Songs that didn't grow on you...

off_the_track

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. My World and silkworms never grew on me...

But I also have a few (chockers) that I at first loved but then pretty fast realised that they weren't that great song after all. And those are

Mr. Brownstone (GnR most overrated tune)

Get in the ring (cool, but not so good)

...you could be mine (this is hard for me becuase when UYI2 just arrived this was maybe my favorite song ever.. but it get's really boring after a while.

And oh. Many of the songs from spagetti.. I don't even consider..

Jaberwocky wrote:

I'm guessing the reason people here don't like Silkworms and My World or Oh My God is because they are the supposed token "industrial" tracks. Is computerized/synth sounds despised on this forum?

I can't stand My World because of it's pseudo-rappiness - GNR is a ROCK BAND - rock bands can do ballads, but NOT BLOODY RAP!

...ahhh feel better after that, all kinda chilled :)

November Rain

Yes, November Rain. Was like finger nails on a chalk board the first time I heard it and it's just as bothersome today. I've tried, but it feels like an 8:56 root canal surgery...

please, kill yourselves :(

November Rain

Yes, November Rain. Was like finger nails on a chalk board the first time I heard it and it's just as bothersome today. I've tried, but it feels like an 8:56 root canal surgery...

yes i agree kill yourselfs

... no matter how hard you tried?

I find I always hit the 'skip' button on my CD player when 'my world' comes on - the only GNR song to date that I can't get on with.

Anyone else?

Kxxx

Me too - it's not really a GN'R track though as it doesn't even have a guitar in it!!! A complete waste of a track and a let down on what is otherwise the best album ever!

I find I always hit the 'skip' button on my CD player when 'my world' comes on - the only GNR song to date that I can't get on with.

Anyone else?

Kxxx

Me too - it's not really a GN'R track though as it doesn't even have a guitar in it!!! A complete waste of a track and a let down on what is otherwise the best album ever!

Anyone else?

Kxxx

November Rain

yes i agree kill yourselfs

Their taste must be poor if they think badly of November Rain. How can someone seriously think that?

get in the ring. it is a pointless ego trip and doesn't compare with any other songs on the album.

Yeah but the guitar is nice.

---------------------------------

ontopic: silkworms and my world, and some on spaghetti incident. I'm actually listening a lot to UYI I lately so bad apples is alright for me.

PP rock1

Mama Kin, Move To The City, Live And Let Die, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, My World would be the 1's i would always skip.

I don't understand why some people list some songs either but i guess it's personal taste, an opinion is like an asshole, evry1 has 1 after all... The ppl i dont get are the 1's who love EVERYTHING GnR. No you don't, every fan of every artist must dislike at least 1 song their artist, band has done. No band is 101% perfect after all, these fans are delusional :blink: