GNR Vrs Metallica

CALUCA

I was watching today the M&S of Metallica, and the words from Axl came to my mind: "some people are gonna say this doesent sound like GNR, it doesnt sound like Ax Rose.... bu you´ll like at least a few songs"... and I remembered what Heatfield said about Saint Anger... "Like it or not, This is what we are now". Metallica, IMO, made a terrible mistake on their last album, how can a group that have made some terrific songs like ONE, Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, Seek n Destroy, etc.. make a mistake like Snt. Anger???? well, i just hope that Axl and Co. don´t disapoint us with something SO different of what we are used to.

A mistake??? whose opinion?? i thought St Anger was a powerful album and i applaud their courage to bring it out...If you knew enough about MEtallica youd know that the songs and sound of Saint Anger was a direct result of the shit they were going through at the time...loosing Newsted, infighting, Alcohol abuse. Its basically a "fuck it im angry" album brought out to release their frustrations...if you were so angry and your band was falling apart do you really think theyd be able to write melodic songs?? no...every riff is a scream of anger...and i loved it. i knew where thewy were coming from. A mistake??hardly...beautiful anger. hence "ST Anger"

I don't know if it's courage or what, but if any unknown band would've done a demotape containing songs like St. Anger did, they would've never been released anywhere and the band woul've been told to fuck off immediately. Metallica is such a brand that they can record 40 minutes of farting, screw around with it with pro tools and release it with a dvd and it still will sell millions of copies and there will still be people defending it as a "brave thing to do". Everyone has their opinions, but in case with bands like GN'R and Metallica, you can always go thinking that do I love the name and the shadow or the music itself. It's nothing wrong on either one.

Hmmm... the Blues, IRS, Chinese Democracy and Maddy vs. anything on St. Anger... I don't see CD being anything like SA, unless GnR goes a completely different direction than they showed us on the 2002 tour.

St. Anger is terrible any way you paint it. I'm sorry to have heard it.

This isn't a Metallica vs. GnR poll, so you guys who are complaining need to shut up and read the first post. The guy is just making an observation.

Hmmm... the Blues, IRS, Chinese Democracy and Maddy vs. anything on St. Anger... I don't see CD being anything like SA, unless GnR goes a completely different direction than they showed us on the 2002 tour.

St. Anger is terrible any way you paint it. I'm sorry to have heard it.

This isn't a Metallica vs. GnR poll, so you guys who are complaining need to shut up and read the first post. The guy is just making an observation.

Thanks God!!! you got it eschman!!!!!

My point is that Metallica said it before releasing St. Anger... eyy, you may not like it, it doesnt matter.... so..., Axl made exactly the same...

St Anger isn't their best album, however is far more better than Load and Re-load. For me I see St Anger as some kind of come-back. Hopefully their next album (by the end of this year) sounds again like their old days. Maybe the can reach again the level of Master of Puppets.

Hopefully the CD reaches the same level as AFD.

mr.Q

St Anger isn't their best album, however is far more better than Load and Re-load. For me I see St Anger as some kind of come-back. Hopefully their next album (by the end of this year) sounds again like their old days. Maybe the can reach again the level of Master of Puppets.

Hopefully the CD reaches the same level as AFD.

mr.Q

that would be the best thing that can happen to rock n roll this days!