AC/DC vs Bob Dylan

Yamisonic

Vote bitch  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People can go and listen to dylan if they want deep lyrics, but at the end of the day, what they really want is to get laid, thats why AC/DC are the best.

This post is exactly the same as the one highvoltageacdc posted in the AC/DC vs Pink Floyd thread! :o

EDIT:

But ... What the fuck? How does music get me laid?!

Lol, dont take it literally, basically it means AC/DC is fun, party music, which is the best type. People can listen to 'emotional music' if they want to 'connect' but what they actually want to do is rock, thats when you crank out the acca dacca

But ... Back In Black, Hell's Bells, Thunderstruck, some songs don't follow the rule at all.

Yeah, AC/DC is completely brainless, with incredible solos and playing ... But holy fuck, the lyrics are sometimes laughable. Too much AC/DC stresses you as well.

Both are great, but Dylan.

So that's your point of this poll? Both are great but AC/DC's lyrics sucks?

Sorry, but Im tired of these lame "Mozart vs. Metallica" polls....

Mozart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im going to say something and I might get SERIOUSLY flamed for it...but I used to love ACDC...nothing else was better

Hard rock all the way...i started listening to more GNR, bob dylan, the beatles, nirvana, pink floyd, led zeppelin, and a lot others and i came to the conclusion that ACDC is not good

the whole back in black record, EVERY fucking song is the same except for 'You Shook Me All Nite Long'.....a couple of them even are almost exactly identical with the guitar playing...it's as if they copied the notes over from one song to the other

every song is the same...bob dylan easily wins

ACDC seems like they make the same song over and over with just different lyrics....

i can listen to a couple of ACDC songs on the radio, but then I'm done with them for the rest of the month...i can't listen to a whole album of virtually the same song over and over...and i guess that is the type of music they play, but it aggravates me

what I love about GNR was how they varied a lot in the type of rock they made....of course AFD was all hard rock, but UYI's had a lot of rock voer a wide variety....almost as if they combined every type of rock into one album.....

variety goes a long way with me as far as music goes...you should always stick to your hard rock roots, but the same stuff gets pretty boring...and it's good to change up the different notes every once in a while and play it "different(i dont know what it means, but i know it's there)

just my opinion

Edited by 3rd Wheel

Ok im going to say something and I might get SERIOUSLY flamed for it...but I used to love ACDC...nothing else was better

Hard rock all the way...i started listening to more GNR, bob dylan, the beatles, nirvana, pink floyd, led zeppelin, and a lot others and i came to the conclusion that ACDC is not good

the whole back in black record, EVERY fucking song is the same except for 'You Shook Me All Nite Long'.....a couple of them even are almost exactly identical with the guitar playing...it's as if they copied the notes over from one song to the other

ACDC seems like they make the same song over and over with just different lyrics....

i can listen to a couple of ACDC songs on the radio, but then I'm done with them for the rest of the month...i can't listen to a whole album of virtually the same song over and over...and i guess that is the type of music they play, but it aggravates me

what I love about GNR was how they varied a lot in the type of rock they made....of course AFD was all hard rock, but UYI's had a lot of rock voer a wide variety....almost as if they combined every type of rock into one album.....

variety goes a long way with me as far as music goes...you should always stick to your hard rock roots, but the same stuff gets pretty boring...and it's good to change up the different notes every once in a while and play it "different(i dont know what it means, but i know it's there)

just my opinion

Dude you're my hero, that's exactly how I think. I also try to listen to a variety of different kinds of music, my friends bash me for it but as long as I'm cool, it's good.

One of the greatest posts ever, dude.

I prefer AC/DC , It's just my thing , love the tough , macho swagger of the music and it's whole vibe , it's style just conncets with me , straight ahead no bulshit rock , it may not be "intellectual" but it flat out cooks , yeah it may not have great variety , but when I listen to them that's exactly what I DON"T wanna hear , It'd kill me if they ever did some pany-waist ballad or "sensitive" acoustic song . Jhonna rules BTW !!

