Why has there never been a GNR B-Sides and Rarities collection?

Maddergascar

Seriously, what with all the demos and stuff floating around the net from the old bands, and maybe a few rejects from CD, there must be easily enough stuff to fill one. You'd think the record company would be desperate to do something like this, given the appetite (pun intended) for more gnr recordings and the bands currently rather small catalogue.

im pretty sure its bound to happen eventually.

kinda like with all john lennons unrealesed music they put out recently.

maybe that'll be the record labels next release as an attempt to motivate axl to get chinese democracy finished. like they did with the greatest hits cd.

its probably all to do with Axl. considering he has been working on CD all these years the record company hasn't wanted to step on his toes until the GH thing. its just a matter of time, either we see CD or we see a record company cashing out their investment.

Probably because their B-sides suck. Every band has their crap songs, and some bands release them (Zeppelin released Coda) while some never do. Of course, Pearl Jam put out a double album of b-sides and at least half of them were really good, so you never know. What I've heard of GnR's B-sides is pretty crap, so that's probably why they don't put them out.

Probably because their B-sides suck.

you think "Crash Diet", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Heartbreak Hotel", "Shadow of Your Love", and the acoustic demo of "November Rain" suck? that's a pretty good collection of tunes right there. what else would be on there? possibly their live version of "Dead Flowers" and "Whole Lotta Rosie"? i think they could put out a pretty good record based on their unreleased/rare stuff.

Probably because their B-sides suck.

you think "Crash Diet", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Heartbreak Hotel", "Shadow of Your Love", and the acoustic demo of "November Rain" suck? that's a pretty good collection of tunes right there. what else would be on there? possibly their live version of "Dead Flowers" and "Whole Lotta Rosie"? i think they could put out a pretty good record based on their unreleased/rare stuff.

"Ain't going down" is pretty good too, perhaps "Cornchucker" and this other songs, what's it called...something like "Just another sunday" could be used

it would be good to see that happen and if CD dosent sell then they might. in the hope of making more mony to pay for the disaster called "chinese Democracy". but that wont happen it will be a big success In My Opinion

SS.

Not interesting enough for a record company to release I think. Too complicated with little marketability.

You really think so? GNR are still huge and plenty of other far less popular bands have had collections like this released. The fact that it's been 14 years since gnr released and original material can only have increased demand imho.

BTW, i bet there must be some complete demos of tracks recorded with some of the old members that will never make CD anyway. But there's probably enough stuff for one disc without going that far.

Edited by Maddergascar