Video to Audio

kevdo242

Heres the scenario, after watching the Pink Floyd The Wall movie, I find the movie version of 'Mother' better than the album version.

So how would I be able to get this version in audio? Sorry, I'm a noob to these things.

Or has anyone got it already and could send it via PM?

Interesting question. I'm curious to the answer too. I'd love to get an audio of the 2002 VMA's onto my mp3. If someone has just an audio of that show that would be great but can you convert video files into just audio?

Interesting question. I'm curious to the answer too. I'd love to get an audio of the 2002 VMA's onto my mp3. If someone has just an audio of that show that would be great but can you convert video files into just audio?

Here's the audio of the 2002 VMA's:

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11QQ3LU...FG1T0Q9DPHBVTJF

Here's the audio of the 2002 VMA's:

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11QQ3LU...FG1T0Q9DPHBVTJF

Thankyou very much! :)

Now back to the original question, can you convert video files to audio?

Ah, that old girl - i encoded that :krider:

Yes you can. I use Adobe Audition for this task. You simply select the video file and it extracts the audio.

I'm sure there are other programs out there for this. You can do it with basic video editing programs.

R.

Ah, that old girl - i encoded that :krider:

Yes you can. I use Adobe Audition for this task. You simply select the video file and it extracts the audio.

I'm sure there are other programs out there for this. You can do it with basic video editing programs.

R.

Lets say I wanted to rip the audio from um..the Eric Clapton Crossroad Guitar Festival :D

Would this program (Adobe Audition) be able to know when the song starts and ends. Also which songs are which. Hopefully you get me.. ? Or would I have to manually choose where the song starts and end it when it actually ends. I suck at these things too..

:)

Would this program (Adobe Audition) be able to know when the song starts and ends. Also which songs are which. Hopefully you get me.. ? Or would I have to manually choose where the song starts and end it when it actually ends. I suck at these things too..

Well, you'd have to rip the audio from the whole video. Then in Audition you will see the sound as a waveform - so you can see where each track starts and finishes very quickly. You can then select the selection you want and then save the selection you want.

R.

Well, you'd have to rip the audio from the whole video. Then in Audition you will see the sound as a waveform - so you can see where each track starts and finishes very quickly. You can then select the selection you want and then save the selection you want.

R.

How about the little bits in between performances when musicians speak? Would it "detect" everything, or just the actual music?

R.

How about the little bits in between performances when musicians speak? Would it "detect" everything, or just the actual music?

I'm pretty sure you'd have to start and stop it manually, or leave it playing the whole time and split it up afterwards.