Songs that didn't grow on you...

off_the_track

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So Fine", sounds like some backstreet boys shit.....

"Bad Apples", boring

The first half of lies....not sold on Patience either. Overrated song.

Basically don't listen to any of the songs that were singles, radio friendly spoonfuls of sugar for the groupies. Except for YCBM & Garden of Eden.

Can't believe "Coma" was listed :o . Nonlinear and amazing.

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

i don't skip any. i enjoy all of them some more than others obviously. sometimes i would skip the first four on uyi2 just to get to get in the ring. lol. but thats it.

... no matter how hard you tried?

I find I always hit the 'skip' button on my CD player when 'my world' comes on - the only GNR song to date that I can't get on with.

Anyone else?

Kxxx

Yep, i can read the lyrics and appreciate them, but i cannot bear listening to that song, also back off bitch, anything goes, break down, you ain't the first.

Get In The Ring is the only song of theirs I loathe. Pointless machismo laden egotrip.

I'm guessing the reason people here don't like Silkworms and My World or Oh My God is because they are the supposed token "industrial" tracks. Is computerized/synth sounds despised on this forum?

Edited by Jabberwocky

especially The Blues.

Gimme a fucking break! The only way you could make such a statement is if you're a virgin that's never been in love.

worst joke i have ever heard. <_<<_<<_<

i hate all of the "new" songs either. so what?

and songs i skip on are- get in the ring, bad apples, your crazy (both), you aint the first, locomotive.

Wow! I know it's everyone's opinion, but I'm shocked by some of the songs mentioned because they are some of my faves...ex. Locomotive (this song ROCKS! one of those rare songs that I wish would never end), 14 Years & Dust N Bones (they both really show off how important Izzy was to the band), Breakdown (I always thought this was one of the most underrated by them...would have been cool to hear live!) and to also see YAT1st & Bad Apples listed so many times also causes me to scratch my head

Here's how I would list the "skipped" songs for each album:

LLAS: Reckless Life....I think Shadow Of Your Love should have been on this instead

AFD: Out Ta Get Me (I'm sure I'll get feedback for this 1...song's okay, I just don't think it has that special something like the other 11)

LIES: 1 in a 1,000,000 (does nothing for me)

UYI1: Back Off Bitch (they could have left this in the archives and recorded Dust In The Wind or Just Another Sunday instead)

UYI2: Too easy to list My World so I'll go with Shotgun Blues with BITR right behind it

TSI: New Rose & the "hidden track"

New Stuff: Has to be Silkworms and B&R

Okay, now it's your turn to rip me apart...lol