STONES

it was so kool that their stage was the tongue that was awsome. for those of you who didnt see it they played only three songs ( :( there should have been more) they played start me up, rough justice, and i cant get no satisfaction. it was pretty awsome i wish i was there. they may be old but they can still rock rock4rock3 rock2 rock1

I fucking hate it when people think that Daryl and Chuck are just studio guys filling in spots. Ronnie's only been a Stone for, well not much longer than Chuck (Chuck has been playing with the Stones since the late 70s, I believe; he was also in a band called the Alman Brothers, who you may have heard of), and Daryl has been a Stone since the early-to-mid Nineties. They are both trememndous musicians.

As for tonight, WOW! Those guys are ace. I just saw em a week and a half ago, but seeing em on TV was still great. Start Me Up was way too predictable (and not nearly as good of an opener as Jumpin Jack Flash, which they opened with when I saw em), but was still great. Rough Justice was amazing as well. I just love that song. As oldschool as it gets, my friends! Satisfaction....wow. Loved Mick's intro: We coulda done this one at SuperBowl I, but good things come to those who wait! Rumors going around from techies at the rehearsals were all saying that they'd close with It's Only Rock N Roll, so Satisfaction was a nice surprise for me. Love this band. All aging, but they are all (in particular Keith, Charlie, and Mick) still in their prime. Great to see them rockin the largest TV audience of the year!

And by the way, two lines were censored on 5-second delay:

"You, you, you make a dead man cum" --Start Me Up

"Once upon a time, I was your little rooster, now I'm just one of your cocks" --Rough Justice

Although I could've done with a different tune to kick things off rather than "Start Me Up", The Stones kicked ass at halftime. Those guys are still phenominal and showed why they're still the reigning Kings of all rock bands today. Sorry, Bono and U2--Mick and the boys are all over you.

May have been the first SB halftime show actually worth watching...and a hell of a lot better than having to witness little Justin yanking out Jacko's sis' saggy hooter...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

There's already a thread about this. Regardless, I thought the Stones owned. I actually thought Mick was dead on. Newsflash: he always sounds bad. He's not a good singer, but he's right for their music and a sick frontman. The band were rockin tonight. While I would have liked them to start off with Jumpin Jack Flash, the set was a solid, standard 3-songer from the boys. All in all, fantastic show!

You know the acoustics aren't going to be great. Most performers that actually do sing at these things don't sound too hot--only the lipsynchers. Maybe I'm taking their age and everything into account, but I thought they kicked major ass...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It reminded me how much I hate the Stones and their crappy music. I can't get no satisfaction must be the most overrated song of all time, its so damn boring. I thought Jaggers voice sounded quite good though.

Edited by Ken

pretty ugly

mick can still move...a lot...still can't sing as usual

but what happened to ron's audio? i could barely hear his lead and shit

and they really showed keith (the most talented outta all of them) about once or twice if that

paul wins the super bowl battle for nostalgic acts...

By the end they were getting more into the swing of it... it's hard only playing a three-song set... you're not in the groove yet. The sound quality did suck. But what do you expect? It was in a stadium, and they assembled that huge-ass stage in 5 minutes. They couldn't do a proper sound check and all.

For what they had to deal with, they did great. It was nice to not see a bunch of flashy sluttiness and popped-to-the-max plasticness. Just a good ole' bluesy, sloppy rock n' roll show... candy to the ears.