Part I & II Steven Adler X-Guns N' Roses Drummer

eRomano

DATE: January 21th 2006

TITLE: Part I Steven Adler X-Guns N' Roses Drummer

TEXT: 20 Questions w/ X-Guns n' Roses drummer Steven Adler.

Steven Adler back in the day.

What can we say but this was not easy getting to an original member of Guns N' Roses. Sometime back a sweet Sludgette and her friends tried to make this happen at a AA show in person, but the stars were not aligned, and the ducks were all not in a row. A day or two later, a phoner was set up, Steven even answered but got side tracked in less than a minute. So, it didn't happen that time either. But today was different, we're guessing the full moon and the date had something to do with it.

Metal Sludge spent a good part of the day with Adler’s Appetite on the opening date of their World tour. That day happen to be Friday the 13th of January. The band did a few southern California warm up shows and are off to Europe for a solid 2 months of dates. We caught up with guitarist Michael Thomas, bassist Chip Z’Nuff, new front man Sheldon (Chassis) Tarsha and Mr. Steven Adler himself.

We conducted a few different interviews with various members and they were pretty different than most others we’ve done. Too say the guys opened up would be an understatement. We asked traditional questions, but some took on a life of their own. It's safe to say we asked Steven upwards of 50 questions.

The following is part I of our long and extensive conversation with Steven. This is only half of what was said, check back next week for part II. We’d like to thank Steven for being so open and candid about the past, the present and the future. Enjoy...

Metal Sludge: Steven let’s talk about the band, past present, and all the Sludge! What happened with that recent stuff surrounding the old band members?

Steven Adler: Hey don’t get me wrong, I’m not too fond of Robbie or Jackass Jizzy, but Keri Kelly, I love Keri Kelly. As a person I love him, a business man he’s great, a player he’s phenomenal, there is no bigger jackass on stage – and I mean that in a good way.

MS: You mean a ham?

SA: You say ham, I say jackass! Nobody can perform and entertain like him. And I want to write songs with him, when I start working on our record.

I wanted to get away from (pauses) because I had a lot, a lot of problems with the other guys. With money, respect, and I wanted, the only reason (pausing) Keri, I had to, you know, let him go on this…. Keri, (pauses) I just wanted to start fresh. And the things that those guys, Robbie and those guys were doing to me behind my back. I don’t think for a second he was a part of it, but I know he knew it was going on. And so, I don’t blame him for nothing.

I just wanted to start it fresh. And I’m glad I did. And I’m glad I got Michael (Thomas) back. He did a European tour with me before and he's great. Chip (Z'Nuff) I’ve known Chip for a while, we’ve played a few times together, and even before I met him, and knew him, just hearing his music and seeing him perform in videos, I wanted to play with him more than anything. And you know who else I want? Is, I want fucking Ronnie Younkins from KIX. I got to play with him for a little bit… I love Ronnie Younkins, he’s the shit!

MS: Let’s do this; we want to ask you some Sludge style questions. This is your chance to plug your dates. You got a European tour coming up, tell us about it?

SA: It’s a dream come true. Basically we’re starting off in Spain, and ending off in Rio Di Janeiro Brazil. Pretty much, fuck yeah. Turkey. Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, umm, we’re pretty much hitting everything up. We just got back from Argentina, and then we’re going to start off again in Rio (Brazil), Mexico, and Argentina again. I’m doing this because I’m a God damn musician and I love to rock! I told Chuck (AA agent at AWW), I said dude, "I don’t want none of these 2-3 week tours." I said, "I want to be on the road at least 300 out of the 365 days. "

MS: How does the new AA line up compare to others?

SA: I’m having so much more fun. We are so much more, (pause) we like each other. There are 5 personalities, but we’re all one. We’re all just, (pauses), we love each other. And we play, we work off each other so, I mean so easily. We know what the other guy is doing before he does it. And that’s a rare-rare thing to happen, starting right off. You know what I mean?

Adler (far left) in Guns N' Roses during the hey fucking day!

MS: Tell us about the earliest memories of GnR, and when did you realize that something really FUCKING huge was happening?

