is a world away from say 'Combat Rock', you're just assuming every album was full of 2 minute 3 chord punk songs but then, you're probably an indie kid or summat so...

Who likes guns n roses, led zeppelin, deep purple, bad company & the stones, right ;)