GnR Inspirations

Guns N Roses have inspired many people over the years

Saul Hudson's completely unique guitar style will never be matched but many will try, he's inspired me to start playing

Michael McKagan's extreme bass line's have inspired some of the greatest ive heard

Matt Sorum's amazing skill has landed him in the best

Jeff Isbell's awesome rhythem's can not be explained

and we wont forget William Bailey's voice, it changes in many ways and ive heard none like it, ive heard alot of cover bands try to match it but well honestly they were horrible, they simply "sucked"

Saul Hudson's completely unique guitar style will never be matched but many will try, he's inspired me to start playing

Michael McKagan's extreme bass line's have inspired some of the greatest ive heard

and we wont forget William Bailey's voice, it changes in many ways and ive heard none like it, ive heard alot of cover bands try to match it but well honestly they were horrible, they simply "sucked"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slash's "unique" playing, hell no, he really does sound alot like clapton, and there are many many better guitarists than Slash.

Duff was a terrible bassist, with medicore basslines

Sorum was an alright drummer, but by no means great.

Izzy was an average guitarist at best, he excelled in songwriting though.

Axl, well, each to his own on his voice.

My opinions, but yeah, Guns N' Roses didn't make a huge impact and have really influenced little.

Edited by johnezz

Pfff, guns are probably the biggest band to have influenced next to no-one.

Slash is a great guitar player, but not particularly inventive, hes like jeff beck on speed, and not very influential in this day and age.

The stuff about basslines is embarassing, go get a reality check.

Slash is a great guitar player, but not particularly inventive, hes like jeff beck on speed, and not very influential in this day and age.

Ok yeha i don't give Slash enough credit, i spose i'm just fed up of little fan boys on this forum thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. Slash is defantly good, not the greatest though.

Ok yeha i don't give Slash enough credit, i spose i'm just fed up of little fan boys on this forum thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. Slash is defantly good, not the greatest though.

I agree. There are plenty of guitarists better than him. Still a very cool looking guy though :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slash's "unique" playing, hell no, he really does sound alot like clapton, and there are many many better guitarists than Slash.

Duff was a terrible bassist, with medicore basslines

Sorum was an alright drummer, but by no means great.

Izzy was an average guitarist at best, he excelled in songwriting though.

Axl, well, each to his own on his voice.

My opinions, but yeah, Guns N' Roses didn't make a huge impact and have really influenced little.

hahahahahaha finally gnr are getting the shit on a gnr message board hahahaha.

so true

there still a good band.

Thats a really good point. How many bands now seem influenced by GNR. Its probably coz they ended hair metal and then grunge came along and started a million bands

Maybe its also because new bands seem to get more respect by being compared to Aerosmith

Thats a really good point. How many bands now seem influenced by GNR. Its probably coz they ended hair metal and then grunge came along and started a million bands

Maybe its also because new bands seem to get more respect by being compared to Aerosmith

You could say Gn'R destroyed 80's metal

Yeah Slash is good.. not nearly an "amazing" player though. He's amazingness lies in the fact that he's cool as hell, and IMO a great stage musician.

I'd have to agree with Johnezz here, except for what he said about Sorum - to me, he sounds like a stock session player and nothing more. Booooring!

The thing that Slash was good at was bringing blues/rock into mainstream again. It was nothing new, but just wasn't being done much back then. He brought a bit of integrity back to guitar playing amidst a sea of shred crazy EVH wannabes.

And although Izzy was never really an amazing guitarist, I always liked his style and how it fitted with Slash's. Punchy stacatto chords for rhythm with legato phrases played over the top courtesy of Slash. What a great mix.

Slash never had the feeling Stevie Ray Vaughn had or has.

Slash does however play great laidback solos.

But his fast stuff is at best OK.

How many songs besides YCBM did really Slash excell with with mean guitar skills?

That is when it comes to playing mean fast. The rest of the stuff is just good. Not superb.

There are better riffmakers in the industry. Slash stole the well known Paradise City riff,

and there aren´t any other riffs that have landed him any fame besides SCOM.

That happened to be a BALLADE. Let´s face it, slash is a soft rocker ;) hehe

Izzy is a great songwriter, not a player. He could make the melodies and some chord progressions to go along.

Duff indeed was just an OK bass player at the best.

Not to sound like an idiot, But Axl is the guy who made the band.

Even though he was offpitch 80% of all the time while singing. He made his way with attitude, style and being the true rock n roll God that he was.

Sorum was an anchor who made it all come true.

Adler was prolly more on the feeling side. He wasn´t as tight and "good" as Sorum.

But sorum had a hefty sound with alot of balls to it. Though in many ppls eyes he was a bit boring at times.

Sorum was a healthy addition to GNR.

Edited by Millmoor

You could say Gn'R destroyed 80's metal

I don't know. I think they were one of the few 80s hair metal bands who made it out of the decade having got credibility in mainstream rock. One of the very few.

And maybe they have had more of a delayed impact on the music scene. It may just be my imagination, but there seem to be lots more up and coming bands at the moment noting GN'R among their major influences.