SA: Umm…we would rehearse in this studio behind Guitar Center on Sunset Boulevard. But Guitar Center use to be across the street from there in this little purple building. And we lived in this one room, and there was no bathroom, and we wrote the greatest songs, and had the greatest times. And every time we would do a show…(pauses) I always knew it since I was ten years old. Me and Slash grew up with each other, and had known each other since we were eleven years old. I gave him his first guitar, showed him his first chords. That whole Guns n’ Roses, that was our dream we dreamed. We ditched school everyday, and all we did was talk about putting a rock n’ roll band together. Making a record, traveling around the world, fucking all the girls we can, and our dream came true. And there was never a doubt that we weren’t going to do it or it wasn’t going to happen.

I worked 4 or 5 jobs at the same time because I knew, that’s what paying your dues was. If you believe in yourself, and you practice, and I figured if I had one job I’d be paying my dues this quick. I could get to where I want to be in life this fast. If I had two jobs, I could get there twice as fast. I had four jobs going man; I made this shit when I was 18 years old, just like I always knew I would.

MS: What about your last days in GnR. What was it like, the good the bad and the ugly?

SA: It was great until umm... I wanted to get off heroin and, because I just started doing it with the guys. And I didn’t know you got sick. The first day I got sick I called up my manager and I said; “dude, I don’t what the fuck is going on, but I feel sick.” And (pauses) he took me to this doctor and this doctor gave me an opiate blocker. But you can’t take an opiate blocker when you’re on heroin. And then if you did do heroin, nothing would happen. But you can’t take it until you’re completely off the heroin. And I got completely, so sick, and they wanted to go in and record “Civil War.” I said: “Slash dude, I’m so sick I can’t do it right now.” And he said; “We can’t waste the money, we got to do it now!” I said dude; “Don’t even tell me about wasting money, we know one other person who is wasting SO much fucking money, we can wait another week.”

MS: What person is that? (everyone laughing)

SA: Who do you think? Axl! And then this. (pauses) It went from being the closest, bestest friends, that, you know, (pauses) that had your back, and knew that you, you had their back, and it was so close (pause) and then the drugs, I, I don’t, we were all doing drugs together, and that ruins the whole thing. Everybody kind of went on their own little separate way (pauses)

doing their drugs by themselves then. And it just went down, and the love wasn’t there, (pauses) the respect wasn’t there, and it was very sad.

But we were still, so great. The last show I ever played with them was over at Farm Aid. And to this day, I never heard the original version of “Down on the farm.” I guess some punk band (UK Subs) did it, and we’re on stage and all of

a sudden Axl goes; “This is a song 'down on a farm.” And I yelled at Duff: “I go, Duff, Duff, what the fuck is this, how does this go?” And he just clapped his hands and just says; “just do this (clapping hands) boom, boom, boom.” And that song came out so kick ass, because I knew what Duff was gonna play before he played it. Yeah, each of us knew what we were gonna do before, we were, each of us were gonna do it. And I mean, if somebody was gonna hit a wrong note, which rarely happened, or something, (pauses) we knew it was gonna happen before. It just was so tight. It was just wonderful, and then for them to just turn on me – that was pretty much the worst moment.

MS: Let’s do rate a drummer 1-10. 1 being a horrible drummer and 10 being

a really good drummer!

Tommy Lee = Fucking amazing! That guy is sick, anybody who can, I spun on that thingy (rotating drum kit/riser), you know that he use to have in the show. I had to put my feet in the snare drum or they were going right behind my head. And that motherfucker would spin, and kick ass. It’s just amazing! The highest drummer to me in the world, a billion and ten, is Roger Taylor from Queen.

Tommy Lee with long hair & Adler.

Bobby Blotzer = He doesn’t get as good of recognition as he should, he really does throw a couple good grooves in there. He is really good. He did some great stuff on the records. I’ll give him a, a ten.

Alex Van Halen = Ten Thousand!

Stephen Riley = Oh dude, he’s awesome too. He surprised the hell out of me; I’ll give him a ten.

Neil Peart = Umm…I don’t think the number is high enough.

Vikki Foxx = (Steven talking to Chip) Can I say Vikki Foxx can kiss my ass? Or should I give him a ten? (Chip says something to Steven) Okay, I’ll give him a ten, because he’s got a fucking 13 inch cock!

