I think CD will be out in July 2007

the_estranged1

July 2007 would work nicely for me. Actually spring 2007 would be better but July is good too.

But I think its just as likely to come out this year, or 2008 or whenever really. I doubt Axl would be delaying it just so it comes out exactly 20 years after AFD.

Why because that'll be 20 yrs since AFD was released & Axl knocked the world on their ass with that album...Perhaps he wants to to it 20yrs after the original to do it again

that's stupid...just like the fact that he doesn't want to perform in places starting with the letter M...sorry...

Edited by cold_as_ice

The interesting parts of the interview:

Host: I was in Las Vegas 4 years ago. My buddy Tommy Stinson plays bass for GNR.

Slash: I know Tommy! [...]

Host: I thought it was really good. I mean it wasn’t Guns, but getting Robin Finck, Buckethead, Tommy and Brain on drums, I mean, he went out and got like the All-Star lineup.

Slash: It was a good lineup, I was familiar everytime in the band. The only guy I didn’t really know is Buckethead [...] Axl has a record coming out, I think in March, which is cool, because it will be interesting to hear, after all this time.

Host: So wait, Chinese Democracy is coming out?

Slash: Yeah, it’s coming out in March!

source chinesedemocracy.com also on newgnr homepage

That's pretty fucked Slash coming out with a release date like he knows. I mean in terms of GNR history that almost like a reunion. I know it's just Slash being to laid back. He probably just had a vodka and cranbeery too many.

We dont know shit and wont for a really really long time!

These kind of threads do my head in. Why not release it after 19 years, ie. this summer, coz ppl might be expectin an anniversary edition, so to keep them on their toes, release it a year earlier?!?! <_<

All these theories are pointless.

Grimo.

AFD being re-recorded would rule. I love Robin's 'Nightrain' scream.

Nightrain scream maybe mate, but i don't love robin's guitar playing, he was poor when i see them at leeds in 2002, a bit better in london but i don't think he's up to it...

AFD being re-recorded would rule. I love Robin's 'Nightrain' scream.

Nightrain scream maybe mate, but i don't love robin's guitar playing, he was poor when i see them at leeds in 2002, a bit better in london but i don't think he's up to it...

Might just be me, but I think he's one of the best guitarists around ATM. He's not going to be the next big thing, but I'd rather have him than someone else...

It could go one of two ways.

If he does release it 20 years after then it would be like a statement saying "this is the new AFD".

Or, more likely...

He'll just release the album and let it stand on its own feet to avoid comparisions (where possible).

Axl said he wanted to bury AFD, so I really don't see him trying to tie CD's release in with an kind of AFD's anniversary.

I don't think so becouse of one simple thing.

I don¨t think Axl will encure the public to put the two versions of guns up agains each other. I don't think he would like it if they compared them more then they allready do. And a july 2007 release date would only fuel the fire for those who think what he is doing is blashpemy (SP?)

What can you expect from Axl anyway? Nothing.

Axl does things that are really unexpected. Excentric I would say.

I think it will come either late this year or in 2007 on the AFD anniversary, because of the mediabacking.

Axl, sly fox.