Axl said "music" not "CHIDEM"

Route66

The question he was asked was obviously about CD because the next line in the article is, "The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy." The person who wrote the article was the person who asked the question that garnered the "People will hear music this year" response. So they should know what the comment was in reference to.

When you read enough of these articles, you realize that things are not always written in the order that they happen or things are paraphrased to try and make the story more cohesive.

Quotation marks means that these are the acutal words he said, not paraphrased. Or are you saying that RS is making stuff up?

Where did I say RS was making things up?

You put the sentence "The notoriously reclusive rocker..." in quotes. It does not appear in quotes in the article. No one SAID it. It's only the writer writing it to fit in with the article. HE is assuming Axl's comment " You will hear music this year" is in reference to the album . No one actually knows the sequence of the questions and the answers. Axl could have spoken about the songs on the album 10 min. after the comment "You will hear music..."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question he was asked was obviously about CD because the next line in the article is, "The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy." The person who wrote the article was the person who asked the question that garnered the "People will hear music this year" response. So they should know what the comment was in reference to.

Agreed, but you can't deny that in Axl's response there is a level of qualification. The words he uses are deliberately chosen, IMO, to be ambiguous. Axl could have said ..."yeah the record will be out by the end of the year".. but he purposefully chose words which suggest otherwise to me. Yes we will hopefully hear new music, but a release of Chidem?? Doubt it.

bla bla bla what a fucking asshole!!!

he has been saying that for 5 years, werent he? its always the same with this bastard <_<

he promise the whole world will be shaken, and then your hear in the radios thousands of shitty songs ike silkworms, with only up to 2 nice song- this time madagascar & the blues.

why are you people thinkin about hope and stuff when every year he is letting you down over again. personally im sick of that shit. i didnt believe him back in 2001, and nothing changed since then.

I can't believe someone would visit a Gnr FAN forum, make over 170 posts and come out with shit like this. Really.

ps. thanks Axl for putting me and thousands of others out of their misery by making a statement! Cheers fella

Edited by gavgnr

I don't know what to expect, if anything. I would think a single is more likely than the actual album. In response to the original post, by music, I'm sure he means CD, but then again, it's Axl so who knows. I just hope we get SOMETHING this year.

Well, aren't you a bunch of negative nancy's?

Well, no matter what Axl meant by "people will hear music this year" or whatever, it means we'll be listening to SOMETHING. Wether it be a single or a surprise appearance at a festival, it's alot better than what we've gotten lately. Besides, if it's a single... aren't albums usually followed soon after when a single is released?

Well, no matter what Axl meant by "people will hear music this year" or whatever, it means we'll be listening to SOMETHING. Wether it be a single or a surprise appearance at a festival, it's alot better than what we've gotten lately. Besides, if it's a single... aren't albums usually followed soon after when a single is released?

Unless the single is on a movie soundtrack.

I agree but mate seriously... 'Negative Nancies?' come on I know you can do better than that. :no:

Unless the single is on a movie soundtrack.

That's true. If a song is gonna be on a movie soundtrack, we'd just be back to square one.

I agree but mate seriously... 'Negative Nancies?' come on I know you can do better than that. :no:

lol, it was meant to sound corny. :(

Folks i didnt mean to sound sooo negative. in fact i was just trying to help some folks avoid being upset if CHIDEM doesnt arrive this year. It will arrive when ITS READY.

I for one am really hopeful that it comes out this year and i will back Axl all the way if it doesnt. He knows what he wants and i trust him.

However, i will not devote my life to waiting, expecting and needing CHIDEM. In fact quite the opposite. This way when it comes i can appreciate the album for what it is. I dot think Axl would not want the kind of mythic expectations this album now holds with fans. He will probably want to be judged on the music alone. Thats if he wants it judged and picked apart at all! i think he probably feels he needs to do this and will just do it.. confident that people will embrace it.

Lets enjoy it when it arrives people.. not criticise it when it comes. I mean 1 interview.. and all these threads... if we dont drive this guy to suicide it will be a miracle.. he is human.. all this expectation can be too much for one person especially when everything he does is scrutinised. For Axl, i can only imagine what this must feel like..

