What do you think would happen if Chinese Democracy and Libertad were released on the same day?

Solidius

It won't happen mainly because nobody from either camp would ever let it happen. To be honest though the Velvet Revolver album would be an after thought on almost everybody's mind. The anticipation for Chinese Democracy is huge even if the general public can't really see it or feel it yet. We feel it obviously but I mean the hype is based on mostly a rumored album and it's mostly hype from diehard Guns fans. The general public could care less at the moment. Having said that once an official release date for a Guns N' Roses album, regardless of who makes up the band, will be huge. The name Guns N' Roses alone stirs up excitement. So it doesn't really mater who releases albums the day of Chinese Democracy's release. all albums will be lost in the hype and frenzy of Chinese Democracy. At least for the first week or so. This is of course assuming the first single is a knock out. After that the album will have to be speak for itself. Nobody in the music industry wants to release an album on the same day as Chinese Democracy. It's like nobody wants their movie released the same weekend as a Star Wars movie or a Peter Jackson movie.

A lot of music jounalists would die happy.

In a way I think it could be good for both bands, if nothing else it would be one hell of a lot of free publicity. That is if their willing to deal with all the media hype and the fact that it will be dressed up as a fight.

But following that I think a lot of people would fall for it and make sure to buy their favourite of the two, maybe even buy multiple copies to make sure 'their' band 'wins'.

I'd be very, very suprised if it happened though. I was actually wondering the other day wether the rumors of CD comming out, and the fact that Slash might actually believe them could be part of the reason VR's album has been delayed.

They want to give CD time to run its course so that the two aren't competing.

It wouldn't be a problem.

It can even be considered as a good marketing idea to create a buzz in the media.

Anyway, that won't happen as CD will never be released, at least not with the current line-up which is doomed to failure as it has been proven since 2002 (and even before).

It wouldn't be a problem.

It can even be considered as a good marketing idea to create a buzz in the media.

Anyway, that won't happen as CD will never be released, at least not with the current line-up which is doomed to failure as it has been proven since 2002 (and even before).

but hey, isn't this what you want? a release by axl and slash on the same day?

it won't happen, but it would be good to see :krider:

The part that frightens me?

I might consider buying Libertad first, and I have no idea why.... :confused:

You're joking right? :shocked:

In a nutshell- there would be a lot of publicity and a lot of comparison ;)

Excellent thread. I think it would bring both bands a lot of publicity but might begin more media created hatred between Axl & Slash.

Seriously I would buy them and listen to one then the other. There would be a shelf or something in the record store filled with Chinese Democracy and next to it would be Libertad.

Awesome discussion.

It would make great media hype and both bands would benfit from the media exposure. I wouldnt be surprised if this was being considererd despite the band members insitance that they havent spoke for so long. Record labels would love this type of coverage and its a sure way to sell a few 1000 extra albums.

On another note... I think the only way we will ever see a reunion is by getting all the past band members and sticking them all in big brother for a few months!.. Now that I would watch!!!!! :)

Edited by coeus2k

The part that frightens me?

I might consider buying Libertad first, and I have no idea why.... :confused:

Same here.

Based on what I've heard from VR and Axl's new band I'm 99% sure I'll like VR's new album.

I'm not so sure on Axl's stuff. From what I've heard so far theres a couple of songs I like, one I'm indiffrent to and a lot I don't like.

I'll listen to CD when it comes out and if I like it I'll buy it, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

Cd would sell shed loads, be everywhere in the press. Its one of the most talked about releases ever. The world would be all axl rose yay yay.

Most organised fans etc. would buy both.

Velvet Revolver are likley to release there album about a month or two before chinese democracy. If they were to release at the same time ish. Everyone would be interested in GnR and a VR album would milk it.

If anyone thinks that the media is going to say anything positive about CD when it's released, then they need to take a look at the reviews for the 2002 tour. The media have been gunning for Axl for years, and they'll take any opportunity to slam him.

Most people I know, don't even know that CD exists and outside of GN'R fans and the music press I'm not sure that many people know or care.

Releasing both albums on the same day would be a massive distraction, and instead of being asked about the new guys and the new album he would be asked constantly about slash and the old material.

If anyone thinks that the media is going to say anything positive about CD when it's released, then they need to take a look at the reviews for the 2002 tour. The media have been gunning for Axl for years, and they'll take any opportunity to slam him.

I dunno likes, the Rolling Stone magazine article sounded pretty positive. And from what I heard the 2002 got rave reviews. Axl sounded shit but still they put on a decent enough show.