AC/DC vs Bob Dylan

Yamisonic

Vote bitch  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AC/DC, the greatest band in the world

People can go and listen to dylan if they want deep lyrics, but at the end of the day, what they really want is to get laid, thats why AC/DC are the best.

Disagree 100% I see it the other way around: I listen to Bob because I don't give a shit bout getting laid. Bob is my god. He is simply the greatest songwriter the world has ever known. Sure "she told me to cum, but I was already there" is deep (*sarcasm*) but I don't listen to music that will 'get me laid,' I listen to music that stimulates my mind. Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy, but (shocker-alert) there are far more important things to me than getting sex.

Ha. Good luck in college dude.

To me, my education is way more important than getting laid, tell you the truth. I don't care if I get through college single all the way, I just want to get through college. My life doesn't revolve around getting laid. That's just hte way I always have been, am, and always will be as afar as I can tell.

People can go and listen to dylan if they want deep lyrics, but at the end of the day, what they really want is to get laid, thats why AC/DC are the best.

Disagree 100% I see it the other way around: I listen to Bob because I don't give a shit bout getting laid. Bob is my god. He is simply the greatest songwriter the world has ever known. Sure "she told me to cum, but I was already there" is deep (*sarcasm*) but I don't listen to music that will 'get me laid,' I listen to music that stimulates my mind. Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy, but (shocker-alert) there are far more important things to me than getting sex.

Umm.. Has anyone told how dumb/fake you sound saying "Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy"? :unsure:

It's all individual.. AC/DC, especially their live-performance, makes me things your Dylan can just dream about.. (And no, I haven't heard really enough Dylan to be fair but I couldn't make my point clear without intensifying the last part ^_^)

I don't give a shit if I sound fake. I don't care about getting laid. Anyone I know will tell you that. I go to youth group dances that are filled to the brim with really hot, easy girls and don't even try. I have never been one to care about my image or popularity, and I don't give a shit if I get laid, or if I look fake by not giving a shit. I'm not gonna be fake so that I look real.

As far as performance is concerned, fine, ACDC can run around like hell. Yeah. Great. Dylan is a different kind of show. Dylan is a religious revival for me. His shows and his music touch me on a deeper level than running around and spinning on the ground. He doesn't need to compensate for low-complexity, boring music by running around. The man is a lyrical genius, and the music is top-shelf. No music moves me mroe than that of Bob Dylan. His lyrics just strike a chord in me really deep inside. Even his most nonsensical lines out-genius ACDC by miles, and in the end that's what I go to a show for: the music they play, not the laps they run around the stage. Angus can duckwalk all he wants. Good for him. For me, though, I'll take the harmonica soloing, piano playing, rhaspy growling, spiritual performance of The Man: Bob Dylan.

Any questions? rock3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, my education is way more important than getting laid, tell you the truth. I don't care if I get through college single all the way, I just want to get through college. My life doesn't revolve around getting laid. That's just hte way I always have been, am, and always will be as afar as I can tell.

Umm.. Has anyone told how dumb/fake you sound saying "Maybe I'm not your average teenage guy"? :unsure:

It's all individual.. AC/DC, especially their live-performance, makes me things your Dylan can just dream about.. (And no, I haven't heard really enough Dylan to be fair but I couldn't make my point clear without intensifying the last part ^_^)

I don't give a shit if I sound fake. I don't care about getting laid. Anyone I know will tell you that. I go to youth group dances that are filled to the brim with really hot, easy girls and don't even try. I have never been one to care about my image or popularity, and I don't give a shit if I get laid, or if I look fake by not giving a shit. I'm not gonna be fake so that I look real.

As far as performance is concerned, fine, ACDC can run around like hell. Yeah. Great. Dylan is a different kind of show. Dylan is a religious revival for me. His shows and his music touch me on a deeper level than running around and spinning on the ground. He doesn't need to compensate for low-complexity, boring music by running around. The man is a lyrical genius, and the music is top-shelf. No music moves me mroe than that of Bob Dylan. His lyrics just strike a chord in me really deep inside. Even his most nonsensical lines out-genius ACDC by miles, and in the end that's what I go to a show for: the music they play, not the laps they run around the stage. Angus can duckwalk all he wants. Good for him. For me, though, I'll take the harmonica soloing, piano playing, rhaspy growling, spiritual performance of The Man: Bob Dylan.

