I want to appeal!

W. Axl Kev

I recieved a warning for posting a joke. It was clearly a joke and no one could have possibly thought I was trying to say it was a real article. Hence I posted at the bottom, 'This is a joke - I made it up'. Instead of being warned couldn't 2 things have happened?

1) A mod changed the title.

2) Moved it to Anything Goes.

Also, I was not bashing the band or anything - It was merely a joke based on current events about how the media take everything out of context.

So this is my case - It was not fair!

There's no point in arguing. Even if you are in the right, warnings are 99.99% final.

But not 100%. That 0.01% matters to me. I just want a justified reason why I was warned. I guess I cannot question the mods... but I'm gonna. Why was I warned? You cannot warn a guy for having a joke? Forums are for fun right? So why can't we have fun. I think the suitable thing to do was send it to Anything Goes. :angry:

There's no point in arguing. Even if you are in the right, warnings are 99.99% final.

not true

Please tell me one time where someone got a warning overturned?

They don't overturn warnings, simple as that. You just gotta live with them ;)

By the way Kev, mate, be careful with what you say...

Edited by Guest

Y'know, the proper thing to do here is to send a PM to the admin or madison - not to make a topic in the open forum.

Topics like this drastically reduces your chances of having anything done.

Also - Kev - I saw a post where you said you don't think the mods like you much. Honestly mate, it's not true - you just make a lot of topics you shouldn't make. Here's another example.

Just stick the rules bro, you're a good poster. ;)

Haven't I the right to a fair trial? I have stuck to the rules. I've read the rules plenty times and I still cannot find one that I have broken.

I'm not really bothered about the mods, I usually think they are cool. But why oh why would I get warned for something that began a discussion on how the media take things Axl say out of context. I have to appeal my case or nothing will be done. I will accept this warning when I am shown the rule that I broke.

vr_slash_duff... Nick whoever the hell you are. Because i'm not one of these 'hardcore' against the rules guys like yourself and W Axl Rose doesn't make me a crybaby. It's an internet forum mate - Stop trying to be hardcore and grow up ya muppet! :fuckyou:

Haven't I the right to a fair trial? I have stuck to the rules. I've read the rules plenty times and I still cannot find one that I have broken.

Don't turn it into a soap opera. You got a warning for posting something in the wrong section - maybe it was a little harsh, but you've got it now, so deal with it.

I have to appeal my case or nothing will be done. I will accept this warning when I am shown the rule that I broke.

No, no - nothing will be done when you 'appeal your case' in the manner you have. Like I said - PM an admin, don't make a topic about it. Posting topics reduces your chances of having something done.

If they say no, then swallow it down and accept it. Geez, stop whinging about it dude. If you don't break the rules again, then you won't get another warning and it won't matter.

It's an internet forum mate

Exactly. Remember that. ;)

If we allowed every joker and wannabe-comedian to post false stories about GNR - as a "joke" - in the main GNR discussion section, we wouldn't have much of a forum left. I'm sure you can understand how this could become a problem as members would never know what is true and what is false. We go to great lengths to ensure the "news" that is posted in the main GNR discussion section is accurate.

This is why we ask people to post jokes in the Anything Goes section.

Forum rule 5:

5) Do not knowingly post false or misleading stories about the band in the main GNR discussion section.

And here's the link to the forum rules:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry160400