easiest guns song to learn?

ive been tinkering around with my electric guitar for quite a while now and i plan to get back into it. i never learned a guns song so i plan to start now. whats the easiest song? if i could get just the riff down for a song im pretty sure i could manage to stick with it this time.

ive been tinkering around with my electric guitar for quite a while now and i plan to get back into it. i never learned a guns song so i plan to start now. whats the easiest song? if i could get just the riff down for a song im pretty sure i could manage to stick with it this time.

right next door to hell or dust n bones

and of course used to love her

don't listen to those ppl...

The easiest songs to learn are Knockin on Heaven's Door, Don't cry, Patience. They're all slow songs with easy chord progressions and easy solos. Learn those first...note for note...then try Nov Rain, and Estranged.

As you build up your finger strength, you can advance to faster leads. I remember learning those i mentioned first. Do yourself a favor..learn all the rhythm too...it will help you understand why Slash is playing the notes he plays.

People will say something stupid like: "learn coma first"....These are people who can't play the song themselves..and are trying to overstate their guitar abilites. Coma is not an easy song, for a beginner anyway.

Not only does it have pretty fast leads, but it has so many chord and scale changes, it is also challenging to remember.

Keep your eye on ballads, or slower songs, and work up to speed...and as a tip...play along with the CD..it will make you a timing guru, because it's like you're always playing with a band. And don't be lazy. If a lead calls for bending strings, bend the fuckers...because that's the key to emotional playing..is those bends. And watch your fingers..The tips of your fingers, even your pinky, should be fretting the string, not the sides of your fingers...

Hope it helps. Good luck.

don't listen to those ppl...

The easiest songs to learn are Knockin on Heaven's Door, Don't cry, Patience. They're all slow songs with easy chord progressions and easy solos. Learn those first...note for note...then try Nov Rain, and Estranged.

As you build up your finger strength, you can advance to faster leads. I remember learning those i mentioned first. Do yourself a favor..learn all the rhythm too...it will help you understand why Slash is playing the notes he plays.

People will say something stupid like: "learn coma first"....These are people who can't play the song themselves..and are trying to overstate their guitar abilites. Coma is not an easy song, for a beginner anyway.

Not only does it have pretty fast leads, but it has so many chord and scale changes, it is also challenging to remember.

Keep your eye on ballads, or slower songs, and work up to speed...and as a tip...play along with the CD..it will make you a timing guru, because it's like you're always playing with a band. And don't be lazy. If a lead calls for bending strings, bend the fuckers...because that's the key to emotional playing..is those bends. And watch your fingers..The tips of your fingers, even your pinky, should be fretting the string, not the sides of your fingers...

Hope it helps. Good luck.

don't listen to that guy, patience, don't cry, and KOHD are very difficult if you play them note for note, there's no way a beginner could do that.

dust n' bones and right next door to hell are incredibly easy. a beginner could even play the solo to RNDTH without that much of a problem.

if you want to learn how to play full songs, lead and rhythm....listen to my post...

Logically, slower is easier to learn than faster...the songs I pointed out are slower in tempo, and less complicated....

its exactly what i fuckin learned right away. Get the tab...follow it...u'll have those songs learned in a skeletal form within a couple of weeks. I taught 6 people, who didn't know any guitar those songs in a few weeks...

It works...i speak from my own experience and theirs.

I started off with the intro to don't cry

Same, but when S watched gilby play it he keeps his hands in steady chords as he plays but I just fiddle my fingers around.

----------------------

I find the intro to sweet child of mine VERY easy but maybe you've already learnt that, and the bass bit as well.

PP

I first learnt SCOM riff, then KHOD riff & 1st solo, then Don't Cry riff, SCOM solo (big mistake, it was so much more advanced than what I learnt before, couldn't use my pinky for a week :tongue2: )

That's the whole point! In order to get good, your fingers will need to be abused. Calouses will build up and your fingers will become stronger. You sound like a whine-bag.."my fingers hurt...wah wah!"

Geez kids these days...

Get GuitarPro, really easy to use, plays the tabs for you!

And you can choose how fast it goes and use it as a metronome, ect.

First GN'R song I learned was SCOM intro, and if a friend or somethin' teaches

you it's pretty easy, just keep practicin'.

The Chinese Democracy intro is easy as hell too :)

I never even thought about trying to play Chinese Democracy.. think i'll give it a go :krider:

I first learnt SCOM riff, then KHOD riff & 1st solo, then Don't Cry riff, SCOM solo (big mistake, it was so much more advanced than what I learnt before, couldn't use my pinky for a week :tongue2: )

That's the whole point! In order to get good, your fingers will need to be abused. Calouses will build up and your fingers will become stronger. You sound like a whine-bag.."my fingers hurt...wah wah!"

Geez kids these days...

:question: Notice the tongue sticking out...I'm glad I done it, when was I whinging...arsehole