Any questions? rock3

Okay. You might be "not your average teenage guy". I don't know you personally so I don't wanna get into it.

But what you are missing from my point is the first sentence, "It's all individual.", you look like trying to prove that Dylan is somehow a better artist than AC/DC.. You seem to be a really mature guy yet you don't seem to understand that it's all about opinions and personal taste where there isn't right or wrong..

sabre, :D^_^

Ok, i'm going to lay this down as I see it.

AC/DC are a rock n' roll band. Nothing more. They're absolute masters of their trade, have written some of the greatest riffs of all time, inspired thousands of youths to pick up guitars all around the world, have an extremely tight rhythm section, a frontman with buckets full of charisma and a guitarist with far too much energy.

Their live shows are amazing - they never miss a beat and they're considered one of the greatest live bands of all time.

They're not diverse. They never have been, and they never will be. They play one style of music, rock n' roll, and they do it better than anyone else does.

Bob Dylan is primarily a folk musician, however throughout his career he's ventured into a wide variety of other styles (country, blues, I think he's even done some jazz). He writes the greatest lyrics I have ever seen - it's seriously an art form for the guy. He's not about energy - he's all about touching his audience with his subject matter. He's probably one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century.

Bob Dylan is an amazing artist, and he's great at what he does. AC/DC lack his depth, but they play a different style of music which they've strived to perfect for the past 33 years.

My point is - there's no point trying to justify who's better. Both have set out to contribute to music in different ways and both should be recognised. They've got completely different musical goals and really have nothing to do with each other.

It comes down to personal preference. I prefer AC/DC, but I don't see them as being 'better' than Bob Dylan. By the same token, I don't see him as being 'better' than AC/DC. They're both better than each other at what they've set out to do.

It's just dumb trying to form an argument about the bands when they both have a different objective.

Ok lets all settle this arguement, they both suck. Now all kiss and make up, then engage in a wild naked orgy whilst lathered up in a two in one baby oil/moisteuiser.

Go on, you know you want to...

Edited by johnezz

AC/DC are a rock n' roll band. Nothing more. They're absolute masters of their trade, have written some of the greatest riffs of all time, inspired thousands of youths to pick up guitars all around the world, have an extremely tight rhythm section, a frontman with buckets full of charisma and a guitarist with far too much energy.

Their live shows are amazing - they never miss a beat and they're considered one of the greatest live bands of all time.

They're not diverse. They never have been, and they never will be. They play one style of music, rock n' roll, and they do it better than anyone else does.

Bob Dylan is primarily a folk musician, however throughout his career he's ventured into a wide variety of other styles (country, blues, I think he's even done some jazz). He writes the greatest lyrics I have ever seen - it's seriously an art form for the guy. He's not about energy - he's all about touching his audience with his subject matter. He's probably one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century.

Bob Dylan is an amazing artist, and he's great at what he does. AC/DC lack his depth, but they play a different style of music which they've strived to perfect for the past 33 years.

My point is - there's no point trying to justify who's better. Both have set out to contribute to music in different ways and both should be recognised. They've got completely different musical goals and really have nothing to do with each other.

It comes down to personal preference. I prefer AC/DC, but I don't see them as being 'better' than Bob Dylan. By the same token, I don't see him as being 'better' than AC/DC. They're both better than each other at what they've set out to do.

It's just dumb trying to form an argument about the bands when they both have a different objective.

Good analysis of a bad poll. I agree.

a bad poll.

Wtf?

It's simply a which you like better poll. All of these end up the same, with people hating each other and people looking far too deep in the "better" thing.

I made the poll because the only similarity they both have is that they sing in English.

Edited by Yamisonic

(shocker alert) Im in the same boat as well. I find that getting laid isnt all the important right now. and if i did, I would probably feel like a freak. :S

But Bob Dylan gets my vote. He wrote songs that counted, unlike ACDC. They write songs about how "big" their balls are, and how they had a great party. If you ask me, ACDC sucks more than you mom.

