Ok, C.D isn't being mastered.. but what is???

jvitale2004

I also didn't believe George had the full project Chinese Democracy for mastering when I first seen that pic of his "current projects."

However, what if Axl sent him 2-3 tracks that are being considered for DaVinci Code or some other soundtrack? Or what if Axl sent him some tracks to see how George's mastering would sound before Axl decides to ship him the whole project.

I don't think a professional would just make up they got something on Nov.17th just for bullshit purposes on his site.

Your thoughts?

The previous thread was locked prematurely in my opinion. Yes, Merck confirmed C.D was not in mastering production.

However, no one asked him if a track or two was sent over there for various reasons.

Grimo,

Do you think Axl would just give up a raw track to the Da Vinci Code people for mastering?? Common now, you know Axl is a control freak and he would want it produced/mastered his way.

It could be GH2, or 2000 Intentions, or like you said, a song for a soundtrack. But why cant it be CD? Because Merck told Madison no? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: You guys act like Merck's gonna tell Madison the location of the holy grail, Noah's Arc, Planet X, and what the secret of life is. Get Real!! He isn't gonna tell her shit. The sooner you stop thinking Madison is "in the know", the better off you'll be. This current environment of everyone thinking this very select group of people in the GNR online community know something is bullshit. They know just as much as we do: NOTHING! They just play this little game, and all of you keep playing along. When does everyone grow some balls or gather enough courage within themselves and say "enough is enough?"

The previous thread was locked prematurely in my opinion. Yes, Merck confirmed C.D was not in mastering production.

However, no one asked him if a track or two was sent over there for various reasons.

Grimo,

Do you think Axl would just give up a raw track to the Da Vinci Code people for mastering?? Common now, you know Axl is a control freak and he would want it produced/mastered his way.

I think he'd have done a song for them. DVC people would surely want all songs together when they master the final version. If its not CD, which I think Merck wouldnt know just like we wouldnt, and its probably not GH2, it may well be DVC stuff. But im guessin that artists dont usually complete a song by themselves before givin their final version to the soundtrack people. Why make exceptions for Axl?

If anyone knows how a soundtrack assembley works and im wrong then please correct me, but it makes sense to me that all songs are received and then mastered together etc.

Grimo.

Something by guns n roses got submitted for mastering, or was going to be at the time his website got updated.

Marino is a world class mastering engineer who works with world famous artists on a regular basis. There's no reason why he would make it up. It's not that big a deal to him to be mastering a guns n roses record.

Yeah the other thread was ridiculous. The flaming of the website that posted the news was completely out of order as were Merck's pitiful comments. He acts like a 12 year old spoilt brat at times, and is not beyond criticism.

Until Marino himself responds to one of the 13,000,000 emails he will have received since yesterday will we know more.

Merck cannot be trusted and people taking his word for anything is reckless. He does what Axl wants him to and what he sees will give them the best commercial advantage. If it was CD being mastered there is not a cats in hells chance he would admit that to the randoms who claim to know him on here.

I think its still very likely that GNR material is currently being mastered.

It could be GH2, or 2000 Intentions, or like you said, a song for a soundtrack. But why cant it be CD? Because Merck told Madison no? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: You guys act like Merck's gonna tell Madison the location of the holy grail, Noah's Arc, Planet X, and what the secret of life is. Get Real!! He isn't gonna tell her shit. The sooner you stop thinking Madison is "in the know", the better off you'll be. This current environment of everyone thinking this very select group of people in the GNR online community know something is bullshit. They know just as much as we do: NOTHING! They just play this little game, and all of you keep playing along. When does everyone grow some balls or gather enough courage within themselves and say "enough is enough?"

Good post and I agree. With all due respect to Madison I have to agree that if he didn't want her to know that CD is in fact being mastered he's simply not going to tell her. We have a highyl professional, world class company that has GnR is their que which would seem virtually impossible that someone put it up as a joke. So we ask: what is being mastered? If you followed darknemus's comments in the locked thread it's painfully obvious that it is likely CD. To offer a point of criticism toward Madison I find it is highly arrogant of her to have locked that thread based on Merck's reply. It's as if we live and die on the words of Merck. It doesn't seem right.

Which is why I created this thread, it's been long established that nobody knows shit about Gnr, and nothing is going to be happening until Axl says so, to think a professional company like that would blatantly decieve Gnr fans by posting they recieved "something" on their site is moronic.

Flat out, the company recieved some materical gnr related, whether or not it is C.D. is debatable, in my opinion it might have just been a few songs for Axl to review so he could get an idea of how the mastering will sound, or it was 1 track that is to be used for a single/movie soundtrack.

Axl stated last week, C.D has nearly 26 songs completed, so I don't think George got 13 tracks.

I do agree with someone who posted that Axl's all of a sudden public appearance was staged and planned too... their was an ulterior motive behind that appearance...

Whatever the case may be:

1. There was no need to attack Madison. She was only delivering a message from Merck. That doesn't mean what he says is the end all- be all. Take the comments as you wish. She never said this is how it is, she was just reporting a finding from what should be a credible source.

2. Just because Merck says something, it shouldn't be 100% believed. The same Madison basher said Merck won't reveal where the holy grail is, which is more likely than him telling anyone the truth about where CD is in its production process. Just like when Dizzy says 'I know as much as you do.' It's called dodging the question. Of course he knows more than us, he's in the fucking band! Duh! Back to Merck, '2005 will be the year of Axl Rose'. Case closed.

