Which 80's "Metal" do you like better?

johnezz

Which 80's "Metal" do you like better?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

damn... this was one hard poll.. jesus.

when it came down to it though, i voted for nwobhm because of my love for maiden and grim reaper AND the number of more obscure bands nwobhm spawned such as witchfinder general, pentagram, etc.

always loved slayer, early anthrax, megadeth, etc. though.

just recently too, starting to like a lot of 'glam' bands of the 80s. cinderella, kix, etc.

good poll though.

Interesting results.

I'll put 2 extra cents in.

Thrash was great IMO because it was a rebellion against pop culture and basically said "fuck you" to what the pop scene called "Metal", meaning the hair bands. While glam bands were doing thier hair and make-up Thrash bands were out in the clubs belting out music at 11 volume and not giving a fuck about their image or what people thought about them.

But really, Maiden were a much cooler band IMO with kick ass music, they combined influences of Punk and then meshed it with influences of British early Metal, and a little bit progressive thrown in for good measure. They are unbeatible live, Live after Death & Rock in Rio are the two greatest live Metal albums without a doubt.

Band's like Metallica and Maiden were making albums as just that, albums, they weren't making a CD with a collection of songs on it.

Band's like Metallica and Maiden were making albums as just that, albums, they weren't making a CD with a collection of songs on it.

great line. you're right. the Illusions were "albums," too... monumental. I don't get how some people can say there was even a smidgen of "filler" on them. That is absolute bullshit.

Chinese Democracy is going to be the next TRUE "album (well, let's not forget Dance of Death or the next Maiden if it gets released first)."

fuckin god damnit. what the hell am i still doing up. jesus.

Don't know about admitting this in public - but I think Twisted Sister are WAY under-rated - especially their debut 'You can't stop rock 'n' Roll' - and their videos are too funny ... hair-do's aside!

The debut was under the blade. And yeah TS are wicked, saw them live a couple of months ago supporting alice cooper and they were amazing, blew alice away.

Stuff like Twisted Sister and early Def leppard I'm not sure where to class it, but I voted for NWOBHM, although a month ago I would have said hair metal.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Glam "metal" was one of the most shameful periods in rock history. Thrash was built from the underground and didn't give a fuck.