Carmine Appice = Is God!

Terry Bozzio = Umm…dude he is phenomenal, he’s sick! He’s way; he’s in the Ten thousands too!

Rikki Rocket = He gave a great blow job! (pauses then starts laughing) No I’m kidding! Rikki, he’s one of the best showman, and he can still throw in some cool fills, that fill the song, I’ll give him a TEN!

Matt Sorum = Can kiss my ass. Sorum, I’ll give him a five. Cause he don’t do nothing special. And I have nothing against him because he took my, you know, he was hired to do my job. But, it wasn’t his fault; you know it’s just a gig to him. But he ruined all those songs that I wrote, cause Use Your Illusion, me and Slash and Duff wrote all that fucking shit.

(Editors Note: Stevens answers to these questions were lightning fast. His wit and charisma was very clear and evident. For someone who has admittedly had a serious drug addiction and severe health problems because of this, he has not lost a step.)

MS: Do you remember filming the video for “Welcome to the Jungle?”

God damn that was so much fun. We filmed that where Robert Kennedy got shot, in the Park Plaza hotel.

(Editors Note: The "Welcome to the Jungle" video was shot August 1st, 1987 at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. Hey Hosejob, thanks for doing the dirty work! Fun fact, Heavy Metal Thunder & Mud featuring: Tuff, Wildside, Bill Gazzarri & Jessica Hahn was also shot at the LA Park Plaza Hotel location.)

MS: Do you remember the girl you were sitting on the bed with in that video?

SA: Wait, uuh, Julie! Julie Angel, yeah, yeah, she was wonderful. Her and this girl named Lisa, I was there roommate. I rented out their laundry room. Oh yeah, I put this futon mattress in there, and I had a TV I put in there, and I had the cable put in, and I had you know, my own little door, they were my roommates. Those were the greatest girls.

Think about this, Guns n’ Roses, one of the coolest, biggest bands, and we’re filming “Welcome to the Jungle” and none of us could find a fucking girl to be in it with us. Nobody could think of a girl. And I go: “Hey, let’s get Julie man, she’s got a great ass.” She was so fine. I said: “Let’s call Julie and get her to come over here.” So I call up and say: “Hey Julie, can you be in this video with us?” And she says: “Yeah, okay.” And I say: “We’ll be by to pick you up in 10 minutes.” And that’s why she was in the video. Cause none of us could get, well, obviously I could, cause I got her.

MS: What rock star deserves a big smack in the mouth and why?

SA: Umm…Oh God, I wanna say Axl, I really want to. Yeah, so, not that, (pause) I love Axl, I wanna kiss his face, and slap it, well first I wanna kiss it, then I wanna kick his ass. Umm…God, see, you know…(pausing) I, yeah, there is nobody I wanna slap in the face. There are a couple of people I wouldn’t mind getting a blow job from, but nobody I really wanna slap. (everyone laughing)

MS: Who do you wanna get a blow job from?

SA: (still laughing) I’m just kidding, I just wanna get people thinking.

Steven thinking about blow jobs?

MS: If you had to join any 80s band from the start besides Gn’R who would it

be and why

SA: Oh God, from the start? Hmmm, I’m trying to think, Hanoi Rocks would’ve been cool. (super long pause) Enuff Z’nuff. (no laughter at all)

MS: What do you do everyday when you wake up, for the first hour or two?

SA: Umm, I smoke a joint, I jack off if I don’t have a woman with me, umm, well, first I’ll pee, than I’ll jack off. And then just hang around, eat and play with my dogs. And then play my drums whenever I hear a cool song that comes on the Tv.

The early days of Gn'R. Axl sporting max hair spray!

Steven front and center.

MS: Name the 3 high points and the 3 lowest points of your career to date?

SA: Okay, I’ll tell you the best, the best moment in my life, and the worst moments of my life. The best moment of my life was having sex with Stephen Tyler in the back of a tour bus. The worst moment of my life, was when the second time I did heroin was on the last show of the Aerosmith tour, and you know you had those meet n’ greet rooms. And, you know I opened up the door and I’m standing there in my rock star pose, all looking all cool and Stephan Tyler is like, 5, 10, 8 feet in front of me, talking with this girl laughing, and he looks up cause he noticed my presence. And he has the biggest smile on his face, and then he could just see in my eyes, that I did heroin, and he made the saddest face and umm… my heart just dropped, and I wanted to die right there.

