Original Lineup To Play Download

BrownRock

GUNS N' ROSES And METALLICA To Play U.K.'s DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL? - Feb. 4, 2006

Will GUNS N' ROSES's classic lineup and METALLICA perform at this year's Download Festival? Legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin seems to think so. According to a February 3, 2006 posting on Halfin's official web site, "the original lineup [of GUNS N' ROSES] is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, METALLICA, if Lars [ulrich, METALLICA drummer] can be bothered to turn up."

This year's installment of the Download Festival is set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. Confirmed acts so far include THE PRODIGY, TRIVIUM and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, with the full lineup expected to be around 100 rock bands over the three days, according to eFestivals.co.uk.

Tickets went on sale on February 3, priced at £110 for the three days, or £135 including camping and parking. Campervans cost £35, and parking is £5 in advance or £10 on the day.

I don't think that would happen.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the arena is big enough to hold both Hetfield and Axl's ego.

Hetfield isent ego but you probobly think of Lars

Jason Newstead would tell a different story....

Newsted nah mabye but Lars is still known as the biggest ego in metallica.

Original line up - highly unlikley to happen - common no way are they gonna get back together with adler. Probably the 1991 line up of axl, slash, izzy, duff, matt, diz is more likley. Although if GnR play i reckon it will be the new lineup not the old one.

I hpe it does happen, but i wouldn't mind ifit was the original Guns or the Current lineup. But what's Axl gonna do? Just fire all the new guys and say to them, sorry but these guys who i fired like 10 years ago want back in so you're out of a job. they could sue him for that. I know i would cause i'd be really pissed off.

I don't check in here much now so if this has been posted feel free to lock it.

But according to Ross Halfin the original lineup is supposed to play Download:

I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up.

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/february...uary-2006.html#

Take it how you want.

::BR::

If this happens...... which I know it probobly won't that would be fuckin cool! My 2 fav. Bands doin something together again!

now i know there have been posts about the orginall line up playing dont know if thats true or not. but according to the rumors on getlive site guns and roses will be there could be the new line up could be the orignal dont know yet not confirmed but so far the only rumers to come out of the site for download is the actualy lineup and seeing as getlive are the people who run the fest then why would they bother making up there own rumers?

http://getlive.co.uk/festivals/lineup.aspx?rid=133287

I hpe it does happen, but i wouldn't mind ifit was the original Guns or the Current lineup. But what's Axl gonna do? Just fire all the new guys and say to them, sorry but these guys who i fired like 10 years ago want back in so you're out of a job. they could sue him for that. I know i would cause i'd be really pissed off.

how are they gonna sue him he can kick everyone because its hes band. All the new guys has projects of their own anyway. I really hope this is true.