Brian May?!?!

The Volitan

So I was looking at an old issue of guitar one magazine and it tells about all the guitarists who have played in Guns. Tracii, Buckethead, Zakk Wylde, etc. But they also mention Brian May from Queen. It says he worked on the early sessions of CD. So if and when CD is released, will we be hearing May?

This was a quote from Brian about Axl.

"He's not easy to work with. He's utterly meticulous."

So I was looking at an old issue of guitar one magazine and it tells about all the guitarists who have played in Guns. Tracii, Buckethead, Zakk Wylde, etc. But they also mention Brian May from Queen. It says he worked on the early sessions of CD. So if and when CD is released, will we be hearing May?

Brian May would not work for Guns.

Brian May would not work for Guns.

actually yes it is a fact...there is an audio clip floating around somewhere of brian may talking about his experience recording for GNR and its probably one of the most promising interviews a GNR fan can read cause he said absolutely amazing things about chinese democracy saying he had heard many of the songs and something like "axl is looking to make the best album ever, and he might just have it". and he played on a few songs however he doesnt know if theyd ever see the light of day, axl and brian may are friends tho

I couldn't find that in the dictionary. Did you type up that quote yourself?

Brian May did indeed contribute to Chinese Democracy. It's a fact.

What dictionary were you using :unsure:

me·tic·u·lous

adj.

Extremely careful and precise.

Extremely or excessively concerned with details.

R.

What dictionary were you using :unsure:

me·tic·u·lous

adj.

Extremely careful and precise.

Extremely or excessively concerned with details.

R.

It was the 'Concise' English Dictionary. :lol:

I should have read the front cover. The words in it are like 'and'.

Anyway cheers mate. :)

its in the slash issue of Guitar Legends november/december 2004. i have the issue and this is what it says, theres a lot of people posted on it but im just putting brian

The hired Guns: Slash wasnt the first GNR gunslinger, and he certainly wasnt the last..

BRiAN MAY

WHO IS HE? the frighthaired Eighties Queen legend. he wrote some tunes you might just recognize.

GLORY DAYS: Played on early sessions of GNR's chinesse democracy with Mr. Rose. who knows we might even get to hear some of the stuff he did one day!

BRIAN ON AXL: "he's not always easy (to work with). He's Utterly Meticulous

there it is. hope that helped lol rock3

do u know what 3 songs they were?

The first time I heard The Blues(RIR) from a CD. I was so shure that Brian May playd guitar on that tune. Which later turned out to be the guitar line that Robin Finck played. So maybe The Blues could be one!?!

Well I'm ahuge Gn'R fan and I love the Queen. So it would be so cool to hear Brian May play with Axl on a record.

do u know what 3 songs they were?

The first time I heard The Blues(RIR) from a CD. I was so shure that Brian May playd guitar on that tune. Which later turned out to be the guitar line that Robin Finck played. So maybe The Blues could be one!?!

Well I'm ahuge Gn'R fan and I love the Queen. So it would be so cool to hear Brian May play with Axl on a record.

yea that would be pretty fuckin bad ass. since i like both aswell

Guest swwet_child

Here's some more quotes :heart:

"I'll tell you, Axl is a very persuasive guy. He's magic really, he is, you know, and I think he's not always easy, as genius very often isn't, you know, Fred was not the easiest person in the world to get on with, but someone who has that amount of passion and gives a million percent of themselves, you'll take any amount of stuff from, and I would from Axl, I think he's that good."

"They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there"

Edited by swwet_child

It would be totally wonderful to hear a few Brian May solos on CD. He's one of my favorite guitarplayers of all time. the cool thing is this; I think it's pretty possible that we will hear something of what was recorded.

1. Brian has recorded a few (someone said three) tracks with Axl

2. Axl's a big fan of May and Queen in general

3. Axl said in the recent RS-interview that some of the upcoming tunes were a bit "Queen-ish"

so.. one can only hope

Edited by evil_l

Here's some more quotes :heart:

"I'll tell you, Axl is a very persuasive guy. He's magic really, he is, you know, and I think he's not always easy, as genius very often isn't, you know, Fred was not the easiest person in the world to get on with, but someone who has that amount of passion and gives a million percent of themselves, you'll take any amount of stuff from, and I would from Axl, I think he's that good."

"They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there"

What a gent! :)

Any parts he put down would surely have been re-recorded with Robin, otherwise whats the point of him bein there! :drevil:

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85