Because Stephen Tyler is the greatest person in this whole world, and I love him, and there is nobody in the world like him, and I (pauses) hurt his feelings, and it just hurt me so bad. The best and the worst times were with Stephen Tyler. Greatest person in the world, there is nobody cooler, it, there is nobody cooler in any and every way, that person could be in this whole universe.

MS: The epitome of cool?

SA: Yeah, beyond, I mean, nobody comes close! I mean, I’m a cool motherfucker…but I’m on, you know on a scale of 1 to 10, I’m a 10 for a cool motherfucker but he is just peeked, a number like I say, there isn’t even a number for him. The greatest person I ever met. That was really sad that I disappointed him.

MS: Is the legal stuff with Jizzy, Keri & Robbie for real or is that all talk?

SA: That is just, oh my God, unbelievable! Dude, I have the copyright to my name Adler’s Appetite, in my desk at home, okay. They don’t own jack shit! They’re just jealous because they, (pause) took advantage of me, they ummm…(pause) treated me like shit, they ummm…were, very-very, I mean so disrespectful to me, that they’re jealous, that, and they didn’t think I was, and they thought I was so fucked up, that I wouldn’t be able to put a band together.

They wanted me to cancel the Argentina shit. I said; “Fuck you!” In two weeks, I had another band put together, which, (pause) are the greatest guys, and the most fun guys to be with, and play with. And they’re just jealous that we’re going on a huge world tour for 3 months and they’re not.

Juciy? Gossip? Wait til you read part II. As Metal Sludge comes outright and asks about Steven liking men, sucking cocks, making love to rock stars, smoking crack, and even some raunchy stuff too.

Steven holds back nothing and blows his load several times.

He shows the sincerest of all sides. A sad side, the mad side, the drug addict side that talks about not sharing heroin when you only have a little left. He also talks about Andy McCoy and his wife, Axl & Erin Everly, Duff and Slash all in depth. The word association alone is an interview in itself.

He really shows his heart and soul. See ya next week...

Metal Sludge

Use Sludge Illusion

Last Updated ( 01/17/06 )

SOURCE:

Metalsludge

URL:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...d=1127&Itemid=1

TITLE: Part II Steven Adler X-Guns N' Roses Drummer

TEXT: Did you enjoy the start of Steven's 20 Questions? Well this is Part II, and yes, believe it or not, there will be a Part III.

The transcribed interview is nearly 20 pages long. And it's just too good to let it all out at once. Besides, you can only read about so much cock sucking, crack smoking and overdosing without wanting to do all three yourself, so you'll have to wait another week for the major finale!

Maybe if you're all good little Sludgettes, and Sludgeaholics, we'll put it up on Thursday! Continued from Part I...

MS: AA seems to be drawing a few thousand or more people in foreign countries. Are the crowds bigger outside the US and if so, why do you think

that is?

SA: This is gonna be my third, fourth time going there. It starts anywhere from thirty five hundred, to ahh... shit, we played in front of eighty thousand people.

MS: Why do you think the crowds are so much better in foreign countries as opposed to the U.S.A.?

SA: Cause America is hip-hop, ahh, rap, completely oriented. There is only a few bands, like Aerosmith, the Stones, ummm…AC/DC, there’s not too many rock bands out there that can do what they did, back in the 70s and 80s. Cause America is just, totally and completely rap and hip-hop oriented. And dude put it this way, last September I did a European tour, and the bus pulls up in front of the hotel to pick us up. Bus driver walks off the bus, this guy is wearing a Uriah Heep 2004 tour t-shirt. That’s how big fucking rock n’ roll is in Europe. But, you know what I’m saying, Uriah Heep, when was the last time, fuck, you really heard of them? And they’re huge in Europe, rock n’ roll is alive and well.

Joey Kramer of Aerosmith and Mr. Adler.

MS: What was the most amount of cash you ever spent in one night? Or off a credit card?

