"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at some point of the chinese democracy recording sessions, izzy sent some song to axl in case he wanna use it on CD

Are you for real?

I don't think it is going to happen in the next ten years

yes, supposedly that happened, but he wanted Izzy to sell him the rights to the songs. Izzy didn't want to do that.

I'm wondering about why my thread on a theory on why the new tracks were released was deleted (just presumably because it had 'Slash' in it) and this thread that's been beaten like a dead horse, has not.

I'm wondering about why my thread on a theory on why the new tracks were released was deleted (just presumably because it had 'Slash' in it) and this thread that's been beaten like a dead horse, has not.

man I have seen more posts deleted here than on other boards I've been involved with, and fast too!

heavily modded for sure. I've even seen threads tacked onto the end of other threads and I had no idea where the original thread went until I just happened to stumble across it 5 pages back on a different thread.. :rolleyes:

I really like Slash's guitar. But I will have to agree that he was a useless junkie live. Listen to one of the old GN'R bootlegs or watch one of them, and tell me that the new lineup doesn't play AFD/UYI songs live better or as well as the original lineup...

I really hope Fortus will play lead at least sometimes this tour. They can switch around Finck and 4tus as lead guitar. Both are quite capable guitarists.

Oh by the way. All those people who say. "SLASH IS GOD, NOBODY CAN MATCH SCOM". The guy was opposed to that great song from the start.

That 'useless junkie' was a better guitarist then all the new players AXL can bring into GNR.

Face it... Slash is the GNR sound. When you think of GNR, you think of Axl's voice, and Slash's perfect guitar riffs in the songs. Those two have magic together. Listen to the end of Nightrain, end of Rocket Queen, end of Coma, estranged etc. That's ehat Slash and Axl can do together. Fucking incredible.

I think the laughable thing in your posts is that you rate slash by watching some bootlegs :lol: The difference between alot of people here who I believe have informed a respectable opinions are the differences between the ones who watch the old band on bootleg and the ones who saw the old band live.

I love you all, but this reunion talk has got to stop. It's just ridiculous. Axl obviously wants to experiment with different styles of music. He wants to do something new and creative. Slash and Duff are obviously just interested in playing their old brand of generic bluesy/traditional hard rock inspired by Aerosmith, Van Halen, ect.

Not so fast, these leaks arent that far from what Axl has given us back in the day. The only difference that can be pointed out easily is the hip-hop beat replaceing classic drums, and after the rest kicks in that beat is pretty much un-noticeable.

IRS

Not very different from an AFD song in terms of structure. Other than the drums, the style isnt very different, except for Buckethead's solo. If anything seperates the new GNR from the old GNR it is these solos. If there is a reunion (not saying one is likely), the solos wont matter.

Better

This is the most different from the three. But the song as a whole reminds me of a Use Your Illusion song, like Breakdown, Coma, or even November Rain. The beggining is what seperates this song from most GNR songs, but it reminds me of the beggining of Sweet Child of Mine. The first time I heard Sweet Child of Mine, I thought "What the fuck is this preppy pop shit?". Well, I thought the same thing for Better the first time I heard it, and both songs are great.

There was a Time

Again, another song with a Use Your Illusion feal. The most similar to any of the old GNR songs in every way (except the lame hip-hop beat). The guitar solos in this song are very bluesy, way better than the shredding in IRS. If I didnt know better I would say Slash is playing the solos in this song.

While it is clear Axl wants to move on from the past, these songs are very similar to what the old GNR has produced. Axl has done his experiments with different music styles, remember My World? Axl is a very creative guy, but in the sense of makeing a new style of music, that just isnt happening with these demos and I can still see Slash and Duff playing in this band. Im not saying its going to happen, but it is still possible.

hi gunners!

I know there is a lot of stipulation about a possible return and blablabla! but what i'm about to explain you is a way to see things going on right now. but before going further we have to make things clear about some details we are blind to see because no one really knows THE TRUTH.

- do you really think that axl and slah never NEVER talk to each other for the last 10 years or so? lets be honest for a second

- velvet revolver( i really love the band no mean to bash never ever) seems to go nowhere these days ; we use to have a quick update from scott about the making of the album and now boum! nothing going on anymore for now.

- why WHY slash takes the front row about chinese democracy possible release? who is THAT guy he heard the album and said was good? ask yourself the answer is so much evident!

here comes my side :

back in 1996 or so, slash call is quits because he have a different about the musical direction the band goes in; its plain normal since slash is a rocker and wants to play rock n roll. i understand the way he thinks its logical from his side to act this way. since to process of chinese democracy seems pretty long(wich is new for slash since all the past albums were quickly made because they use to have so much material already written) he didint see himself pass several years to record an album and also a new way to create wich is so different from the old form. what if WHAT IF they arrange something like: look, i aint gonna wait for this but see, if its finally getting done or anything we'll see what we can do. REMEMBER that there is no bad blodd between them why? ASK YOURSELF. 2001 and 2002 was just a practice for axl and the new band to see how people could react seeing them live again and all the stuff but you notice that these days old bands are making combacks and getting on the road again? the old music seems to be getting new fans pretty fast and 4 or 5 years earlier it wasnt this way like today. thats why i think axl wait all this time......he is like a sniper and dont care for how much time he will be out. he prepares something big and everybody is at his feets anyway so why should he really care about deadlines? he does what he want when he wants to and i respect that so much.

axl is not crazy because he his a genius; slah knows this and he can see how things can turns on and HUGE if he join him again like the old days. dont get me wrong axl needs slash as much slash needs axl. the new band is really great i prefer brain instead of sorum and buckethead sounds and robin's style owns stradlin and gilby clarke together including in this package steven *90 takes for civil war*adler

and stinson back the vocals greatly and as for fortus i dont really care cuz i dont know the guy unfortunatly. I dont dream about this, those things are pure facts and logic.

what you guys think? if you think im crazy i dont care we'll see soon enough who was right anyway take it for what it is.... a 2 cents from a fan like you.

love and repect and see you in a democratical china!

I dont want Slash to come back...

I don't either. And I dont think Axl does, he did not sound happy when he talked about him being up his ass. I bet it hurt to have something in your ass. Maybe Axl's rants will be more cheerful if he doesn't have something in his ass this time. So lets hope for no slash at all!

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Slash could theoretically be Buckethead's replacement, coz Axl has used three guitars on stage before.

Anyway, the most logical thing to do if Slash is coming back is to get rid of Finck and I don't think that is even open for debate. Fincky has been an integral part of the 32 songs recorded up till now and his sound is right there on those new demos.

If Slash is to come back, I don't see how he could do that before after the Democracy Tour - in the build-up to Guns' next album.

Talking of an imminent return of Slash is at the moment quite immature.

I've actually read the inital post coz its probably the same old shit. Slash will not walk out on Duff & Matt in VR. He just wont, hes not a dick. Ergo, hes not comin back to GNR.

And how would everyone else feel if after 10+ years of workin on this album, Slash just wanders back into the fray, dont think Tommy n co would be too happy!

Slash is not comin back, so forget it.

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85

velvet revolver( i really love the band no mean to bash never ever) seems to go nowhere these days ; we use to have a quick update from scott about the making of the album and now boum! nothing going on anymore for now.

just like guns did in 1993