"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

The original members of Guns 'n' Roses could reunite, lead singer Axl Rose has claimed.

The wild rocker, who still fronts the band with a changed line-up, has refused to rule out getting the original band back together again.

He said: "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years.

"I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but I was just talking to guitarist Izzy Stradlin the other day."

:lol::laugh:

Where'd he claim this? I want a copy! rock3

He told me on the phone last night

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss the part in that where Axl said that the old band would reunite? Did I also spot where they misquoted him to say that Chinese Democracy will be released this year?

:sleeper:

HEY ...YOU HAVE TO BE OPTIMIST....YOU'LL SEE THAT WHAT WE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG ....WILL BE A REALITY THIS FREAKING YEAR!!!! BE COOL!!!GUNNER rock1

Did I miss the part in that where Axl said that the old band would reunite? Did I also spot where they misquoted him to say that Chinese Democracy will be released this year?

HEY ...YOU HAVE TO BE OPTIMIST....YOU'LL SEE THAT WHAT WE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG ....WILL BE A REALITY THIS FREAKING YEAR!!!! BE COOL!!!GUNNER rock1

typing in capitals like that is highly annoying....be cool rock1

The press misquotes everyone, not just Axl. He just needs to be intelligent about who he interviews with and why not use a forum such as this to get his direct, unfiltered message out to fans from time to time? Other aritsts and celebs have learned to smartly use their fan sites for much of their external communications.

No reason to let the more irresponsible factions of the media dictate your life. Besides, all press is good press as they say...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

That would be cool actually. Anything rather than Finck...

I was wondering, Ferrari, could you give a detailed description as to why you don't like Mr Finck?

Also, did he ever send you a thankyou note for the lovely cake you baked for his birthday?

The guy didn't even thank me, but the cake wasn't baked, remember ?, just raw.

I don't like his hair-cut.

Edited by Ferrari

I'm all for optimism. But I also know how to read. YOU be cool. It'll come out, just relax. ;)

The original members of Guns 'n' Roses could reunite, lead singer Axl Rose has claimed.

The wild rocker, who still fronts the band with a changed line-up, has refused to rule out getting the original band back together again.

"I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but I was just talking to guitarist Izzy Stradlin the other day."

:lol::laugh:

Where'd he claim this? I want a copy! rock3

Last week, Axl revealed Guns 'n' Roses' long awaited new album, 'Chinese Democracy', is going to be released this year.

:rofl-lol:

That article is hilarious. Thanks Ferrari. :D

Agreed .

The person that did that article doesn't seem to understand english very well , Axl doesn't mention a chance for reunion in any part of the interview .

He has no reasons to say nice words about Slash unless he wants a reconciliation.

Don't forget that Axl needs a lead guitar : Finck or Fortus are not competent for the job. If they were, Axl wouldn't have cancelled the Lisbon concert when Bucket left. ;)

why not use a forum such as this to get his direct, unfiltered message out to fans from time to time?

We apparently couldn't read what he said in the article correctly, so why would we be able to read his posts correctly? Changing the venue doesn't change the fact that the same majority of people wont listen and will read what they want between the lines. We've already proven that with all the new reunion threads started this week.

I'd like to talk to him too, but it's a two way street. What reason would he have to beleive that he'd be treated any different than the rest of the posters here as a part of the general atmosphere of communication breakdown? We're a lot harder on each other because we don't have any vested interest in the subject beyond our own opinions.

If we take the attitude that it's his price to pay for being in the middle of it all, he'd spend all his time refuting all of our pretentious expectations and defending himself against an ignorant mob mentality.

He's going to do his own thing no matter how much it may offend our ideals and no matter what else we think we're entitled to. He may not release the album until the year 3044 and it's his perogitive, no matter what our collective desires may add up to be or how much we think that counts for something.

He has to live his life in check, and we think we're the ones who have it bad. Get some fucking perspective people.

He has no reasons to say nice words about Slash unless he wants a reconciliation.

Don't forget that Axl needs a lead guitar : Finck or Fortus are not competent for the job. If they were, Axl wouldn't have cancelled the Lisbon concert when Bucket left. ;)

You know what, I think you're right! :) That has to be it! Because quite clearly Axl cancelled the Lisbon concert because he wanted Slash back. detective.gif So a few years later, he remembered that and mentioned Slash's name in an interview in hopes that Slash would hear the call and come back! :o It's been a conspiracy all along, Ferrari, and you broke the code! :laugh:

Now we need to investigate the behaivor of Scott Weiland, wearing that police cap on his head during shows and singing Guns N Roses cover tunes smiley-suspicious.gif I think this may be because he is secretly sending a message to Axl to come up and replace him to be with his old bandmates, eh? Maybe the reason for the heroin problem is so he can eliminate himself from the picture so Axl can step in and call the guys back to GNR. :shocked:

But what about Izzy? sad48.gif I think having both Finck and Fortus in the band is a secret message to Izzy because he's saying he has to have two rhythm guitars instead of one, and that Izzy needs to come back to releive him of this payroll debacle. Remember, neither of these guys are capable of playing lead under any circumstances, so it follows explicitly that this can be the only conclusion.

Your understanding of these issues is so extensive and your abilities to construct logical conclusions is so practised and refined that I beleive you should manage this band. Merck, bless his heart, hasn't the foresight and experiance to compare to your inherent insight and decisiveness. You could move in, fire everybody, get Slash, Izzy, Duff, and even Steven back and send them on an extensive 72 month world tour covering every continent including Antarctica.

They would perform the first concert ever on the moon, and plant a flag there in your honor with your avatar on it. :heart:

Truer words have never been said before.

Thanks Asor. :kiss:

I'm standing right to the phone waiting for Axl's call about the manager job : I would be interested in that kind of thing. Here is my plan for the next tour :

If Axl decides to tour again the best for him and his band would be to launch the tour in South America where GN'R is still very popular. If the tour over there is successful, it would give confidence to North American tour promotors to invest in GN'R again.

The solution is : 4 concerts in Argentina, 4 concerts in Brazil, 2 in Colombia, 2 in Chile, 1 in Uruguay, 1 in Venezuela, 1 in Peru, 1 in Bolivia, 3 in Mexico and 10 cities across Europe (Paris, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Rome, Lisbon, Moscow, Stockholm, Budapest and Athens). After that it would be easier to tour in the US.

After touring in South America, Europe and the US, they could go to Asia (Japan, China, India, Israel) and that would include an Australian detour.

Edited by Ferrari

forgot ireland fuckhead ;)

anyway the article has obviously been printed in a certain way to make it look like there could possibly be a reunion because that shit sells. you read the original one right? no i dont think that there will be a reunion, certainly not anytime soon. ok compare the original article that came out to this. theyve switched it round to suit them.

rolling stone

"People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

bullshit one

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - The original members of Guns 'n' Roses could reunite, lead singer Axl Rose has claimed.

Axl admits the band are still in demand.

He added to America's Rolling Stone magazine: "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumoured to be on there. But we'll see what happens."

The original band split a decade ago, however, the singer has been working under the group's name every since.

Last week, Axl revealed Guns 'n' Roses' long awaited new album, 'Chinese Democracy', is going to be released this year.

It will be the band's first new material since 1991's 'Use Your Illusion' albums.

Rose said: "People will hear music this year.

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns 'n' Roses.' But people will at least like a few songs on there."