SA: The most money I ever spent in one night or off a credit card? God, I’ve done some God damn good shopping man. I’m blessed and thankful, and appreciate it. Umm, I bought a truck one night, (Steven laughing) one night I just had to go out a buy a brand new Ford Bronco. Umm, I don’t, I probably spent 600 bucks on drugs one night.

MS: 600 bucks on drugs?

SA: Yeah, in one night you know, you know 600 is a lot of drugs, so it at least took me 2-3 days to do. (Steven laughing) I’m kidding. I’m only kidding.

MS: We’ll put that if you want, you’re only kidding?

SA: Yes, please thank you. The most I really spent was probably only 300.

MS: What was your biggest ever musical related pay check for, like a check

that came in the mail?

SA: One check, ummm…Eight hundred fifty thousand dollars. ($ 850,000.00)

MS: Was that the pay off for Gn’R thing?

SA: No, no, uh, okay, the biggest check I got handed to me, it didn’t come in the mail, uh, was two million two hundred fifty thousand dollars. ($ 2,250,000.00)

MS: Was that the pay off thing?

SA: It wasn’t the pay off; it was what they owed me. And I got all my royalties back, and I got my (in-audible), I got everything back. They took every, wanted, they wanted to give me two thousand dollars and throw me in the street. And take my royalties, my song writing credits, they wanted to take everything from me.

MS: But your lawyer fought, and you won?

SA: I got my two million two hundred fifty thousand dollars. That was already owed to me from when the lawsuit – whole thing was going on, and got all my royalties and rights back. I get 15% of everything.

MS: That’s a beautiful thing.

SA: Yes it is. And I’m very thankful.

Steven & some schmuck named Lars.

MS: If you could back in time, and change one thing, what would it be?

SA: (long pause) ahh, umm, that last night when we played with Aerosmith at Irvine Meadows and I was riding my scooter around, and I rode up the ramp where the trucks come down. And I ran into the bass player - God bless his soul - from TSOL, and I said “hey” cause I knew him you know, cause I was friends with his drummer and that’s why I wore the TSOL shirt in the “Sweet Child O’ Mine” video. And I go “hey dude” his name was Roach, and I said; ”Roach what’s happenin’ man, how you doing man?” he said; “oh good, hanging out.” I said; “you got tickets, passes?” And he said; “no.” So I reach in my little hippie bag and give him tickets and passes. So I go: “Well where you going now?” And he goes: “I’m going to score some dope!” And I did heroin one time before with Izzy and Slash and I was never so sick in my whole life. And ahhh, this was like, 3-4 years later again, I didn’t even think about it and totally forgot how sick I did get. And I said; “ahh, here, you know, here is twenty bucks, get me a little bit too. “ And then I did it, and I didn’t get sick. And that’s when I walked in and Steven Tyler saw me. And that’s when it, Oh God…

MS: That was the change?

SA: Ohh man, that, umm, that was the saddest day of my life.

MS: We give you a year and you tell us what you remember. This is called Memory Lane, are you ready...

SA: Hold on. (Stevens coughing). Hold on I’m smoking a joint (more coughing)

1982 = Having sex with this amazing hot chick on the top of Vicki Hamilton’s apartment. And she was so fine, my kind of girl, dark hair, beautiful, but she didn’t shave under her arms.

1985 = Umm, just playing around the clubs, having girls, you know, take care of me and shit, knowing a lot of strippers.

1987 = Finally being able to travel around the world.

1989 = God, being so fucking happy, driving my Mercedes around with my fucking stereo on, and the top down. And I’d drive down Sunset Boulevard man and people just yelling; “Hey Stevie what’s happening?” That was great!

1992 = Umm, going over to this club that use to be called Peanuts on Santa Monica but it wasn’t called Peanuts then, it was something else I don’t remember. At first I went there a month earlier, and I was standing in line and the door guy recognizes me, and says: “Dude, Stevie you don’t have to wait in line.” And he walked me right in. And then like after ’92 I wasn’t in the band anymore and I went there, and the guy told me I got to go wait in line with everybody else.

(Note: This is the same club where Riki Rachtmen's Bordello was held every Thursday night. It's also a club that hosts gay, and transgendered nights.)

1995 = Was there a 1995? God, uhh, well after ’92 I really couldn’t tell you much up til, ahh (long pause) what, maybe, ’99?

