Axl said "music" not "CHIDEM"

Route66

I really hope that when Axl says "people will hear 'music' this year" he is not refering to a couple of singles or a soundtrack (ala Oh my God). Just get the album done and dusted. Period!

We have already heard 4 strong contenders for the album (Madagascar, The Blues, CD and IRS). Great tunes and I cant wait to hear the studio efforts. But imagine hearing a single or two on top of these tracks before even hearing the album. We'd be familiar with 6 songs out of 13........

Personally, I'm willing to wait the extra mile for the album... then we can talk singles...... JMO

LA rock1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that when Axl says "people will hear 'music' this year" he is not refering to a couple of singles or a soundtrack (ala Oh my God). Just get the album done and dusted. Period!

We have already heard 4 strong contenders for the album (Madagascar, The Blues, CD and IRS). Great tunes and I cant wait to hear the studio efforts. But imagine hearing a single or two on top of these tracks before even hearing the album. We'd be familiar with 6 songs out of 13........

Personally, I'm willing to wait the extra mile for the album... then we can talk singles...... JMO

LA rock1

We've waited this long, whats a few months? Or even a year?

The important thing is that its comin. And at least some music will be comin out in 06..... hopefully :)

Grimo.

The question he was asked was obviously about CD because the next line in the article is, "The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy." The person who wrote the article was the person who asked the question that garnered the "People will hear music this year" response. So they should know what the comment was in reference to.

Agreed, but you can't deny that in Axl's response there is a level of qualification. The words he uses are deliberately chosen, IMO, to be ambiguous. Axl could have said ..."yeah the record will be out by the end of the year".. but he purposefully chose words which suggest otherwise to me. Yes we will hopefully hear new music, but a release of Chidem?? Doubt it.

bla bla bla what a fucking asshole!!!

he has been saying that for 5 years, werent he? its always the same with this bastard <_<

he promise the whole world will be shaken, and then your hear in the radios thousands of shitty songs ike silkworms, with only up to 2 nice song- this time madagascar & the blues.

why are you people thinkin about hope and stuff when every year he is letting you down over again. personally im sick of that shit. i didnt believe him back in 2001, and nothing changed since then.

I can't believe someone would visit a Gnr FAN forum, make over 170 posts and come out with shit like this. Really.

ps. thanks Axl for putting me and thousands of others out of their misery by making a statement! Cheers fella

im here because of the old label, and because the users here are awesome. saying i do not belive Axl Rose doesnt mean i dont like guns n' roses.

watch the post of Ferrari (sp) and see exactly what im talking about. i dont belive axl rose because he proved me that he is not to be believed. why would you call that 'shit'. its my opinion, and i truely belive it has a bit of sense- otherwise your comment was more radical.

I have to agree with the majority about Axl not using the words "Chinese Democracy."

He usually chooses his words very carefully -- and he chose to use "music" rather than "CD." It could mean we'll hear singles - maybe to a soundtrack - or it could mean the album's title has changed - or - who knows.

Yeah, but maybe Axl didn't want to release such important information at a Korn party (of all places). I doubt he would've said "Chinese Democracy will be out this year" right then and there. He might've thought it would've been better to be vague about the situation as to keep us on our toes on wether or not it's the actual CD he's talking about.

I have spent a good deal of time examining the article and everything that surrounds it. There is no decisive conclusion to be made. THIS IN ITSELF IS VERY ODD. Being in such close proximity to Axl, and actually interviewing him in light of all that surrounds him and the GNR name, and not getting Axl to soundly say what we ALL want to hear.....SHOULD tell you something. Actions speak louder than words. You can try to steer me in a different direction, but the bottom line is: We still dont know much!

Maybe the album is not called 'Chinese Democracy' anymore?

Fuck! I think u´re right..

The name is changed. He never mention CHIDEM..

maybe it's called music :drevil:

J/K

Yea, yea.. I know.. :monkey: Just speculating :unsure:

I wrote first, then considered the "facts" and all fuckin points of views..

I read more than a few articles saying Axl promised that Chinese Democracy will be out this year, of course this is taken from the Rolling Stones article.

But Axl hasn't promised anything. He said People will hear music this year.

And that's it.

All hell has not broken out. Even if Chinese Democracy doesn't rear its head, we should get some new music from the studio, or a tour. Either of these things would be a hell of a lot more than we've gotten in the last three years.

I read more than a few articles saying Axl promised that Chinese Democracy will be out this year, of course this is taken from the Rolling Stones article.

But Axl hasn't promised anything. He said People will hear music this year.

And that's it.

He made a statement saying that there would be a release this year. It's a matter of semantics if you view his assertion as a promise or not.

Holy fucking balls! If Axl said, "Chinese Democracy will be released in 2006. Guaranteed," people would still try to figure out some fucking code to see if he actually meant it. Then theories about him changing the title would come up and no one would believe Axl. I know people are tired of waiting for news, but when you finally get some, quit overanalyzing the complete shit out of it. I have a feeling that people will think that when the cd is actually in their hands, it will turn to sand and they'll be sent to some mystical island so Axl will give you an actual copy. Axl says you'll hear music this year. You'll hear it. Get off of it.

Axl did not promise the release of CD for this year, he just said pople would hear music and it may be a single or a soundtrack or something. ´

A lot of journalists interpret things the way they want and put words in Axl´s mouth that he didn´t say. So, if we don´t have CD this year or we jjust get a single instead of a complete album people will go crazy with the typical lame complaints of Axl promised this and that. So, take this with a pinch of salt.

It would be nothing but ridiculous if Axl is still trying to fool us with different word codes... "People will hear music this year"... so that's basically his way of saying "If i don't have the balls to release CD this year, no one can complain cause i technically never promised CD"... and this is just ridiculous.

I just saw this article fro yesturday:

Sanctuary have confirmed that Guns N'Roses will have recorded their next two albums, when the recording process is complete.

Chinese Democracy, the first of the two releases, is set to be released this year, according to Axl Rose.

http://elsewhere.com/index.php?option=com_...id=73&Itemid=28

Apparently, the record company has comfirmed it...?!

I have no idea how reliable that sourse is, but ithought id post it here anyways.

Axl did not promise the release of CD for this year, he just said pople would hear music and it may be a single or a soundtrack or something. ´

exactly

A lot of INTERNET PEOPLE ON MESSAGE BOARDS interpret things the way they want and put words in Axl´s mouth that he didn´t say.

The rumors spread so easily. (thank sp/at for that)

Edited by wink