3. This guy isn't going to put something on his website if it didn't exist. Personally, I don't think anyone really realized that this info was posted up on there until recently. How long has it been up? Since November? I bet the info goes away in the next couple of days as the GNR camp scrambles to cover up their tracks. All indications point to a surprise release of this thing... maybe not as big a surprise as the whole Christmas release many of us dreamed up, including me, but a surprise none-the-less. I find it ironic how this dude claims he got whatever he's working on in November, which was the same time CD popped up on Amazon. As for it being just a single, why would he need three or four months or longer to master a single. That's something he can probably do all before lunch.

4. Something was submitted. Obviously. A scrapped GH2? Maybe. Nobody ever said GH2 was a BS rumor. Slash himself talked about working toward getting that done... so if I had to guess, it is/was GH2. If not, it wasn't a single. If you want to believe in a March release of CD, you should lean toward it being CD itself.

If that info goes away at this point though, I'd be suspicious. It would mean the GNR camp asked him to take that info down or 'hide' it.

Finally, I wouldn't bombard that guy himself with emails about what it is he's working on. He doesn't update his website personally. He's not going to offer any of us 'commoners' the time of day much less what he's working on. Chances are, that whole company knows what he's working on. Somebody should go wine and dine a secretary or bribe the webmaster for info. You're better off getting info that way.

1. There was no need to attack Madison. She was only delivering a message from Merck. That doesn't mean what he says is the end all- be all. Take the comments as you wish. She never said this is how it is, she was just reporting a finding from what should be a credible source.

Good post, Matt. One minor quibble however. In a sense Madison did say "this is how it is" by locking that thread and stopping the discussion. She in essence said "this is the answer, it's a fact, this discussion is over." She's no longer just a messenger when she locks the thread. That's where I think Madison (with all due respect) starts to get a little political when she acts as a funnel like this. One could assertain that Merck would likely appreciate the discussion be shut down and Madison sensing that then becomes less a conduit and more a political player when she does it.

Edited by Old School

Good post, Matt. One minor quibble however. In a sense Madison did say "this is how it is" by locking that thread and stopping the discussion. She in essence said "this is the answer, it's a fact, this discussion is over." She's no longer just a messenger when she locks the thread. That's where I think Madison (with all due respect) starts to get a little political when she acts as a funnel like this. One could assertain that Merck would likely appreciate the discussion be shut down and Madison sensing that then becomes less a conduit and more a political player when she does it.

I think the latter here applies (and thank you BTW... I enjoy your posts as well). If anything she's doing it out of respect for Merck. They obviously have a professional relationship in a way and by killing off what he 'says' is BS, it keeps the dialogue between them open and at least cordial. Think of it this way... put yourself in Merck's shoes. You have a relationship with this girl that runs a GNR forum, feeding her some info and confirming or denying rumors and what not from time to time. She goes to him with: "There is a rumor that Axl had dick implants". I know, weird, but just using it as an example. Maddy wouldn't take that to Merck... just bear with me here. She would come back here and say "Merck denied the claim as FALSE." She then locks the thread out of respect for the relationship she has with Merck in order not to jeopardize that relationship, which I'm sure is delicate.

Keep in mind, I could be way off base here. For all I know, Merck and Madison are shacking up together and getting a laugh from this right now in front of their iMac screen. If that's the case, I would be devastated as I have secretly had huge crush on Madison and hope to marry her one day... but that's beside the point. Chances are she just locked the last thread just because that's normal protocol when Merck puts his meat on the table.

That's my bet.

PS- Madison, I'll be in NYC all weekend... gonna go see Wicked or The Producers tomorrow with the old lady and some friends... then to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and other places Sunday. If you wanna say hello, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my digits.

Ok, I asked Merck why Mr. Marino lists an "unreleased album" from GNR on his "current projects" list. I asked if individual tracks had been sent to him - possibly for use on a soundtrack.

Merck said "No." He added, "He's just doing catalogue digital archiving for us."

He elaborated further by stating that Marino was ''converting old masters for the digital age."

So, I asked if this was related to the rumored release of another "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album. He said, "no."

I would like to emphasize that Merck has always been honest with me. He has never lied about anything I've asked. In the past, if a rumor was true (such as the Buckethead departure one) and he wasn't ready to verify it, he just didn't respond. But he has never lied.

Ok, I asked Merck why Mr. Marino lists an "unreleased album" from GNR on his "current projects" list. I asked if individual tracks had been sent to him - possibly for use on a soundtrack.

Merck said "No." He added, "He's just doing catalogue digital archiving for us."

He elaborated further by stating that Marino was ''converting old masters for the digital age."

So, I asked if this was related to the rumored release of another "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album. He said, "no."

I would like to emphasize that Merck has always been honest with me. He has never lied about anything I've asked. In the past, if a rumor was true (such as the Buckethead departure one) and he wasn't ready to verify it, he just didn't respond. But he has never lied.

Thats a much better response. He should have given that when asked first time and not had a hissy fit at a fan site.

So after 14 years off they are spending thousands upon thousands digitally archiving irrelevant material? Cool. :rofl-lol:

Thats a much better response. He should have given that when asked first time and not had a hissy fit at a fan site...

What are you talking about? Merck has always been straight forward.

The only person having a "hissy fit" is the person who started this thread because he didn't believe Merck the first time.

And since the mastering rumor has now been confirmed - for the second time - to be false, this thread will be locked.