When you read enough of these articles, you realize that things are not always written in the order that they happen or things are paraphrased to try and make the story more cohesive.

Quotation marks means that these are the acutal words he said, not paraphrased. Or are you saying that RS is making stuff up?

You put the sentence "The notoriously reclusive rocker..." in quotes. It does not appear in quotes in the article. No one SAID it. It's only the writer writing it to fit in with the article. HE is assuming Axl's comment " You will hear music this year" is in reference to the album . No one actually knows the sequence of the questions and the answers. Axl could have spoken about the songs on the album 10 min. after the comment "You will hear music..."

I used quotation marks when I quoted something from the article. That is another use for quotation marks. In the article they also used quotation marks to show the actual comment that axl made. Have you ever taken an english class?

The person who wrote the article is the person who asked the questions and they would know what question prompted the "People will hear music this year" response.

Bottom line is that if this article was incorrect then we'd have heard something from merck. Axl was talking about CD.

Eddie Trunk's prediction is November/December. Axl obviously did not mean Chi Dem. He would have said it if he did. I believe the album is still many months away. I am sure we will "hear msuic" from GNR this year. But weather or not it is the album, still remains to be seen. I promise you ladies and gentlemen, our grief will not end soon...

I used quotation marks when I quoted something from the article. That is another use for quotation marks. In the article they also used quotation marks to show the actual comment that axl made. Have you ever taken an english class?

The person who wrote the article is the person who asked the questions and they would know what question prompted the "People will hear music this year" response.

Bottom line is that if this article was incorrect then we'd have heard something from merck. Axl was talking about CD.

Yes, I have taken english classes.

Have you taken journalism classes?

Axl was quoted in the article, however the writer does not quote himself. Do you know exactly what questions were asked? In what order?

Why would we hear anything from Merck? This is the most positive buzz GnR has had in months.

You made a solid arguement. However, since this is a situation of EXTREME urgency and importance to many many people, I do not think an interview of this nature, givin the circumstances surrounding the subject, could be made and put into print, without mentioning Chinese Democracy directly. The rederick just does not directly point to the album. You would think that the interview would be more suggestive of the album's release. I just don't see that. Either way, it will not be here anytime too soon. But at least there is a message from the high artificer. I am optomistic of the albums release. I just think it will take longer than six months to do this. What do you think?

"All we need is just a little patience"

To quote George Harrison; "Its gonna take money, a whole lot of spending money, its gonna take plenty of money, to do it right. Its gonna take time, a whole lot a precious time, its gonna take patience and time, TO DO IT RIGHT!!!!"

Slightly random and obscure reference but i hope you get the point, which is lets not count our chickens before theyve hatched. There are so many sayins that would fit this situation!

Grimo.

I love George Harrison :heart:

On topic, you have a really good point about that. Maybe he didn't mean Chinese Democracy when he was talking about new music this year. I'm still praying that it will be this year! If it doesn't well....there's always next year. :rolleyes:

"People will hear music this year,"

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon.

The new album is coming out this year. In my oppinion the albumtitle will not be Chinese Democracy. Why would Axl use that name for the album when that name is already 5 years old?

I have to agree with the majority about Axl not using the words "Chinese Democracy."

He usually chooses his words very carefully -- and he chose to use "music" rather than "CD." It could mean we'll hear singles - maybe to a soundtrack - or it could mean the album's title has changed - or - who knows.

I think the Da Vinci rumour could happen. And I think we'll have perhaps two singles before the release.

But the thing is, a single will mean that the wait is over. And I think most of us wont mind waiting a few months if we just get a single first.

$100 to the one who guesses the name of the album correctly.

in the article after he says "People will hear music this year"

it then states he is refering to Chinese Democracy

Even the rolling stone is believing that he's talking about CD. I am pretty sure that Axl knows that he can't play these kinda games anymore, games like: "Ooh, i never said CD will be out in 2006, i said 'music' hahaha pWn3D!!!!!". This happened in 2005 (Merck: "I hope this will be the year.").

But hey, i'll be satisfied with one or two singles this year, some concerts, 2 videos for the singles and a lot of god press.