Do the new guys

The Volitan

At least they know Civil War, since they played it on soundcheck for the 01/01/01 Las Vegas show.

I for myself would love to hear Estranged in the future shows to be played!

How do you know that? :o How come they didn't play it during the sets :anger:

I would hope they know Think About You, they only played it everynight on the 2002 tour.

I wouldn't know. I don't like the new band I was just curious if they knew all of the GnR catalog.

So why the hell do you care then? They're great musicians and the old Gnr stuff are not exactly rocket science.

At least they know Civil War, since they played it on soundcheck for the 01/01/01 Las Vegas show.

I for myself would love to hear Estranged in the future shows to be played!

How do you know that? :o How come they didn't play it during the sets :anger:

It's fake, and from another show.

I'd love to hear estranged, someone in a review said that the new band played it at one of the Hong Kong shows but it was a shortened version, i haven't spotted the Hong kong shows in the download sections and the review might've been lying but if it is true will someone let me know??

I would hope they know Think About You, they only played it everynight on the 2002 tour.

I wouldn't know. I don't like the new band I was just curious if they knew all of the GnR catalog.

So why the hell do you care then? They're great musicians and the old Gnr stuff are not exactly rocket science.

Like I said, I was just curious. It's like would Axl ever ask them "You guys should learn Bad Apples" or something like. Or would they learn it since "they are GnR".

NOTE: I haven't slept in 20 hrs or so, so sorry if my sentences lack structure or whatever.

There're all high-quality musicians. If they've listened to them a few times in the last few years then they would probably be able to play most of them by ear. I'm sure they could pick up all the ones they haven't heard in a while within an hour or so.

I bet Izzy and Slash would struggle to remember some of the more obscure stuff that they haven't played since the recordings of the UYIs.

How about asking if Axl will know the lyrics to all the songs on the next tour. Over a decade after UYI was released and he still needed and autocue. :rolleyes:

That's different, it's not knowing the lyrics, it's remembering them. Playing to a crowd of 10,000 plus people, including a potential live recording puts you under a lot of pressure. I don't see what's wrong with that.

How about asking if Axl will know the lyrics to all the songs on the next tour. Over a decade after UYI was released and he still needed and autocue. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's not a twat who will listen to his OWN records everyday for the next 10 years.

The how do you explain how EVERY other singer in the world can seem to remember their own lyrics? Singers who have released 10-15 albums can seem to live without an autocue.

Edited by Takeshi

Do you think the new guys know all the old songs. Do you think they know old songs like "Think About You," "Bad Obsession," "Bad Apples>" You know, the more obscure GnR tunes?

Absolutely not.

In fact, that is why I think there was such an absence of UYI material on the aborted 2002 tour. Other than the singles, there wasn't much. And I think its because they never took the time to practice them and get them down pat.

Frankly, I think it sucks. I'm not saying they have to learn them all. Hell, even the old band rarely if ever did certain ones. But I think the new crew could have learned tunes like 'Double Talkin Jive', 'Civil War' or 'Perfect Crime'. Basically, songs that even the old played played pretty often.

why do you call them new?their been around almost as long as drughead potsmoking joke guitarst and Duff

You are such an assclown, and an embaressment to GN'R fans everywhere. If you want to bash the band, go find a Green Day forum, I'm sure their mental age will suit you fine.