Are you proud of Axl?

ralebava

definitely. a friend of mine burned a CD and she happened to put GN'R on there - the "salt of the earth" performance RS did with Guns. I've heard it and seen it a million times but I can't get over how much BETTER Axl's voice is than Mick Jagger's. Also, if you watch the performance, you'll see how much more groove and stage presence Axl has. Mick is supposed to be a rock GOD, but Axl blows him away - hands down. Even if you like the Stones better, you'd have to admit that... well I guess you don't have to, but I can't imagine anyone saying Mick does a better job.

I was listening to the Howard Stern interview with Axl and Sebastian Bach not too long ago and Axl's just so much fuckin cooler than Baz. Than anybody! Slash is awesome, don't get me wrong, but imo he goes out of his way to seem as laid back as possible and constantly throws in the same phrases like, "all things considered..." or "sort of". Baz was trying to steal the spotlight and get the attention back on himself & Howard kept saying, "put Axl back on..." or "what's Axl doing?"

Anyway, it's little things like that that make me proud of Axl. No one can touch his voice and he's not a fucking media whore. Pure talent. Doesn't need any other gimmicky shit.

I am proud of Axl for these reasons.

Firstly he wanted to be rock star as a kid and he followed his dreams despite the lack of support from his family and stuff and went through obstacles to make it, like smoking cigarettes for money and stuff and he lived on the streets, but instead of feeling sorry about himself, he made something of himself.

I am proud of him keeping the GnR name

Firstly he wanted to be rock star as a kid and he followed his dreams despite the lack of support from his family and stuff and went through obstacles to make it, like smoking cigarettes for money and stuff and he lived on the streets, but instead of feeling sorry about himself, he made something of himself.

Exactly. From nothin to everythin. And considerin what he had to get through to get there, im proud of him.

Grimo.

Guest swwet_child

Exactly. From nothin to everythin. And considerin what he had to get through to get there, im proud of him.

Grimo.

I agree. rock3

I can´t say I´m proud of him or not because I don´t know him, but there are a lot of things I admire. As it´s been said above, he got from nothing to everything, he fought to get what he wanted. Also, although I don´t know him, it seems to me that he´s a person who remains loyal to himself no matter what others can say or think.That fuck you attitude, you take it or leave it...maybe in some occasions he was not an exemple to follow but he remained true to himself. Needless to say how good he is as an artist.

I can´t say I´m proud of him or not because I don´t know him, but there are a lot of things I admire. As it´s been said above, he got from nothing to everything, he fought to get what he wanted. Also, although I don´t know him, it seems to me that he´s a person who remains loyal to himself no matter what others can say or think.That fuck you attitude, you take it or leave it...maybe in some occasions he was not an exemple to follow but he remained true to himself. Needless to say how good he is as an artist.

yeah I don't think proud is really the right word, Admire yes, and what I wrote above is what I admire about Axl, and also what you said how he is true to himself and how he is a brilliant artist. :)

and also he is real, there is no fakeness in Axl, what you see is who he is and I like that, doesn't put an act on for anyone.

No reasons not to be.

1.greatest singer ever

2.best fashion taste in rock music ,was and still is

3.greatest frontman ever

4.greatest song writter ever

5.man with a vision

and list go on,on,on and on..

nah, point 1, 3 and 4 not..the others are arguable.

Yeah i'm proud of him! he is a man who doesn't give a fuck about anything and after all these years it still is amazing. he done what he wanted and for having the guts to do that im proud also.

Someone who is actually "proud of" someone he doesn't know is stupid and should do something better in his life.

I am proud of my girlfriend for graduating, proud of my mother raising two children with hardly any money. But come on, being proud of a guy I don't know?

Edited by Maestro

Someone who is actually "proud of" someone he doesn't know is stupid and should do something better in his life.

I am proud of my girlfriend for graduating, proud of my mother raising two children with hardly any money. But come on, being proud of a guy I don't know?

you took the words out of my mouth man,,, i second that.

this topic is just stupid.

Stupid question. This is a GNR forum...

One thing is to be a fan, other thing is to be proud... so this is not a stupid question, your answer was stupid i think....

Let's keep things nice guys!!

No, I'm not proud of a guy I don't know.

If Axl releases the Chinese Democracy he could proud of himself.

mr.Q

Why are you proud of that? Nothing to be proud about. That is the easiest way to get big coverage and big sales IF he ever releases something. If he'd try something new, under a new name, now that would be courage, now you could be proud.

He turned that name into something that made the whole world laugh at the american music awards 2002. I'm not proud, I'm more ashamed!