Slash Feels Sorry For Axl Rose

Slash n' Burn

Ok so reading through q mag here in the uk i notice an interview with The Strokes and drummer moretti talks about how he recently met Slash in a bar and slash was talking about Axl, saying how he felt sorry for him and wished him all the luck in the world cuz hes been through a hard time...he talks about much sympathy he still has for axl beacuse when you respect other people you can learn to respect yourself.

It seems that Slash is still fond of Axl and with the recent radio interview it would seem that Slash still has strong emotional feelings for his old band mates.

I just wonder if Axl feels the same.

Edited by Slash n' Burn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its called 'Someday' it seems The Strokes seem to See the old school rockers as people to look up to and for advice because The strokes seem to get along perfectly with each other...i bet slash was telling him how his realtionship with axl could have stayed in tact if they respected each other a bit more.

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't slash appear in one of the strokes videos

Yeah, I remember seeing him in one, no idea what song it is though.

it is off there first album wich i happen to have' but i cant remember wich song it is' in the video i think they're on a game show

I love it when people mention small things that happen to do with their favourite bands. My friend showed me this book which said that the woman in it turned up the volume on WTTJ with axl wailing because she was trying to ignore the phone. my friend said she thought of me when she read it, and also it's a new book so its good to know that people still recognize (sp?) him.

PP

Slash n' burn; what magazine was it? :)

Yeah its called 'Someday' it seems The Strokes seem to See the old school rockers as people to look up to and for advice because The strokes seem to get along perfectly with each other...i bet slash was telling him how his realtionship with axl could have stayed in tact if they respected each other a bit more.

you are correct the song is called someday, i like the song & the album is pretty good'they seemed to lose there way after that album though,

awaits reunion talk :)

Edited by lawrence

I doubt Axl has any real acrinomy towards Slash these days. Obviously there were issues at the time and things were said.

But people move on in life and Slash is obviously mature enough to see things as a whole, i.e the Guns experience and his knowing Axl was a massive positive in his life. He probably does have an affection for Axl and behind all the bullshit I bet its reciprocated.

you people fail to see that cold as ice axl is the problem here, let it fuckin go man it's been 10 years, get over it ! at least talk to the guys from time to time.

axl's got all the talent in the world why does he have to be a nut?, it frustrates me.

Oh yes, $la$h feels some kind of nostalgia or appreciation towards Axl...and the best way to show it is filling lawsuits against him :rolleyes:

I think axl has more against slash than the other way around. And those lawsuits are perfectly justified (why shouldn't he recieve the money he worked for), not personal attacks.

Oh yes, $la$h feels some kind of nostalgia or appreciation towards Axl...and the best way to show it is filling lawsuits against him :rolleyes:

I was waiting for an axlite to twist even good statements from Slash about Axl into something negative. Thanks for being predictable.

Axl's appreciation towards the ex band mates is trying to fuck them out of royalties or forcing to sign over the band names and dissing them live in concert. :heart:

As hard as it may be for you to accept, there is no Axl/Slash drama. Its over with, so some of you knuckleheads need to get the clue and stop fanning flames that died out years ago.

Slash is over it. Axl probably is too. Axl is more of a pessimist and thus may still harbor acrimony towards Slash. Slash has forgiven and forgotten. If Axl wants to screw Slash and Co. out of royalties, clearly Slash is not going to bend over and take one for the team. If you think that Slash should, then you probably need to crawl out of Axl's ass and see reality.

I think Slash should feel sorry for Slash, for being frozen in time!

It must really piss you off that Slash keeps saying nice things about Axl which makes it difficult for you to further your anti-slash propaganda on this forum right? The fact that your hero Axl never has anything nice to say about the old members makes him look like a giant a-hole. Sad but true.

I was waiting for an axlite to twist even good statements from Slash about Axl into something negative. Thanks for being predictable.

Axl's appreciation towards the ex band mates is trying to fuck them out of royalties or forcing to sign over the band names and dissing them live in concert. :heart:

As hard as it may be for you to accept, there is no Axl/Slash drama. Its over with, so some of you knuckleheads need to get the clue and stop fanning flames that died out years ago.

Slash is over it. Axl probably is too. Axl is more of a pessimist and thus may still harbor acrimony towards Slash. Slash has forgiven and forgotten. If Axl wants to screw Slash and Co. out of royalties, clearly Slash is not going to bend over and take one for the team. If you think that Slash should, then you probably need to crawl out of Axl's ass and see reality.

It must really piss you off that Slash keeps saying nice things about Axl which makes it difficult for you to further your anti-slash propaganda on this forum right? The fact that your hero Axl never has anything nice to say about the old members makes him look like a giant a-hole. Sad but true.

great post SylvesterStallone!

Axl says what he thinks about $la$h and at least he´s sincere and he doesn´t behave like a hypocrite trying to sound cool like $la$h does. He says nice things about Axl just to sound cool,that´s part of his theatre.

come on.

slash changes his tune regarding Axl to fit HIS story/interview for that particular time/interview

it's slash's way of PRing himself.

and maybe slash is sincere.....at times....he only knows...not us.

but by his track record, i'd say he's just playing the PR game.

do you ever get tired for looking for things that arn't there?

come on.

slash changes his tune regarding Axl to fit HIS story/interview for that particular time/interview

it's slash's way of PRing himself.

and maybe slash is sincere.....at times....he only knows...not us.

but by his track record, i'd say he's just playing the PR game.

Ok...if that's the case, why would he be defending Axl Rose (an unpopular at best figure in the rock world) to a fellow musician? Wouldn't it be more logical for him to bitch out Axl to this drummer and then say positive stuff about Axl to an interviewer? If he really is running a PR game that is...you mean to tell me he's carefully orchestrated what he's going to say about Axl at a bar over a few drinks with the drummer of the strokes? I'm not being condescending here but don't you think that sounds a bit like a storyline from the twilight zone or the x-files? It really is not a conspiracy here. The guy just doesn't give a fuck anymore about the drama behind guns n roses, to him it's all water under the bridge. It's been 10 years.

Like Aussie Axl said, perhaps you should stop looking for things that aren't there. The truth isn't a complicated thing, its staring u right in the face. You said it yourself. "Maybe Slash is sincere"....yes maybe he is. Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt?