AC/DC CD's help

coolio GNR

Highway to Hell is the only choice, if he doesn't have it.

I concur, motion seconded. :rolleyes:

Thirded.

Aside from Back In Black, if he's a relatively new fan, then Highway To Hell is easily the best choice to make.

EDIT: You couldn't give a better present btw... ;)

Edited by highvoltageacdc

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or High Voltage

Indeed.

No way! Both those albums are a little underdone and have a couple of 'filler' tracks. Highway To Hell (aside from Love Hungry Man) is pretty much a flawless album and it represents a real change in the band's commercial appeal.

It's such a tidy little package, whereas the other two (whilst still being great albums, no doubt) just don't quite 'cut the mustard' in comparison. Highway to Hell went down as a truly legendary album, whereas DDDDC and High Voltage are regarded as 'solid'.

Go for Highway to hell to start off with, it's probably better as an introduction. Also give him this list

1. Highway to Hell

2. Back in Black

3. Powerage

4. Let there be Rock

5. The Razors Edge

6. High Voltage

7. For Those about to Rock

8. Ballbreaker

9. Flick of the Switch

10. Stiff Upper Lip

11. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

12. Blow up your video

13. Who Made Who

14. Fly on the Wall

Also the Live albums but whatever.

highvoltage, remember the rest of the world's versions of high voltage isn't the version you have, our version is pretty much tnt plus a couple of songs. wasn't sure if you took this into account, because our version is all killer, no filler.

While we're on the subject of AC/DC has anyone heard of the new 2006 album?

It was called 'Get Back To The Rock' I think, they had a page for it on Wikipedia with track listings and everything but now on the AC/DC page on Wikipedia it says its called 'Strap It On' and theres no info for it.

It was called 'Get Back To The Rock' I think, they had a page for it on Wikipedia with track listings and everything but now on the AC/DC page on Wikipedia it says its called 'Strap It On' and theres no info for it.

a lot of names have been rumoured, i dont think anythings been confirmed

Get them an ironing board cover to show that you don't always get what you want.

Oft I think of life as being a tad unfair my rather cold hearted friend. :)

However....the suprise is supposed to be the best bit. And imagine how they will feel when seeing a large bulky present, carted in a little wheel barrow.

Better than socks nethertheless.

Get them an ironing board cover to show that you don't always get what you want.

However....the suprise is supposed to be the best bit. And imagine how they will feel when seeing a large bulky present, carted in a little wheel barrow.

I'll have to be cliche and repeat what most of the others said - Highway To Hell. Aside from being one of the rock & roll albums, it's also great for someone who has just gotten into AC/DC - it's one of those albums that immediately get your attention and you can listen to from start to finish, skipping no tracks.

EDIT: You couldn't give a better present btw... ;)

Yeah, why didn't someone get me that when I was younger? <_< (I only ever got CDs from distant relatives who don't know me, so it was stuff like "Grammy Nominees" for me :vomit: )

highvoltage, remember the rest of the world's versions of high voltage isn't the version you have, our version is pretty much tnt plus a couple of songs. wasn't sure if you took this into account, because our version is all killer, no filler.

No mate, well aware of it - the worldwide release of High Voltage was released here as a remaster package as well, don't forget. ;)

When you compare songs like Little Lover, She's Got Balls, Can I Sit Next To You Girl and Rock N' Roll singer to songs like Touch Too Much, If You Want Blood and Night Prowler -- then you can see why I called them 'filler' when compared with Highway To Hell.

High Voltage has good (and some great) songs, making it a solid album. Don't get me wrong, I love it (see name)...

It's just that Highway To Hell is so much better. ;)

Strap It On was a silly rumour started by a poster on an AC/DC forum (not unlike mygnr). This guy invented a huge story woven with bullcrap, posting fake lyrics, tracklists and of course, the album's title.

Blabbermouth got a hold of the 'story' (without a real source), reported it, and then it spread over the internet.

The poster later confirmed that he faked the whole thing, but by then, it had spread too far. So um - the title isn't "Strap It On" - they don't have a title yet.