If "The Blues" becomes a music video...

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

I'd love some type of Yesterdays-style song that shows clips from the old UYI-era tour coupled with modern performance clips, and then at the climax (the "What this means to me is more than I know you believe!" bit) switch to studio.

And then as it fades out, switch back to performance, similar to at the end of YCBM when in slow motion he goes, "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee!"

Edited by JohnUlmer

I'd love some type of Yesterdays-style song that shows clips from the old UYI-era tour coupled with modern performance clips, and then at the climax (the "What this means to me is more than I know you believe!" bit) switch to studio.

And then as it fades out, switch back to performance, similar to at the end of YCBM when in slow motion he goes, "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee!"

He's not gonna put clips from the old band in a new video and you know it

Guest JohnUlmer

I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes: It would be great if he used performance shots from '02 tour though.

I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes: It would be great if he used performance shots from '02 tour though.

He does have every show shot by professionals.....so there might be some there ;)

it should be like a "November Rain" type Video...it's obvious that the song is very personal to Axl (mind you, it's one of his favored) and it's probably directed to a ex girlfriend...perhaps that bitch Stephanie?

cant wait to hear the studio version of "The blues"... it's gonna be fucking sweet.. rock2

it should be like a "November Rain" type Video...it's obvious that the song is very personal to Axl (mind you, it's one of his favored) and it's probably directed to a ex girlfriend...perhaps that bitch Stephanie?

cant wait to hear the studio version of "The blues"... it's gonna be fucking sweet.. rock2

Took the exact words out of my mouth.

Axl naked in blue body paint, kinda like that chick from x-men.

There should also be sparkles on his feet and stuff like that. :huh:

:rofl-lol: & a guest apperance by sponge bob square pants??

NOOO NOT ANOTHER CLIP VIDEO

Guest JohnUlmer

But that's not stardust on my feet that leaves a taste that's bittersweet - that's called the blues!

Wouldn't painting his feet with sparkles be kind of contradictory?

lol i havent heard the blues yet but i think thatd be rad if they did a music video like this!!

lol i havent heard the blues yet but i think thatd be rad if they did a music video like this!!

I'll send you a copy as an attachment. I LOVE that song

as for a video. I see Axl sitting in a blue tinted room (with Axl being kinda whitewashed) and flipping a switch to a film projector. As the camera pans over to the white screen then you'd get the lyrics being acted out. Then when the song goes into the final crescendo, the camera pans back out to Axl and the room being in full color.

Hmm now that I think about it, my idea kinda sounds like Ozzy's video for Road To Nowhere

Edited by Jabberwocky

But that's not stardust on my feet that leaves a taste that's bittersweet - that's called the blues!

Wouldn't painting his feet with sparkles be kind of contradictory?

No. Sparkles, not stardust. :huh:

He would taste the sparkles and they would be bittersweet. :huh:

:blink: Sounds like Roman Polanski should be directin it....

Grimo.

I would love to see Axl walk through an abandoned rural town.

COLD, Empty and DARK!!! most of the stuff in black n white.

He walks around the corner and there´s a guitarist playing the guitar,

he stops by him and starts singing along... they play for a while...

and they continue walking, as they walk pictures and videos are played on old and torn down billboards and grafitti that starts moving on the brick walls.

To me that would illustrate a sense of finding yourself, and finding the way to people.

How history always will be a part of you, but since they walk on, history can´t be changed...

nor done anything with. We all just gotta move on...

© ME

Since were fantasising here..

What about a blue skull with blood and snakes coming out of its eye sockets and spaceships flying in the background with buckethead at the controls and fireing lazers at elton john while he extracts a dildo from his asshole. then it could end with the members of velvet revolver playing in a play ground and getting chased by massive rats but with axls head on them!! :)

Edited by coeus2k

What about a blue skull with blood and snakes coming out of its eye sockets and spaceships flying in the background with buckethead at the controls and fireing lazers at elton john while he extracts a dildo from his asshole. then it could end with the members of velvet revolver playing in a play ground and getting chased by massive rats but with axls head on them!! :)

I want your drugs dude.

I would love to see Axl walk through an abandoned rural town.

COLD, Empty and DARK!!! most of the stuff in black n white.

He walks around the corner and there´s a guitarist playing the guitar,

he stops by him and starts singing along... they play for a while...

and they continue walking, as they walk pictures and videos are played on old and torn down billboards and grafitti that starts moving on the brick walls.

To me that would illustrate a sense of finding yourself, and finding the way to people.

How history always will be a part of you, but since they walk on, history can´t be changed...

nor done anything with. We all just gotta move on...

© ME

"The streets dont change but maybe the names.."

I like your vision man!

Well...

To be serious.. I wonder if Axl has any intention of using the same people who made the old videos. i.e November Rain, Dont Cry & Estranged. I dont know who was responsible for them but I do hope he uses the same team.

I want your drugs dude.

Hehe.. never took drugs in my life man. I dont think Id be much use t o anyone.. can you tell! haha

Edited by coeus2k

something like estranged, but everything with a blue tint to it.

Exactly what i was thinking!

Bryan Adams did a video all in a rich blue tint, Thought I Died and Gone to Heaven. Ho hum song I guess, but it was a very cool video. Had his band playing in a field with very tall grass and the wind whipping around. And it actually had dolphins in it too believe it or not!