Avenged Sevenfold "loves" Guns N Roses

rocketking

Cool interview with Avenged Sevenfold from MTVnews. Apparently GNR was their biggest influence.... B)

MTV: Is it safe to call Guns N' Roses your biggest influence?

Shadows: Guns N' Roses is my favorite band of all time. It's funny 'cause we just did a thing for the [Los Angeles Times] and the guy's like, "People compare 'em to Guns N' Roses and Shadows walked out with a GN'R shirt," and he thought that was weird that I would, but the thing is, I'm not ashamed of the bands I love. I love that band. You can compare us all you want — they're a huge reason why I'm even in a band and even write music. My dad gave me Appetite for Destruction when it first came out; he saw [Guns N' Roses] on "Headbanger's Ball," and they're a huge inspiration. Metallica and Megadeth and GN'R, those are bands that I'll never deny loving ... those are bands that kind of made me and made this band kind of what it is. We don't try to be like, "Oh we're becoming a big band, so we're gonna pretend like we don't have any influences."

The whole interview: MTV.com interview

Guest cherry_bomb
They may have been influenced by them, but theyre shit compared to them.

there's no point comparing the 2, theyre completely different bands of an entirely new music era. they're not trying to be the new guns n roses or anything, just compared to their peers and modern metal bands, they fucking kick ass!! i guarantee u the ppl here slating them have heard about 1 song and judged them from that.

rant over.

go buy a7x cd.

stop being bitches.

Guest cherry_bomb

Avenged Sevenfold fucking suck.

Agreed. People even compare them to Iron Maiden. That's disgraceful.

there are a lot of similarities. open your mind, dont be so retarded :)

Avenged Sevenfold fucking suck.

Agreed. People even compare them to Iron Maiden. That's disgraceful.

there are a lot of similarities. open your mind, dont be so retarded :)

Yes, let's "open our minds" to how shitty they are. I encourage everyone to do the same. Iron Maiden have achieved a dominant status in the metal world today and these guys.. well, they will fade within 2 years. There are no similarities.

Next time, when you call someone retarded, use proper sentence structure, so that you don't sound retarded. Thanks.