Did Jim Morrison fake his death?

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

... But I read a few articles on it and it seems more likely.

This is a very good article (if a bit psycho). It is very extensive. One thing it doesn't mention is that months before moving to Paris (where he died), Jim told friends and bandmembers that he was going to fake his death and move to Africa to get away from the press, and write to them once he got there as "Mr. Mojo Risin'".

http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/mojo-risin.htm

Guest JohnUlmer
I don't buy it, but if you are interested you should also check this out.

http://www.rodeoswest.com/

I thought that one was a total fraud before - and I still don't think it's Morrison - but it ties in to the fact that, according to the article I posted, many James Douglas Morrisons exist, including one of Jim's record producers...? :o

I don't know, I do believe in the supernatural and I think witchcraft definitely is a dark thing to become involved with. Considering all the aspects of it that Morrison was involved with, somehow reading these wacko conspiracy theories involving escaping souls and everything doesn't sound so far fetched. Pretty weird.

Edited by JohnUlmer

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I thought that one was a total fraud before - and I still don't think it's Morrison - but it ties in to the fact that, according to the article I posted, many James Douglas Morrisons exist, including one of Jim's record producers...? :o

I don't know, I do believe in the supernatural and I think witchcraft definitely is a dark thing to become involved with. Considering all the aspects of it that Morrison was involved with, somehow reading these wacko conspiracy theories involving escaping souls and everything doesn't sound so far fetched. Pretty weird.

Having read the whole thing, I'm not convinced at all. If he had faked his own death, he wouldn't have went on that way. I have some faith in him and I believe that if he wanted to fake his own death it would be to achieve solitude and escape fame. And believing that, I am not interested in whether he is alive, he is at peace either way.

Guest JohnUlmer

Having read the whole thing, I'm not convinced at all. If he had faked his own death, he wouldn't have went on that way. I have some faith in him and I believe that if he wanted to fake his own death it would be to achieve solitude and escape fame. And believing that, I am not interested in whether he is alive, he is at peace either way.

Good point.

However, as I was reading it, I imagined it making a really good psychedelic, bizarre film in the vein of David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch. Just the idea of Morrison's spirit (or the Indian spirits, or whatever) escaping his soul and taking form in other ways - if done respectfully, artistically and intelligently, it could be pretty amazing. And I'm not saying it should pretend to be a biography or a "true story" - more like Bubba Ho-Tep, but without humor. :P

BTW, I was listening to some Doors songs again tonight...I played this song named Do It from "The Soft Parade" - I don't remember it being so good. It's odd how every time I listen to a Doors song, I find more to like about it/them.

Edited by JohnUlmer

Good point.

However, as I was reading it, I imagined it making a really good psychedelic, bizarre film in the vein of David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch. Just the idea of Morrison's spirit (or the Indian spirits, or whatever) escaping his soul and taking form in other ways - if done respectfully, artistically and intelligently, it could be pretty amazing. And I'm not saying it should pretend to be a biography or a "true story" - more like Bubba Ho-Tep, but without humor. :P

BTW, I was listening to some Doors songs again tonight...I played this song named Do It from "The Soft Parade" - I don't remember it being so good. It's odd how every time I listen to a Doors song, I find more to like about it/them.

Naked Lunch was a novel by William Burroughs, you probably knew that.

Yes, I am in a huge Doors phase, I just today got "The Soft Parade" and "LA Woman", I now have all 6 of their albums on vinyl. They were special in so many ways.

Guest JohnUlmer

Yes, have you seen the film? I bought the Criterion DVD with a gift certificate from Christmas a couple months ago...it is the most bizarre American film I've ever seen.

Yes, I am in a huge Doors phase, I just today got "The Soft Parade" and "LA Woman", I now have all 6 of their albums on vinyl. They were special in so many ways.

I really got into them about a year ago. I knew a few songs but then I purchased a three-pack collection (LA Woman, The Doors, Morrison Hotel) and was addicted.

Do you have the American Prayer and Paris Tapes albums?

Yes, have you seen the film? I bought the Criterion DVD with a gift certificate from Christmas a couple months ago...it is the most bizarre American film I've ever seen.

I really got into them about a year ago. I knew a few songs but then I purchased a three-pack collection (LA Woman, The Doors, Morrison Hotel) and was addicted.

No, I just have the six from Jim's lifetime. I haven't seen the movie and I haven't read the book either, it was just the whole "credit where credit is due" tendency.

Guest JohnUlmer

No, I just have the six from Jim's lifetime. I haven't seen the movie and I haven't read the book either, it was just the whole "credit where credit is due" tendency.

Ah.

I haven't read the book either, but am kind of interested in it now.

The American Prayer album is cool - it's lame how they try to add music to Jim's poems to pass it off as a Doors album (why not just release it as a Jim Morrison poetry album other than the prospect of making loads of money?) but it's still cool.

I don't think you can buy the Paris Tapes, but I'm not sure. I got it as a bootleg.

Ah.

I haven't read the book either, but am kind of interested in it now.

The American Prayer album is cool - it's lame how they try to add music to Jim's poems to pass it off as a Doors album (why not just release it as a Jim Morrison poetry album other than the prospect of making loads of money?) but it's still cool.

I don't think you can buy the Paris Tapes, but I'm not sure. I got it as a bootleg.

the books were released in the late 70s as a Jim Morrison book...he has three or so out

i thought the music was quite fitting at times

He took a bunch of drugs over a number of years, along with smoking and drinking that didn't do any good for his hearth. The he got fat and had a heart attack. It's easy to seduced by these lies but the sad fact is, that as great an artist as he was he died. His big, blubbery body was found in the tub. Death has no respect for talent.

Elvis died on the toilet, and to quote dennis leary his big hairy king of rock n' roll ass was uncovered for all the world to see.

The truth is sad, but it's the truth.

It's possbile Jim faked his death. i bet he got far away from Paris And he payed the gravekeeper too put his grave there in Paris. And Jim told him how too make the gravestone and all. So the owner of the paris graveyard knows Jims alive. And was paid will by Jim. And Jim is in South American living a happy life. He must be 60 about now.

He took a bunch of drugs over a number of years, along with smoking and drinking that didn't do any good for his hearth. The he got fat and had a heart attack. It's easy to seduced by these lies but the sad fact is, that as great an artist as he was he died. His big, blubbery body was found in the tub. Death has no respect for talent.

Elvis died on the toilet, and to quote dennis leary his big hairy king of rock n' roll ass was uncovered for all the world to see.

I agree 100%

With the amount of drugs and alcohol consumed,I don't find it hard to believe that his ticker gave out on him.

I agree! I love Jim Morrison, but he did it to himself. It's a shame he died at 27, but it happened.

PEACE!