1998 = (long pause and stuttering) I don’t know, I think I came out of a coma? (Steven’s giggling a bit as he says this)

2000 = I started getting my shit together, moved to Las Vegas, and ahh, (pauses) and I started working again.

2002 = Ahh, I was working and been to Europe, fucking, and, ahh, happy as fucking all hell.

2005 = Oh man, been to Europe twice, it was amazing, wonderful, having the greatest time, except for that I found out my old, my band was fucking with me and taking advantage of me, and the wife, the wife I had (long pause) was not very-very kind, and umm, had too much time off. Had about 4 months off, and I didn’t like it one bit.

MS: Okay, now our next question.

SA: Wait, you didn’t do 2006?

MS: You wanna do 2006, okay let’s go.

2006 = I’ve never been happier in my life, having, having, ahh, a relationship with such a great bunch of guys. That, we all love and want to do, the same thing.

MS: Word Association: We mention a name and you tell us what comes to your mind?

Johnie Teagarden = Ahh, Johnie Teagarden, I don’t know? Playing darts.

MS: Do you remember her?

SA: No.

MS: She was a manager and was friends with Del James and all the guys?

SA: Ohh, Del, no, I’ve known Del James, and Wes Arkeen and all those boys, but I was friends with them, but Duff & Axl were really best friends with them. I, that was just a hell house and the whole band would hang there. I was just too busy having sex with girls in different rooms.

MS: You mean Johnie’s house was the hang out?

SA: What, ahh, no, Del James and Wes Arkeen’s house off of Santa Monica Boulevard.

MS: Okay, so let’s go onto the next name.

Vicky Hamilton = Wonderful lady, I was, (pauses) I had not one thing to do

with her not being a part of the band, after we got signed, because she got us signed. And I wanted her to be a part of it, it was not my idea, and I did not have enough say so in it, for it not to happen. Awesome woman. And the last day we stayed at her apartment, me and Axl got in a fight, and just destroyed it.

MS: (Laughing)

SA: Oh yeah, he threw me into the fire extinguisher thing, and then I pushed him onto the glass coffee table. And you should’ve seen that fucker blow up.

MS: Axl or the glass?

SA: Ahh, the glass. Oh yeah, we got into good fights man, we just destroyed, I mean, the TV, holes in the wall. And then, you know of course we’d show, that we, Axl goes, we’d hug and kiss each other and he said; “Dude sorry man. Hey it’s just you know,” and I’d say: “hey dude, I love you too, don’t worry about it. Let’s go do our show. “

Duff McKagan = Umm, God, one of the greatest guys I’ve ever met. And one badass motherfucker. I wouldn’t want to fight with him. He is one of the greatest guys.

Davy Vain = I Love Davy Vain. He is one of the most greatest guys, I lived with, he let me rent one of his rooms out, ahh, 4-5 different times. The most wonderful guy, we had a band called Roadcrew that we put together and man those songs, he is just an amazing song writer, and I would love to play with him again. In fact this European tour, I wanted Vain to come with us, and open up for us. Yeah, I had that band with Jamie Scott, Ashley Mitchell, Davy Vain, and I, wonderful guys, and amazing song writers. Davy’s been very good to me, very good friend to me. He helped me out, and took care of me, a very good friend.

Steven with a mullet? And Davy Vain!

Jizzy Pearl = Who’s Jizzy Pearl?

Izzy Stradlin = Besides Steven Tyler, ahh, the coolest mother fucker on this planet. The most wonderful fuckin’ man and they don’t come any cooler – than Izzy. Well, besides Steven Tyler.

Todd Crew = God he was such a great guy man, we had a lot of fun man. Dude, he was, (pause) God bless Todd Crew, I loved that man. Man if I was there, with him and Slash in New York man, I, ahh, he wouldn’t be dead, I would’ve made, I would’ve kicked his ass back alive. He was so cool, he was just a good guy, and he was like a hardcore looking rocker James Dean. You know what I mean? James Dean was all cool and slick looking? But Todd was like, Dude he was the hardest rocker looking dude, but he was just as cool as James Dean.

Andy McCoy = God I loved Andy. And I hated his fucking wife man that piece of shit whore.