PCE

(shocker alert) Im in the same boat as well. I find that getting laid isnt all the important right now. and if i did, I would probably feel like a freak. :S

But Bob Dylan gets my vote. He wrote songs that counted, unlike ACDC. They write songs about how "big" their balls are, and how they had a great party. If you ask me, ACDC sucks more than you mom.

I like how you put that AC/DC don't count because they write immature songs like big balls, and then you put that they 'suck more than your mom'

IMO, a song can only stand on great lyrics for a few great listens, then it gets a bit mundane, youre not wowed at the lyrics anymore.

AC/DC's funk, swagger and rawkness will last forever though. \m/ :devil: \m/

good post....my preference is obviously Bob Dylan b/c (and no offense to any ACDC fans) I feel as though ACDC gets boring for me after a while....

just my opinion

Just one, do you get beaten up at school?

No. I don't know about your school, but mine doesn't have virginity checks. Groups of football players don't walk up, ask if you've had sex in the last week, and if not pummel your ass. I'm sorry if that happens at your school, but I seem to survive just fine without getting beaten up.

Any questions? rock3

Okay. You might be "not your average teenage guy". I don't know you personally so I don't wanna get into it.

But what you are missing from my point is the first sentence, "It's all individual.", you look like trying to prove that Dylan is somehow a better artist than AC/DC.. You seem to be a really mature guy yet you don't seem to understand that it's all about opinions and personal taste where there isn't right or wrong..

sabre, :D^_^

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to convince people one way or another. I'm just backing up my oppinions. Not too many people will argue that such philosophical lyrics as "He's got big balls, she's got big balls, I've got the biggest balls of them all" even so much as hold a candle to songs like It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (by far, I think, the greatest lyrical song ever written; it's a complex poem with insanely deep lyrics). The two are very different: Bob is about the music and the lyrics while ACDC are about the live performance and rocking out. I personally prefer the top-notch music and lyrics with a basic live show than the ACDC style of music with the crazy performance. I also get more out of Bob's shows than I do ACDC. ACDC will rock out, where Bob will hit a deeper chord.

I really don't mean to try to sound like I'm trying to force my oppinions on people, I'm just anticipating and answering the questions I always get when I say that I like Bob's live shows better than ACDC's, because I know I'd instantly get "WTF?! Bob just stands there and Angus runs and Brian this and blablablabla."

a bad poll.

I made the poll because the only similarity they both have is that they sing in English.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense... :rolleyes: Well, I hope you got something out it but IMHO i find it rather pointless.

Then most polls here are pointless. All I want to get out of here is to see what band do people prefer. And get a nice discussion in the way.

a bad poll.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense... :rolleyes: Well, I hope you got something out it but IMHO i find it rather pointless.

And get a nice discussion in the way.

would you like the existance of eternal life on earth with that? :lol:

sorry to say dude, but people have been bashing each other on this thread. But it is cool to see what bands people prefer.

PCE

a bad poll.

And get a nice discussion in the way.

sorry to say dude, but people have been bashing each other on this thread.

PCE

That's what I call a nice discussion!

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to convince people one way or another. I'm just backing up my oppinions. Not too many people will argue that such philosophical lyrics as "He's got big balls, she's got big balls, I've got the biggest balls of them all" even so much as hold a candle to songs like It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (by far, I think, the greatest lyrical song ever written; it's a complex poem with insanely deep lyrics). The two are very different: Bob is about the music and the lyrics while ACDC are about the live performance and rocking out. I personally prefer the top-notch music and lyrics with a basic live show than the ACDC style of music with the crazy performance. I also get more out of Bob's shows than I do ACDC. ACDC will rock out, where Bob will hit a deeper chord.

I really don't mean to try to sound like I'm trying to force my oppinions on people, I'm just anticipating and answering the questions I always get when I say that I like Bob's live shows better than ACDC's, because I know I'd instantly get "WTF?! Bob just stands there and Angus runs and Brian this and blablablabla."

Okay.. I think we both can agree that we look for different things in music. ^_^

painkiller, I think that the first sabres comment (with the getting laid-part) was more of a joke and not to be taken so literally. But can you say that if a girl would say to you "I want you right here, right now." you'd answer her that "Nah.. Education is more important than this crap - I'll go study?" because that's the image you give.. Be a man there's nothing to be embaressed in it ;):P

Sorry for going off-topic -_-