It's going to be very strange when CD does come out...

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

I'm sure The Blues and Madagascar will sound very different and I'm sure his vocals will be very different also. I think it'll be really weird at first because those of us who are die-hard fans and have become so adjusted to the current versions of the songs will feel as though we're hearing some kind of remix.

Fair point, but.. we dont even know if these songs will even be put on the CD now. We really dont know much about how the CD is going to be completed. Past rumours have often been lost, forgotten about or just come to nothing. Who knows?.. Im excited though.. a little.

It may be that the singing was recorded several years ago so he may have the infamous 'rasp' in his singing voice. I really want to hear Madagascar. That song could be huge. I'm not overly impressed by the Blues - It didn't strike me as special from the 2002 shows, but that doesn't mean I'll love the album version.

John the reason you find it wierd is because it probably will not be released. I just can't see it happening. I think it was the album that was never meant to be heard.

Fair point, but.. we dont even know if these songs will even be put on the CD now. We really dont know much about how the CD is going to be completed. Past rumours have often been lost, forgotten about or just come to nothing. Who knows?.. Im excited though.. a little.

Very different? I doubt it. How much different can they actually sound? I don't see him drastically changing any of these songs for the studio versions.

Yes, it'll probably be a little weird hearing a different version but you'll quickly get used to it. I'm sure we will hear the new versions and they will sound amazing, a fair bit more polished than the bootlegs. And we'll all be very happy.

Although considering the high quality of bootlegs like Boston and Pittsburgh, I wonder just how much better studio will sound. Oh, it'll sound better, but I'd wager it won't be as big a difference as some think. I believe the music will be very similar but Axl's voice will be more like his old voice than it was in 2002.

Edited by KBear

Guest JohnUlmer
Very different? I doubt it. How much different can they actually sound? I don't see him drastically changing any of these songs for the studio versions.

Yes, it'll probably be a little weird hearing a different version but you'll quickly get used to it. I'm sure we will hear the new versions and they will sound amazing, a fair bit more polished than the bootlegs. And we'll all be very happy.

Although considering the high quality of bootlegs like Boston and Pittsburgh, I wonder just how much better studio will sound. Oh, it'll sound better, but I'd wager it won't be as big a difference as some think. I believe the music will be very similar but Axl's voice will be more like his old voice than it was in 2002.

I think it will sound very different when it's completed as a studio track. Better, of course, but very different. I think that orgasmic explosion at the end with Finck's guitar solo will be layered and have a lot more underneath it. Axl's been working on this stuff for years, and considering The Blues is one of his favorite songs from the album, it's fair to assume that he'd invest a lot of time into making it as close to perfection as possible. Layered lyrics, layered instrumentals, and perhaps even a longer more epic version - I don't think it'll sound really close to the original.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I think it will sound very different when it's completed as a studio track. Better, of course, but very different. I think that orgasmic explosion at the end with Finck's guitar solo will be layered and have a lot more underneath it. Axl's been working on this stuff for years, and considering The Blues is one of his favorite songs from the album, it's fair to assume that he'd invest a lot of time into making it as close to perfection as possible. Layered lyrics, layered instrumentals, and perhaps even a longer more epic version - I don't think it'll sound really close to the original.

Is JohnUlmer back for good?

I'm not overly impressed by the Blues - It didn't strike me as special
How in the hell can you say that? How does this song not speak to you on an emotional level? Anyone who dislikes this song has never loved or been loved by somebody, and never had that love rejected. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but I just find it extremely odd when somebody at one of these forums says this song has no meaning to them. I might could understand you not liking the music, but the lyrics are pure genius.

Guest JohnUlmer

Well, I said I'd be back when there was something to discuss. I'm sorry to disappoint you. :)

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Well, I said I'd be back when there was something to discuss. I'm sorry to disappoint you. :)

No problem, I've always respected you.

Guest JohnUlmer
http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KJFXFW...022JM0VN0A0GQGO

Here's a clip from the Boston trailer and a clip from the Boston show.

Trailer first, then show.

Not much difference really.

R.

Do we really know for sure that the radio promo used studio material? And secondly, chances are if it is studio material it's an early demo and/or has been tweaked with since then. (That was over three years ago!)

R.

Do we really know for sure that the radio promo used studio material? And secondly, chances are if it is studio material it's an early demo and/or has been tweaked with since then. (That was over three years ago!)

Let me rephrase what I meant to say earlier. I don't think the material will sound entirely different. I don't think it will sound like a completely different song. But I think it will sound very textured/layered, processed, clean, heavy, and the vocals will be the most noticeable difference.

Let me rephrase what I meant to say earlier. I don't think the material will sound entirely different. I don't think it will sound like a completely different song. But I think it will sound very textured/layered, processed, clean, heavy, and the vocals will be the most noticeable difference.

We don't know anything mate - surely you know that by now :). I think Madagascar sounded absolutely perfect in 2002 and i for one hope the studio version isn't much different than the 2002 version. In my top 5 Gn'R songs without a doubt.

R.

Guest JohnUlmer

No problem, I've always respected you.

Ditto. ;)

I think the stuff Axl has been working on is stuff we haven't heard yet. The songs he performed in 2002 I believe were chosen in part because they were more or less complete. Axl hasn't been tweaking The Blues for the past two years.

And I agree with Sly about Finck, the studio can work wonders. :lol:

Guest JohnUlmer

We don't know anything mate - surely you know that by now :). I think Madagascar sounded absolutely perfect in 2002 and i for one hope the studio version isn't much different than the 2002 version. In my top 5 Gn'R songs without a doubt.

R.

What are you talking about Rick? I know everything about what's going on.

;)

Madagascar is a pretty cool song - I do prefer The Blues but it's still in my top ten probably.

I think the stuff Axl has been working on is stuff we haven't heard yet. The songs he performed in 2002 I believe were chosen in part because they were more or less complete. Axl hasn't been tweaking The Blues for the past two years.

And I agree with Sly about Finck, the studio can work wonders. :lol:

I'll tell you what - I can't wait to hear that explosion at the end of The Blues on the studio track. The part with Finck's outro and Axl screaming, "What this means to me..."

That part already sounds so powerful and moving live. Look at November Rain when it was played live - at least in my own opinion the outro ("Don't ya think that ya need somebody...") wasn't quite as awe-inspiring as on the studio version because they had the ability to layer it with all types of sounds and effects that aren't capable of being implemented live.

Orgasmic explosion? :laugh:

I do agree that the songs we've heard will be slightly different on Chinese Democracy. I think the lyrics will be pretty much the same (perhaps a tweak here or there) but the music might have changed significantly. I could see The Blues perhaps might have changed quite a bit since 2002.

Edited by Guest

R.

Both sound pretty much the same. I think the studio version will probably have Axls vocals a bit deeper, a bit raspier, but hopefully they wont change too much coz 02 version was quality.

Grimo.

It will be also exciting to see what the studio versions will be like and my opinion is they will be alot better then people predict.

duff

same here. compare live era to studio songs and they sound way differant. his voice etc but the studio of Chi-Dem should be better than live

SS.