(Note: Steven’s answer was a little inaudible at first and it sounded like

Steven said: “I hated his fucking – Mike man, that piece of shit whore. “)

MS: Michael Monroe you mean?

SA: No, no, I love Michael Monroe. Andy McCoy’s wife.

MS: Ohh, Andy McCoy’s wife was named what?

SA: I’m not going to mention her name.

MS: Okay, you said you loved Andy, but hated Mike?

SA: No I said I loved Andy McCoy man, he is wonderful except for I hate

his "wife. "

MS: Oh, you hate his wife, oh, okay?

SA: That piece of shit whore.

MS: And you love Mike Monroe too?

SA: Oh, Mike’s great. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he gives a good blow job too let me

tell you.

MS: (laughing)

SA: He said I wasn’t too bad either.

Del James = He’s a cool mother fucker, very talented, very talented. Good man, very, very smart.

Slash = (takes a deep breath and pauses) He’s my Indian blood brother, and you know what that means right?

Steven & Slash in happier times!

MS: Yep, you guys cut your wrists when you were little kids, and put them together to let blood exchange.

SA: Yes, exactly. And I’ll always love him, and I miss him, and I’m gonna kick his little fanny when I see him. All these bands he puts together, after he doesn’t say anything about them throwing me out, he never even gives me a chance to play even one song on the records. I mean not even, you know, call me and ask me to be a part of the band.

MS: To be a guest or something?

SA: But, not even, dude, not even calling me to play, to be the drummer in the band, hurt me bad enough, but not even to come in and play one song.

MS: You sound sad when you talk…

SA: But see, but see, but see he’s a, he’s an asshole. But see I don’t mean that in a bad way. Because even when we were kids, when we were eleven, twelve, thirteen years, he was an asshole then. But, that, but he’s the coolest guy. But, that’s how he has to be successful. If you want to be successful you can’t be a nice guy.

Duff, Slash, Axl, Steven & Izzy - once had each others back!

MS: You sound sad when you talk about all the guys. Obviously, I mean even after twenty years, you still have it in your heart. You are part of that band. The Uzi Suicide E.P. came out twenty years ago. You were an equal part of Guns n’ Roses when they made it, you were all very important factors in this band.

SA: And, and we all loved, respected, and were a real family. And had each others backs, we believed in each other. And, I don’t know, it couldn’t be money – cause that would be ridiculous, cause we were making millions of dollars. It couldn’t have been that the money got in the way; I know that drugs had a lot to do with, but we were all doing it together. I was just, that was my whole life. Like I said me and Slash, that’s all we dreamed of. Right when we get to the very top, they kicked me in the, as high as you can pretty much get, in success they kicked me in the head and they said it’s over for me. That was very hurtful, they, the guys meant everything in the world to me.

MS: So, if it wasn’t greed, or money, or drugs, so then it was control?

SA: Control what? Everything was running smoothly. The only problems we ever had, was Axl would fucking, come out in front of 20,000 people, play a half a song, throw the mic down and leave. And we put up with that. And I still had his back on it.

The Red Head Chili Peppers?

MS: But Axl became a control freak, at one point he even kicked out Duff and Slash and went his own way with other people.

SA: I, I, (long pause), yeah, I always, for me, I know myself, I know Slash too cause we always talked about, we could’ve been like Aerosmith, like the Stones. Dude they’ve been together 30-40 fucking years. And there was no reason…

Part III is even more personal and revealing. Here are a few select quotes from the final part of this extensive and most in depth interview.

"Axl calls me up and says he’s coming over with a shotgun to kill me."

"God, I haven’t cried in so long. I wanna cry so bad dude, you have no idea. I haven’t cried in so long, I know whenever I think of Freddie Mercury from Queen, that will make me cry."

"Umm, I smoked a little rock about 2 months ago."

"So there was a couple times I’d walk down the street and I got a blow job

from some guy."

Unlike the rest of the GnR interviews that have been floating around for the past decade plus, this one has the dirt. Not horse shit like: "People will hear music this year." Attached to a photo from a party. Big fucking whoop.

Metal Sludge

Use Sludge Illusion II

Last Updated ( 01/23/06 )

SOURCE:

Metalsludge

URL:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...d=1138&Itemid=1