Axl said "music" not "CHIDEM"

Route66

If you read the interview from Rolling Stone you can see that Axl mentions we will hear new music this year.

This DOES NOT mean that CHIDEM will definitely be released this year... but it could mean we get a single or two. maybe the Da Vinci code thing will happen?

Axl said a while ago at London docklands that he wanted to release more than one album. I think he also said that the albums will be ready before they tour.

i dont think we should get our hopes up too much. We are easily excited these days when the great man himself speaks. "All we need is just a little patience"

I'm appealing for a bit of calm on the forum.. one interview and all hell breaks out :P

Edited by Route66

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to get my hopes up now.. even if i am a little more optimistic every year. I've seen so many "rumoured release dates" go by.. BUT they have never came from Axl's mouth. I dont think he would lie to us hence i think he's trying to tell us that some music may be released this year but that he doesnt think CHIDEM will be.. just a hunch i have.. but Axl never does interviews for the sake of it. he ONLY does them when he has information to convey.

i hope i'm wrong... i'd love to see it but i wont be getting over excited. I really want to hear some new music though. That would rock! rock3

"All we need is just a little patience"

To quote George Harrison; "Its gonna take money, a whole lot of spending money, its gonna take plenty of money, to do it right. Its gonna take time, a whole lot a precious time, its gonna take patience and time, TO DO IT RIGHT!!!!"

Slightly random and obscure reference but i hope you get the point, which is lets not count our chickens before theyve hatched. There are so many sayins that would fit this situation!

Grimo.

It probably is common sense to not get overly excited but come on man we have had so little news in the past. This is great hearing from the guy we are here to support. He has said we will hear music this year. That's what I'm talkin' about. As usual we will have to 'wait' and see.

Hasn't this been said in the main topic about it?

Not much need to start a new thread.

He said we'd hear some music, which is alot more than we've heard in the past 3 years (unless you count the IRS leak).

The man himself gave us information (maybe brief, but still information) on how the album is coming along.

He hinted at a possible festival appearance.

Now although, he never said anything about an actual release, he certainly implied the wheels are in motion, and may be picking up speed over the coming year.

Weve went 3 years without any news at all, within the first month of the 4th year, weve been given hope.

Im not expecting an album, but I am expecting something by time 2006 is out.

If you read the interview from Rolling Stone you can see that Axl mentions we will hear new music this year.

This DOES NOT mean that CHIDEM will definitely be released this year... but it could mean we get a single or two. maybe the Da Vinci code thing will happen?

Axl said a while ago at London docklands that he wanted to release more than one album. I think he also said that the albums will be ready before they tour.

i dont think we should get our hopes up too much. We are easily excited these days when the great man himself speaks. "All we need is just a little patience"

I'm appealing for a bit of calm on the forum.. one interview and all hell breaks out :P

I wouldn't have my hopes up even if he said ChiDem was coming out tommorrow. Why should we beleive him? He's said stuff like this so much, it's lost all meaning

I wouldn't have my hopes up even if he said ChiDem was coming out tommorrow. Why should we beleive him? He's said stuff like this so much, it's lost all meaning

If you watched his wording etc..He's never said for sure it was coming..Hell he still hasn't..This time he said new music,not the album...Like last times he said I hope,or you'll see it but not soon

"It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

plus, do you honestly think he'd announce ANYTHING about chinese democracy at a KORN party? as far as i know, he's in GN'R, so he'd have a press conference for anything uber important (not that this isn't, though)

that's my take on it, at least.

Maybe the album is not called 'Chinese Democracy' anymore?

i doubt it, that name is legendary.

I don't agree, nothing wrong with a little bit of gossip.

It's like getting drunk, you enjoy it when you're drinking and maybe the next morning you regret it, but at least you had some fun.

It is the same with the CD rumours, I enjoy reading them. i like to read the forum a lot more when there is something going on.

All right if in the end end nothing happens, you have an hangover, but at least you had some good times reading all that shit. The hangover won't be long though because new rumours will appear.

So, please keep posting all those rumours (with source off course), and if you don't like them..... don't read them.

THE CD IS COMING SOON!!!! ;)

mr.Q

The question he was asked was obviously about CD because the next line in the article is, "The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy." The person who wrote the article was the person who asked the question that garnered the "People will hear music this year" response. So they should know what the comment was in reference to.

bla bla bla what a fucking asshole!!!

he has been saying that for 5 years, werent he? its always the same with this bastard <_<

he promise the whole world will be shaken, and then your hear in the radios thousands of shitty songs ike silkworms, with only up to 2 nice song- this time madagascar & the blues.

why are you people thinkin about hope and stuff when every year he is letting you down over again. personally im sick of that shit. i didnt believe him back in 2001, and nothing changed since then.

Edited by Nir

The question he was asked was obviously about CD because the next line in the article is, "The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy." The person who wrote the article was the person who asked the question that garnered the "People will hear music this year" response. So they should know what the comment was in reference to.

When you read enough of these articles, you realize that things are not always written in the order that they happen or things are paraphrased to try and make the story more cohesive.

When you read enough of these articles, you realize that things are not always written in the order that they happen or things are paraphrased to try and make the story more cohesive.

Quotation marks means that these are the acutal words he said, not paraphrased. Or are you saying that RS is making stuff up?

ITS BETTER THAN FUCK ALL!

Wow, Damian finally made a good contribution for once :unsure:

Just kidding mate :P But you are right, it is better than hearing nothing.