Original Lineup To Play Download

BrownRock

I don't check in here much now so if this has been posted feel free to lock it.

But according to Ross Halfin the original lineup is supposed to play Download:

I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up.

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/february...uary-2006.html#

Take it how you want.

::BR::

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

I read it as:

The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. (So i won't, i'll just say whatever is least likely to happen). The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up.

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

I read it as:

The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. (So i won't, i'll just say whatever is least likely to happen). The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up.

R.

I don't get that interpretation. But I also don't believe the original lineup is doing anything. Hell, Steven's too busy doing crack in England with Adam Bomb to make a photo shoot, much less plan for a reunion...

Added: On a second read through, knowing how differently he feels about Axl and Slash, it does make sense he could've been saying this with total sarcasm toward the new band.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I read it as:

R.

I don't get that interpretation. But I also don't believe the original lineup is doing anything. Hell, Steven's too busy doing crack in England with Adam Bomb to make a photo shoot, much less plan for a reunion...

Added: On a second read through, knowing how differently he feels about Axl and Slash, it does make sense he could've been saying this with total sarcasm toward the new band.

I agree. Not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but either way I find it very unlikely.

Funny how a rumour/possible news of this magnitude that could turn the GNR world upside down has a few posts, but a thread about a possible Axl sighting in Vegas is 4 pages and counting.

Says a lot about peoples priorities doesn't it?

I think he's taking the piss. He did just mention that he didn't want to tell the truth.

Funny how a rumour/possible news of this magnitude that could turn the GNR world upside down has a few posts, but a thread about a possible Axl sighting in Vegas is 4 pages and counting.

I think if people thought there was a greater chance that it could happen - and if Halfin hadn't created several pieces of 'news' in recent months.

Surely VR will be back on the road by Download time - why would some of it's members go back to Gn'R?

R.

I think if people thought there was a greater chance that it could happen - and if Halfin hadn't created several pieces of 'news' in recent months.

Surely VR will be back on the road by Download time - why would some of it's members go back to Gn'R?

R.

I dont really see how his comments can be discredited simply on past comments. He mentioned some comments about Merck's views on CD, and about GH2. Neither comment was proven false.

I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up.

This tell the truth line is pretty much a tip off that he's being sarcastic. At least that's how I read it, and I believe the same way xEstrangedx read it.

I think the only way Axl would reform the old band right now is if he was unhappy with the way his new band was going. I guess it's not impossible considering the delays, but it is very, very unlikely. Just imagine though...as we speak the old band is working together to polish up Chinese Democracy and keep it a big secret. Imagine how huge that would be? They could debut the first video and it's fucking Slash, Duff, and Izzy on the TV screen with no advance warning the old band was back together. Holy shit! :wub:

Lay off people, I know this is just a wild fantasy. :rolleyes:

Edited by KBear

This tell the truth line is pretty much a tip off that he's being sarcastic. At least that's how I read it, and I believe the same way xEstrangedx read it.

I think the only way Axl would reform the old band right now is if he was unhappy with the way his new band was going. I guess it's not impossible considering the delays, but it is very, very unlikely. Just imagine though...as we speak the old band is working together to polish up Chinese Democracy and keep it a big secret. Imagine how huge that would be? They could debut the first video and it's fucking Slash, Duff, and Izzy on the TV screen with no advance warning the old band was back together. Holy shit! :wub:

Lay off people, I know this is just a wild fantasy. :rolleyes:

Actually, I am gonna add to it.

They start off playing all 1987-92 stuff and band members come and go onstage with each passing year/era/song.

Then for 2 hours, we get the current line up of GNR to give the original lineup a break (minus Axl of course because his voice is perfect and he sings non stop all night)

Then for the finale, it's Original GNR, VR, current GNR and they do "Wish you were here", "Drift Away" and and "Take it to the limit"

rock3 :chef:

im not believeing till i see but all the guns n roses news we have already gotten in just a month into the new year is promising and so is the axl interview and the sightings its very promising people dont get your hopes 2 high but i believe this will be a great year for guns n roses