What happens when you mix alchohol and shredding

Am I the only one who has noticed that there is always a "situation" whenever somebody posts some of their work?

It's always "I was drunk and decided to record this", or "I just walked in the room, plugged in the mic and guitar then recorded Patience spontaneously", or "I fell over right next to a plugged in guitar, mic and PC with music recording software and accidentally recorded the intro to Paradise City".

If you are insecure about it, don't post it. If you want some feedback, just post it and ask for feedback. If you want some easy props from people (yes, I said "props") by making up some story as to why you were handicapped, you get nothing.

Enuff jibba jabba, foo!

Very boring guitarplaying. :sleeper: I can't think of anything good to say about it.

ouch! anyways, 1:i was drunk 2: haven't heard you yet

What has his guitarplaying got to do with his opinion on your guitarplaying?

Yeah, can a journalist who's giving a movie, album, book, or whatever you like, a bad review do it better himself?? NO!!!

Well, in this case, yes. I am as a matter of fact a very good guitarist. :) My advice to you, Axlisold, is that you should really stop trying to play as fast as possible. It will do you good. ;)

I didnt mean to try and come off as a dick there. I do however feel like movie/or music reviewers actually are some what hypocritical. But anyway, yes, I have been told I play with little feeling (after all, I was drunk) but I just find it funner to play faster. I do however appreciate the feedback. ;)

Just to clairfy - I thought your playing was pretty good technically. Not my cup of tea, but technically good.

I just had a problem with the "drunk" part. Either you're some sort of superhuman guitarist whose guitar playing ability isn't affected by alcohol or you need a lesson on what drunk is. I'm leaning toward the latter.

If your friends are coma'd and you're still able to pick up and guitar, set it up on your PC and record some decent shredding then you're either suffering from a condition known as "gay" or you are sober. People often mistake the last man standing as being the one who can handle the most alcohol. FALSE! Last man standing is the man who didn't party hard enough. Last man standing just wants his mates to pass out so he can touch their pee pees.

I personally think you sat down on an ordinary day/night and recorded it. And you produced something decent. I just don't buy the drunk part. I have respect for your ability though.

Just to clairfy - I thought your playing was pretty good technically. Not my cup of tea, but technically good.

I just had a problem with the "drunk" part. Either you're some sort of superhuman guitarist whose guitar playing ability isn't affected by alcohol or you need a lesson on what drunk is. I'm leaning toward the latter.

If your friends are coma'd and you're still able to pick up and guitar, set it up on your PC and record some decent shredding then you're either suffering from a condition known as "gay" or you are sober. People often mistake the last man standing as being the one who can handle the most alcohol. FALSE! Last man standing is the man who didn't party hard enough. Last man standing just wants his mates to pass out so he can touch their pee pees.

I personally think you sat down on an ordinary day/night and recorded it. And you produced something decent. I just don't buy the drunk part. I have respect for your ability though.

you're a dick! :fuckyou:

it's shit like this that keeps people from posting their shit. it's obviously just jamming and improv.

you're a dick! :fuckyou:

it's shit like this that keeps people from posting their shit. it's obviously just jamming and improv.

You care to elaborate on that further?

I don't see how I'm a dick or how I'm stopping others from posting. I said I respect his ability but just don't buy his background story.

ok so let's get this straight -

you believe you called a guy's bluff with no proof or way of ever finding out for sure

and you believe he sat down and worked hard on recording this very short jam.

that's insulting as hell! if i just cranked out some quick improv and posted it i certainly wouldn't like to hear someone say, "even though i don't know you, i don't think you're good enough to play that off the top of your head".

ok so let's get this straight -

you believe you called a guy's bluff with no proof or way of ever finding out for sure

and you believe he sat down and worked hard on recording this very short jam.

that's insulting as hell! if i just cranked out some quick improv and posted it i certainly wouldn't like to hear someone say, "even though i don't know you, i don't think you're good enough to play that off the top of your head".

Dude, are we talking about the same post here?

I never said that I don't think he could improv that off the top of his head. It clearly sounds improvised. I said that I don't think he did it while he was ripped and I stand by that.

If your problem is with my not believing that he was drunk, I just don't. It's that simple. You're taking things far too seriously.

:rofl-lol: that made me laugh :lol:

Ok, I will go with your definition of drunk. I was not "drunk" then I suppose I was heavily buzzed. All I know is, I was basically numb, and walking into my room to pick up the guitar was pretty fuckin hard, not to mention the shit I went through trying to get the line in to work. So if your definition of drunk is a completely blacked out, vomiting, room spinning, nightmare, then no, I suppose I was not drunk. My definition of drunk is when you can barely walk, and feel very little or nothing at all. Fucking trashed would be my consideration or your "drunk."

that's some pretty good shit dude

some people call it Eruption, by Van Halen.

well no shit! :fuckyou:

yes :rofl-lol:

thought you would appreciate that :D

:rofl-lol:

wow, its seems to be easy to make you laugh...

holy shit, youre a hell of an player by the way :D

Edited by Revolver