The Release of Chinese Democracy

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I never got into GNR just for Axl, they were a band that had great songs, and 5 different personalities. I admire Axl and he is one of my favorite rock singers, but I think the esteem he is held in on this forum is fairly overblown. I am waiting for "Chinese Democracy" like the rest of you, and atleast until the album comes out, I'm not aligning myself with any faction. But if "Chinese Democracy" comes out and is worth the wait, it will not change the world, it will not be a huge sensation, it will satisfy us (hopefully) and Axl will be redeemed. To think that CD will have videos on MTV 24/7 is just ridiculous, most see him as a drug-addled relic of the 80's (not me). Unfortunately for Axl "Where's Slash?" will haunt him for the rest of his days, and to say that he will never escape his past success is only a compliment to Guns N' Roses. In the public eye, Guns N' Roses were a great band and Axl is "That dude from the 80's, boy they had funny hair!".

Go ahead and move this to Dust N' Bones if you do so please, I'm sure this point has been touched on several times.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got into GNR just for Axl, they were a band that had great songs, and 5 different personalities. I admire Axl and he is one of my favorite rock singers, but I think the esteem he is held in on this forum is fairly overblown. I am waiting for "Chinese Democracy" like the rest of you, and atleast until the album comes out, I'm not aligning myself with any faction. But if f "Chinese Democracy" comes out and is worth the wait, it will not change the world, it will not be a huge sensation, it will satisfy us (hopefully) and Axl will be redeemed. To think that CD will have videos on MTV 24/7 is just ridiculous, most see him as a drug-addled relic of the 80's (not me).

i agree, after all, how can 2 mediocre guitarists create a sensational, challenging album. unless axl has some trick up his sleeve (buckethead, thal, izzy, zakk), CD probably won't ever hit no.1. GNR fans demand awesome guitar, and this duo ain't enough

I never got into GNR just for Axl, they were a band that had great songs, and 5 different personalities. I admire Axl and he is one of my favorite rock singers, but I think the esteem he is held in on this forum is fairly overblown. I am waiting for "Chinese Democracy" like the rest of you, and atleast until the album comes out, I'm not aligning myself with any faction. But if f "Chinese Democracy" comes out and is worth the wait, it will not change the world, it will not be a huge sensation, it will satisfy us (hopefully) and Axl will be redeemed. To think that CD will have videos on MTV 24/7 is just ridiculous, most see him as a drug-addled relic of the 80's (not me).

i agree, after all, how can 2 mediocre guitarists create a sensational, challenging album. unless axl has some trick up his sleeve (buckethead, thal, izzy, zakk), CD probably won't ever hit no.1. GNR fans demand awesome guitar, and this duo ain't enough

I don't know if you do agree, I think CD could be wonderful, and I also think the band is immensely talented. But it sure as hell isn't going to register with the public on the level many of us believe it will.

I don't know if you do agree, I think CD could be wonderful, and I also think the band is immensely talented. But it sure as hell isn't going to register with the public on the level many of us believe it will.

I think you'd be very surprised. It will be a huge album - not one that takes over the world - but definately a huge rock album.

I think you'd be very surprised. It will be a huge album - not one that takes over the world - but definately a huge rock album.

If I am surprised, it will be pleasantly.

I agree.

If/when it's released, I'm sure C.D. will be amazing. I think it's still possible (though getting less so every day) that Axl could enjoy a little popular success again. But the _Biggest Band in the World_ days are done.

you're all crazy, the greatest hits did overwhelmingly well. GnR has a huge fanbase one that will keep it on the charts especially since it has become almost mythical. Everyone will buy it like it or not! There is no way this album doesnt sell....

I know many of you hate this when people say it, but apart from Axl, Buckethead was the only sellling point of the new Guns N' Roses. He was the only thing that couldve taken it to a fucking new high!!

but alas, it will all be mediocre now...

No one gives the new people a chance! :angry: Manita plays with feeling and skill, it's like Addler and Sorum rolled into one, minus the drugs! Stinson is great, and his slap bass (for most songs), gives it a new edge, although I must admit, I miss Duff. Sure, Finck and Fortus are never going to be Slash and Izzy, get over it. That's why there were 3 people filling their roles. However, remember how together they brought us songs such as the Blues, Madagascar, I.R.S and Chi Dem. Naming those 4 overtakes most of the songs that the Old GN'R had ever written (IMHO - certainly the first two, the third will when finished and Chi Dem has a huge potential). The old band broke up nigh on 10 years. If you want to talk about them, go to the VR section. I don't care if Chinese Democracy sucks, and bites arse, I will listen to it till my ears bleed.

The album will be a massive success even if it's not a great album although i'm fairly sure it will be. That's true Axl will always get asked where's Slash but i'm pretty sure Slash gets the question where's Axl constantly because these two were magical together. It will go straight in at number 1 in America that's for sure. In the U.K i'm less optimistic because of the kind of music people buy over here. Although The Arctic Monkeys went straight to the top and i had my doubts they would, so maybe GN'R will hopefully do the same

Edited by Mama Kin

I know many of you hate this when people say it, but apart from Axl, Buckethead was the only sellling point of the new Guns N' Roses. He was the only thing that couldve taken it to a fucking new high!!

first smart thing you said charles

first smart thing you said charles

i live to give :)

What about Richard?? i think that he is better than Izzy and he has proven how popular he is on this forum already, almost everybody i've seen post about him thinks he's great.

Live perhaps, but as a songwriter people we should wait to pass judgement

Of course the album will sell well, but i too am hopeful rather than expecting it to 'change the world' as many people seem to think it will do.

However if theyve got another Sweet Child or the like up their sleeves then why couldn't a couple of huge singles make them a massive band again? As that is kind of what happened to the original band.

No one gives the new people a chance! :angry: Manita plays with feeling and skill, it's like Addler and Sorum rolled into one, minus the drugs! Stinson is great, and his slap bass (for most songs), gives it a new edge, although I must admit, I miss Duff. Sure, Finck and Fortus are never going to be Slash and Izzy, get over it. That's why there were 3 people filling their roles. However, remember how together they brought us songs such as the Blues, Madagascar, I.R.S and Chi Dem. Naming those 4 overtakes most of the songs that the Old GN'R had ever written (IMHO - certainly the first two, the third will when finished and Chi Dem has a huge potential). The old band broke up nigh on 10 years. If you want to talk about them, go to the VR section. I don't care if Chinese Democracy sucks, and bites arse, I will listen to it till my ears bleed.

Try reading next time. I love the new band, and I think the album will be great. I just don't think it will achieve mass popularity.

Try reading next time. I love the new band, and I think the album will be great. I just don't think it will achieve mass popularity.

I forgot to quote the person:

That's what i was writing to. And GN'R will be back, and bigger and better. Mark my words.

I forgot to quote the person:

That's what i was writing to. And GN'R will be back, and bigger and better. Mark my words.

Alright.

I'm telling you guys right now that everything will hinge on the first single released. It needs to be a rocker. I'm a huge fan of The Blues, Maddagascar, etc, but in order to achieve mainstream success, Axl needs to get the rock world to pay attention again.

This can not be done by releasing power ballads. Its all gonna be about timing. Once the rock world is back on board, then Axl should hit us with The Blues, which, in my opinion, will rocket GnR back to the top!