Axl Rose movie

Ultrastar

Hollywood has produced hundreds of movies based on music stars, such as Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, and Johnny Cash. As I sat in the movie theater waiting for Walk The Line to start, I started thinking to myself, what if Hollywood made a movie about Axl Rose.

How would you like to see the movie made? Like would you rather it be a big time Hollywood Project, done by a big time director with well known actors, or would you rather it be made on a low budget, indy project, with like no well known actors?

What would the movie be named?

Who would you like to see play Axl Rose?

I would like to see the movie made on a low budget, an indy project, I would like the movie to be directed by someone that loved GNR, that really knew the music, and the band's story. I think this would give the movie the feel that it needs. I think it would give the movie an edge.

I think "Don't Cry" would be an interesting title to the movie. It was the first song the band wrote if I'm not mistaken...

and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who could play Axl Rose. I personally would like to see some no name play him. I would also like to see the actor do a lot of the singing, instead of using Axl's voice and have the actor lip sync. Like they did on "The Doors" and "Walk The Line".

I would love to see this happen, imagine sitting in a theater watching previews, and suddenly the trailer for the Axl Rose movie comes on and you see this actor doing the snake dance, screaming into a micraphone in front of thousands of fans, and then at like the end of the trailer when they are showing the title of the movie you hear the actor scream out "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?"

How would you like to see the movie made? Like would you rather it be a big time Hollywood Project, done by a big time director with well known actors, or would you rather it be made on a low budget, indy project, with like no well known actors?

yeah... like "last days" the movie about Cobain... :book:

Paradox, perhaps you misunderstood me. In which case allow me to clarify, I meant that both Pheonix and Kilmer who played Cash and Morrison in Walk The Line and The Doors did their own vocals for their roles and did not lip sync.

Paradox, perhaps you misunderstood me. In which case allow me to clarify, I meant that both Pheonix and Kilmer who played Cash and Morrison in Walk The Line and The Doors did their own vocals for their roles and did not lip sync.

Yes I did, I read that period before the line as a comma.

dont cry would be a great name cuz i mean it would kinda fit his lifestlye with his family it wasnt that good and you could talk about his wife and other problems he went through

lol i can see the end when they say what happened after the story

"axl has been working on chinese democracy for over 10 years. it will become the greatest music ever recorded never to be released."

get in the ring or estranged could be other cool names and if you wanted to be really cheasy, november rain and the tagline could be "nothing lasts forever..."

Guest JohnUlmer

I think it would be a good idea. In fact, I'd like to see it done like this:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=37684&st=0

^_^

I loved that thread. :lol:

No, in all actuality, I think an Axl movie would be poor if produced in today's Hollywood. Best time would be about another 20 - 30 years, once he's become more of a legend, and they actually do it right.

First of all the movie has to have some kind of ending, unless the breakup of the original lineup is the ending, which would suck.

What wouldn't suck would be the movie following Axl into middle age as he Spinal Tap's his way into his last record without Slash, Duff, or Izzy.

On his death bed he utters the words, "...there really was a wrong way to eat a Reese's......aaaaaahhhhh."

And then he dies.

The End.

(fade to black)

:sleeper:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You mention Presley, Morrison, and Cash. All three were more fascinating, prolific, and influential artists than Mr. Rose. Most of the public sees Axl solely as an object of amusement, and a movie specifically about him would fail miserably. Maybe a GNR movie would work, if only due to the public fascination with Slash. But both are unlikely. Has there been a Rolling Stones movie, an AC/DC movie? At that rate you can hardly expect GNR to be the subject of a feature film.

I can see the Guns N' Roses story being a movie - a good one in fact - but there won't be a real market for it for another five years - or when things have reached some sort of conclusion. Right now, I can only see some TV biopic or HBO special being made, including some cheesy optimistic ending. I hope they don't take that route...

I really liked certain moments of Oliver Stone's The Doors, especially the beginning. If I were ever to do a GNR movie, it have the same feel as that beginning, and be equally dark as well. It'd definitely be its own story and not over-dramatized, cuz let's face it, these guys lived it. Without straying too far off in my own thoughts, a great movie can be made of this band - because there's so much there to work with. However, any filmaker should hold off on the script til there's some sort of conclusion to GNR/VR's career...

I would like to see the movie made on a low budget, an indy project, I would like the movie to be directed by someone that loved GNR, that really knew the music, and the band's story. I think this would give the movie the feel that it needs. I think it would give the movie an edge.

Same here.

Hollywood has produced hundreds of movies based on music stars, such as Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, and Johnny Cash. As I sat in the movie theater waiting for Walk The Line to start, I started thinking to myself, what if Hollywood made a movie about Axl Rose.

I think "Don't Cry" would be an interesting title to the movie. It was the first song the band wrote if I'm not mistaken...

and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who could play Axl Rose. I personally would like to see some no name play him. I would also like to see the actor do a lot of the singing, instead of using Axl's voice and have the actor lip sync. Like they did on "The Doors" and "Walk The Line".

I would love to see this happen, imagine sitting in a theater watching previews, and suddenly the trailer for the Axl Rose movie comes on and you see this actor doing the snake dance, screaming into a micraphone in front of thousands of fans, and then at like the end of the trailer when they are showing the title of the movie you hear the actor scream out "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?"

I think a movie is eventually inevitable (eventually being the key word). If it were made in the next 5 years, I would like to see Orlando Bloom play the role, with a similar appearance as in LOTR but with fire red hair.

nobody can do a Axl Rose movie, because his history is only a half of the things he has to do in this life..... I promise you that Axl will make history again....

I agree. Thus, the "eventually" key word. Now is not the time, as there is so much in the wings to come forth in the near and mid-term future (not discounting the long-term). Taking just recording in specific, there are likely hundreds of songs in the archives, including many closest home piano recordings that will not be released until after his death. I completely agree that a movie should not be released until Mr. Rose has crossed over...however the entertainment business may not appreciate the long-term contributions as much as the short term profit of making a movie prematurely.

i think Mark Walberg (or however it writes) would be perfect as axl...

i mean... "Rockstar"... he do a great job there :book:

Agustin

Edited by Argentina Roses

would be a fuckin good idea! my idea for the title of the movie would be: Dances with dolphins! :)