Axl's Rolling Stone Interview picked up by other newspapers, radio. etc.

LA_0013

Seems Axl's little 'interview' last Friday has spread far and wide - it is now appearing in The Sun in the UK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580...6030412,00.html

I think its pretty damn amazing that someone who has been out of the public eye for so long (on his own accord) can say a few choice words at a party in LA and journalists all over the world still want a piece of the action. So many fans have said that Axl probably missed the boat a little by not capitalising on Rock in Rio III, or even the big return of GNR at the VMAs (remember round 1??).

Personally, I think Axl has everyone in the palm of his hands - he only has to say a few words about the album after yet another 'break' from the public eye and he has everyone captivated . EVERYONE is anticipating this album. Hell, I hate to say it but he could disappear again for another year and so many would still be waiting. Who else in the rock music industry could disappear for years at a time, and also be given such a creative free reign from their record company?? What the reaction to his interview tells me is that Axl, and GNR for that matter, have so many fans still out there, and for that reason I think CD will be a huge success.

By the way, as I said in another post, its brilliant that there has been such a positive reaction on the forum to Axl's interview/appearance etc. The guy obviously values his privacy and leads a quiet life despite being one of the biggest rock stars on the planet, but I'm sure reading such a positive reaction from his fans may make him realise that he still has so many fans out there, and they would love to see and hear from him far more often.............. rock2

LA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait till the CD finally comes out... the world will be in a frenzy!!

duff

This forum will be in a frenzy, I highly doubt the world will be. A lot of people won't care.

duff

This forum will be in a frenzy, I highly doubt the world will be. A lot of people won't care.

the news has spread to some bike forums i visit' they're pretty much slagging this comeback' still saying it aint guns without slash .duff. izzy' they are mainly saying axl is as hasbeen

duff

the news has spread to some bike forums i visit' they're pretty much slagging this comeback' still saying it aint guns without slash .duff. izzy' they are mainly saying axl is as hasbeen

The same was said about BMX's and Choppers, no??........

Seems Axl's little 'interview' last Friday has spread far and wide - it is now appearing in The Sun in the UK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580...6030412,00.html

I think its pretty damn amazing that someone who has been out of the public eye for so long (on his own accord) can say a few choice words at a party in LA and journalists all over the world still want a piece of the action. So many fans have said that Axl probably missed the boat a little by not capitalising on Rock in Rio III, or even the big return of GNR at the VMAs (remember round 1??).

Personally, I think Axl has everyone in the palm of his hands - he only has to say a few words about the album after yet another 'break' from the public eye and he has everyone captivated . EVERYONE is anticipating this album. Hell, I hate to say it but he could disappear again for another year and so many would still be waiting. Who else in the rock music industry could disappear for years at a time, and also be given such a creative free reign from their record company?? What the reaction to his interview tells me is that Axl, and GNR for that matter, have so many fans still out there, and for that reason I think CD will be a huge success.

By the way, as I said in another post, its brilliant that there has been such a positive reaction on the forum to Axl's interview/appearance etc. The guy obviously values his privacy and leads a quiet life despite being one of the biggest rock stars on the planet, but I'm sure reading such a positive reaction from his fans may make him realise that he still has so many fans out there, and they would love to see and hear from him far more often.............. rock2

LA

excellent post, these are my thoughts excactly! axl is still very relevant after all these years and no new material, that'a amazing. the longing for axl rose to reappear is still so big, he left the music biz without even leaving a note after being the biggest rock star on the planet, watch him time this perfectly and reclaim his vacant throne as the last rock god on the planet. :shades:

duff

NO

i'm talking about bikes with engines-not pedals

No one here should really be suprised that Axl and GNR still have a fan base.

Since we are the fan base, and we knew all along that we were still here and still waiting, and more importantly we know why we're still wating, which is the part most people have missed.

duff

NO

Ha! I know dude, i'm just playin!! It was a terrible joke i know!!.......

duff

NO

Ha! I know dude, i'm just playin!! It was a terrible joke i know!!.......

i fell for it aswell :lol: ----good one :book:

Last night was listening to Radio when news headlines kicked in was usual about someone being killed or politics etc etc then out of the blue they said and chinease democracy the guns n roses comeback album will be released this year according to singer axl rose.

i know its nothing new i just thought it was really really cool that it was big enough news that it made the headlines here in scotland!! just adds fuel i guess that this could finally be the year!

hey i was listening to the X and like i duno if anyone else heard this but after all the songs and the comerial and stuff the radio guy was like ya i duno how many ppl care but by rolling stone magazine axl rose said 06 that they will hear music and they asked him y it is taking soo long bc hes doin something he nv did before.. the guy maybe something like NIN and axl does everything on the album..?..lol ha that be interesting but then said well its only take 9 years but hopefully something good and be able to be played and said that 24 song r done and finished but only 13 on the cd as we kno already..

just wanted to say that and c what u guys thought about it now being on the radio and now it is tru and that axl rose is bring ing something out in the next couple of months.. yay our waiting is over.. what wil be the next topic anyway.. ?.... soo

leave comments...

Cadow..

hey i was listening to the X and like i duno if anyone else heard this but after all the songs and the comerial and stuff the radio guy was like ya i duno how many ppl care but by rolling stone magazine axl rose said 06 that they will hear music and they asked him y it is taking soo long bc hes doin something he nv did before.. the guy maybe something like NIN and axl does everything on the album..?..lol ha that be interesting but then said well its only take 9 years but hopefully something good and be able to be played and said that 24 song r done and finished but only 13 on the cd as we kno already..

just wanted to say that and c what u guys thought about it now being on the radio and now it is tru and that axl rose is bring ing something out in the next couple of months.. yay our waiting is over.. what wil be the next topic anyway.. ?.... soo

leave comments...

Cadow..

newb... :rofl-lol:

i mean come on man..of course the radio is talking about it...they just picked up the story off of the magazine

ya i kno but im just saying that only bc .. think about it now gnr is finally getting noticed again since 02! soo i mean its a big thing for them and then hearing it on the radio says something about ppl and now that r picking that up and saying stuff about it not like other bands tho.. soo it was different hearing that

leave comments...

Cadow..

i mean come on man..of course the radio is talking about it...they just picked up the story off of the magazine

My local Rock station hasn't talked about it. But on the other hand, I don't listen to the local Rock station. Dude, and stop saying newb. It's fucking gay.

leave comments...

Cadow..

sorry already been done move t dusy n bones please

rock on rock3

leave comments...

Cadow..

My local Rock station hasn't talked about it. But on the other hand, I don't listen to the local Rock station. Dude, and stop saying newb. It's fucking gay.

Yeh, its n00b!