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I prefer AC/DC , It's just my thing , love the tough , macho swagger of the music and it's whole vibe , it's style just conncets with me , straight ahead no bulshit rock , it may not be "intellectual" but it flat out cooks , yeah it may not have great variety , but when I listen to them that's exactly what I DON"T wanna hear , It'd kill me if they ever did some pany-waist ballad or "sensitive" acoustic song . Jhonna rules BTW !!

"Ride On" was a ballad.

^ I suppouse , but I never really got that feel from it , It always struck me a just a more mellow based "western" style tune , it still retains it's tough vibe , I guess technically you'd call it a ballad but it's not y'know " sappy"

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
^ I suppouse , but I never really got that feel from it , It always struck me a just a more mellow based "western" style tune , it still retains it's tough vibe , I guess technically you'd call it a ballad but it's not y'know " sappy"

True, not sappy.

"Ride On" was a ballad.

Gotta read the lyrics to it as well though - it's hardly a 'pansy-waist' ballad.

AC/DC rock. You guys can listen to your pretentious crap all day, but I personally prefer ballsy rock n' roll. :shades:

"Ride On" was a ballad.

Gotta read the lyrics to it as well though - it's hardly a 'pansy-waist' ballad.

AC/DC rock. You guys can listen to your pretentious crap all day, but I personally prefer ballsy rock n' roll. :shades:

My my you're naiive, it's sweet.

I'd hardly call Dylan pretentious

just my opinion

Dude you're my hero, that's exactly how I think. I also try to listen to a variety of different kinds of music, my friends bash me for it but as long as I'm cool, it's good.

thanks dude...i love a compliment from someone who i respect on this forum as much as I respect you

and don't sell yourself short, I've read a few posts you've made that could be considered IMO as one of the best posts...whether in the 'funny as hell' category...or 'wow he's right, he's a genius' category...you've made a few in both rock2

"Ride On" was a ballad.

My my you're naiive, it's sweet.

I'd hardly call Dylan pretentious

I wasn't suggesting that Dylan is pretentious - it was a blanket statement for people bashing AC/DC.

AC/DC, the greatest band in the world

People can go and listen to dylan if they want deep lyrics, but at the end of the day, what they really want is to get laid, thats why AC/DC are the best.

Disagree 100% I see it the other way around: I listen to Bob because I don't give a shit bout getting laid. Bob is my god. He is simply the greatest songwriter the world has ever known. Sure "she told me to cum, but I was already there" is deep (*sarcasm*) but I don't listen to music that will 'get me laid,' I listen to music that stimulates my mind. Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy, but (shocker-alert) there are far more important things to me than getting sex.

For the Dylan fans: word on the street is he is currently in the studio wrapping up a new album, likely for a fall release. He will likely be announcing a tour shortly. MY guess is he'll make the announcement on his first XM Radio show. That's my guess anyway.

Disagree 100% I see it the other way around: I listen to Bob because I don't give a shit bout getting laid. Bob is my god. He is simply the greatest songwriter the world has ever known. Sure "she told me to cum, but I was already there" is deep (*sarcasm*) but I don't listen to music that will 'get me laid,' I listen to music that stimulates my mind. Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy, but (shocker-alert) there are far more important things to me than getting sex.

Ha. Good luck in college dude.

Umm.. Has anyone told how dumb/fake you sound saying "Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy"? :unsure:

It's all individual.. AC/DC, especially their live-performance, makes me things your Dylan can just dream about.. (And no, I haven't heard really enough Dylan to be fair but I couldn't make my point clear without intensifying the last part ^_^)

just my opinion

thanks dude...i love a compliment from someone who i respect on this forum as much as I respect you

and don't sell yourself short, I've read a few posts you've made that could be considered IMO as one of the best posts...whether in the 'funny as hell' category...or 'wow he's right, he's a genius' category...you've made a few in both rock2

rock2 Thanks a lot dude