Post Counts

axl_rose_gnr

Dont you think this forum would be a better place if there were no post counts? At least then people would only post when they have something interesting to say instead of posting to increase their post count. Also people who have 1000's of posts couldn't look down at people with only a few posts to their name.

What do post counts really do? A person with 10 posts could have just the same amount of knowledge, or more, than a person with 1500 posts.

I mean I come on here every couple of weeks or so to see whats new (often nothing is) and post now and again, I then go away for a while to get on with things in my own life, but im seeing people who are just on here 24/7, seriously it cant be good for your health.

Say what you want but i'm guessing people with low post counts will tend to agree with me and the people with high post counts will try and defend their non existent social life.

To be honest, I wont be offended by anything anyone has to say in response to this, after all its a forum on the internet, it wont affect my life in any way.

Rant over, Im outta here!

Dont you think this forum would be a better place if there were no post counts?

No.

Actually yes it would. Like axl_rose_gnr said people wouldn't be so aware of raising their post count and perhaps they might start contributing intelligently to the forum.

I don't think you would ever lose the fact that some members look down on other members because of higher post counts. You could easily tell by their rank that they have more posts than someone else so there is no real point in changing it.

you are right, though i don't have a problem with that..

if the so-called "oldies" look down at the so-called "noobs" it's their loss.

but there are some users- which names i won't mention, that are getting their ass up because they are "oh my god" and stuff.. i saw comments like "kill the noob started the thread" and shit.

so these people must grow up, and that's it. we are here to share information and opinions about GNR and the rock world generally, not to be in situations where some of the users are patronizing. it's pathetic.

i read the posts not the post count

but i do think that if it's someone you know of, one of the well-known posters, you listen to their veiws more than a newbies

maybe not conciously, though

that's indeen the situation, and it's lame!!!

i mean, there are some well-known posters that you wanna see posting often because you know they'll post something smart.. like x Patience x, x Estranged x, darkstar_legend and more...

but lots of them are posting jokes all day long.. or patronizing for nothing.. like sabre did.

Personally, I've always believed quality was more important than quantity, and so I never look at somebody's post count. I just read the post.

The only time I glance at the post count is if the person has posted spam or a nonsense thread -- and I have to the check the IPs to see if the person is one of our former banned members returning to disrupt the forum because he doesn't have a life - or if it's a newbie who thinks spamming is fun. :monkey:

Personally, I've always believed quality was more important than quantity, and so I never look at somebody's post count. I just read the post.

The only time I glance at the post count is if the person has posted spam or a nonsense thread -- and I have to the check the IPs to see if the person is one of our former banned members returning to disrupt the forum because he doesn't have a life - or if it's a newbie who thinks spamming is fun. :monkey:

Could be a she

I don't care about my post count or any other users post count.

I know for a fact that people with less than 100 posts know more about GNR than I do, and i am fine with it.

I don't look down to users with less posts than me, nor do i look upon to users with more posts...

I really don't care about this stuff. It's about quality, not quantity...madison's right.

I know for a fact that people with less than 100 posts know more about GNR than I do, and i am fine with it.

I don't look down to users with less posts than me, nor do i look upon to users with more posts...

I really don't care about this stuff. It's about quality, not quantity...madison's right.

Very true. I know there a lot of members that have a more extensive knowledge of GNR than me whether they've posted a lot or not.

In some cases, you don't even need to have many posts to become recognised. Matt13 and darknemus are prime examples of this.

Very true. I know there a lot of members that have a more extensive knowledge of GNR than me whether they've posted a lot or not.

In some cases, you don't even need to have many posts to become recognised. Matt13 and darknemus are prime examples of this.

Who are they?

I really couldn't care less about them - I take care to read the actual post and not the member's post count.

exactly .

This postcount thing is all bullshit .

I mean the people i respect here is because of their , smart and wise opinions not because they are a "demi-god " or a "god" , or whatever .

Yeah i can imagine that ..my respect for the members would grow according with their postcount development . Man when the member reached the max "status" i couldnt dare to go againt his views , because according to his postcount he is the best and knows it all ? Thats so ridiculous .:rolleyes:

Anyway i always found it funny in a ridiculous way , that people didnt consider soemone opinion just because their postcount isn't big enough . Also i found it funny when the so called newbies decide to "attack" the ones with big postcount by saying they dont have social life lol ..is pretty funny when you dont know nothing about people life here

So for all this bullshit , im part of the campaign against postcount. Like that

post count alone dosn't mean much, it should be looked at considering the aqaulity if posts and how long the member has been here. I thinks its laughable how some people break into the thousands after just a month or so :lol:

Ive been here a while but my post count is still rather low, I visit the site a lot but only post now and then. I believe some people post with the belief that post count = respect in some sense. It makes no difference to me if it were to stay or go.

Look at the criteria to be a mod, something about posting regular quality posts, you have to find a happy medium. There is a point to be made there but im not sure what it is.

My post count is reasonably high because when i first joined the forum all i would do is talk about Guns N' Roses mainly the old GN'R as i had so much i wanted to say. Then when i discussed everything there was to discuss i started to post in the soccer threads, pretty girls threads and post your picture threads etc. This was obviously due to lack of GN'R discussion on the board as there was little to discuss. There's a lot of interesting threads that are started which are usually non GN'R related which is a good thing imo because you get to express yourself on different levels.

Edited by Mama Kin